SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Unwanted persistent options and defective torpedoes (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=242279)

Mios 4Me 09-02-19 12:42 AM

Unwanted persistent options and defective torpedoes

I'm on the second patrol of a new stock career with a Balao, currently Feb 1942, and encountering severe difficulties with Mark 16 torpedoes exploding prematurely. I've tried unchecking the dud torpedoes gameplay option, along with others, then starting the game from a save, but when I check later, the old settings have returned. It's so bad that between early detonations and inexplicable misses, I'm getting two hits or less out of a salvo of six, under conditions of complete surprise and at ranges under 2.3km. I'm aware of the historical issues with the Mk 14 FWIW and chose the Mark 16 instead, as I've done for the last two careers. Why is this suddenly popping up and how can I fix it?

KaleunMarco 09-02-19 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mios 4Me (Post 2625410)
I'm on the second patrol of a new stock career with a Balao, currently Feb 1942, and encountering severe difficulties with Mark 16 torpedoes exploding prematurely. I've tried unchecking the dud torpedoes gameplay option, along with others, then starting the game from a save, but when I check later, the old settings have returned. It's so bad that between early detonations and inexplicable misses, I'm getting two hits or less out of a salvo of six, under conditions of complete surprise and at ranges under 2.3km. I'm aware of the historical issues with the Mk 14 FWIW and chose the Mark 16 instead, as I've done for the last two careers. Why is this suddenly popping up and how can I fix it?

when you say: "tried unchecking the dud torpedoes gameplay option, along with others, then starting the game from a save, but when I check later, the old settings have returned"
do you mean a save in the middle of a mission
or
do you mean a save in-port between missions?
:Kaleun_Salute:

Mios 4Me 09-02-19 09:33 AM

Within a game for sure; between games possibly.

KaleunMarco 09-02-19 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mios 4Me (Post 2625459)
Within a game for sure; between games possibly.

yeah....a best practice is to never make changes while you are out on a mission. a lot of things can and do happen and almost all of them are negative, bad, unexpected, and not-preferable.

my suggestion is to start or restart at a point in time, in your home port, after a mission that ended successfully or at the beginning of a new career. implement your changes via JSGME or the game Options screen and then go and test them during a mission. :Kaleun_Salute:

fireftr18 09-02-19 09:00 PM

For a career, you have to change options in the office screen. There is a radio on a shelf on the left side of the screen. You access the options through that. You can't change options in career mode during a patrol.