SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270)

CDR Resser 07-28-19 05:26 PM

Hi all!

I'm coming back to the game after a lengthy hiatus. Fortunately, there are still a few names I recognize.

Anyway, after loading up SH4, the large area address fix and JSGME, I decided to give FOTRS a go. After downloading and unzipping the mod into the folder, I get a load error that indicates a couple of files are missing. They are as follows:

data/menu/data/black80.tga
data/menu/skins/american/gui/intelligenceunits/paper.dds

I'm planning to re-download the mod and try again, but I thought it might be wise to report the issue, in case someone else experiences the same thing. I didn't see any evidence of this particular problem after searching the thread.

Thanks. Looking forward to trying out all your hard work.

Respectfully Submitted;
CDR Resser

cdrsubron7 07-28-19 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDR Resser (Post 2620685)
Hi all!

I'm coming back to the game after a lengthy hiatus. Fortunately, there are still a few names I recognize.

Anyway, after loading up SH4, the large area address fix and JSGME, I decided to give FOTRS a go. After downloading and unzipping the mod into the folder, I get a load error that indicates a couple of files are missing. They are as follows:

I'm planning to re-download the mod and try again, but I thought it might be wise to report the issue, in case someone else experiences the same thing. I didn't see any evidence of this particular problem after searching the thread.

Thanks. Looking forward to trying out all your hard work.

Respectfully Submitted;
CDR Resser

You can find the latest version of FOTRSU here if you need it.

CDR Resser 07-28-19 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 (Post 2620688)
You can find the latest version of FOTRSU here if you need it.

Thanks for the link. I tried it as well and had the same issue. Everything appears to be working, but after the mod is enabled, the game freezes on the loading screen. While that looks great, I was hoping to get farther.

I really appreciate the prompt assistance.

Respectfully Submitted;
CDR Resser

cdrsubron7 07-28-19 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDR Resser (Post 2620695)
Thanks for the link. I tried it as well and had the same issue. Everything appears to be working, but after the mod is enabled, the game freezes on the loading screen. While that looks great, I was hoping to get farther.

I really appreciate the prompt assistance.

Respectfully Submitted;
CDR Resser

What version of SH4 are you currently using? Is it from a disc or downloaded from somewhere?

propbeanie 07-28-19 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowFin (Post 2620603)
... Are you saying this version already has the correct horizon geometry? What about the angular size of the sun and the moon? ...

As previously stated, CapnScurvy has tweaked all of those aspects to be in compliance. :salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper450 (Post 2620666)
@Prop
I was in the Narwhal and yes I was the f12 external camera...lesson learned :salute:

That still shouldn't CTD the game. I'll look into that. But as merc4ulfate said "stop doing that!"... :O: :salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDR Resser (Post 2620685)
... After downloading and unzipping the mod into the folder, I get a load error that indicates a couple of files are missing. They are as follows:

As cdrsubron7 is alluding to, that sounds like a v1.4 of the game trying to run a v1.5 mod... :salute:

CDR Resser 07-28-19 10:08 PM

That’s what it was, wrong version.

I grabbed the wrong disc and loaded it up, updated it, and got all the way to the point I mentioned above before I realized my initial error.

I did get the correct version (1.5) installed before I had to stop for a bit. I will have it running in the morning.

It REALLY has been a long time since I played with this game.

Thanks for the assistance.

YellowFin 07-29-19 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2620706)
As previously stated, CapnScurvy has tweaked all of those aspects to be in compliance. :salute:

Brilliant!:yeah:

Hoster1472 07-29-19 12:02 PM

Save games

Hi everyone,
i installed the game correctly deleting old save games. I can start the mission in the harbour and play the game, everything ok. But when I save the game and restart loading the file the game always crashed. Whats wrong? Any ideas? Thanks for replies.

propbeanie 07-29-19 05:47 PM

Do you know if you have LAA activated properly on your SH4.exe file, Hoster1472?

Hoster1472 07-30-19 02:57 AM

Yes, it is activated. Strange, it seems that nobody else has the same difficulties...

cdrsubron7 07-30-19 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoster1472 (Post 2620828)
Yes, it is activated. Strange, it seems that nobody else has the same difficulties...

Just asking, was the copy of SH4 your using a fresh copy or one that you have installed other mods over before?

Front Runner 07-30-19 12:27 PM

I’m on my way back

After LOTS of work IRL and a major computer crash, I’m getting all set to download v90. Time for a visit to Empire waters.

merc4ulfate 07-30-19 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoster1472 (Post 2620772)
Hi everyone,
i installed the game correctly deleting old save games. I can start the mission in the harbour and play the game, everything ok. But when I save the game and restart loading the file the game always crashed. Whats wrong? Any ideas? Thanks for replies.

If you followed Capt Scruvy's installation directions those files should have been deleted before your installation and so should your data files.

From Capt Scurvy:

As we await the next release...… there are a few things every player should do to make sure their Stock game is ready.

1. Run JSGME's "Compare game files to snapshot" feature from it's "Tasks..." menu (found in the center of the JSGME main page). Your Stock game files should be exactly as they were when you first took that "Snapshot" way back when you first installed the game, with JSGME added. YOU DID TAKE A "SNAPSHOT" DIDN"T YOU?!?!

If NOT?!? Reinstall the game and this time with a clean install..... take one!! How will you know your game isn't corrupt by mod/file changing if you don't have a reference to go back to? JSGME has a README explaining what to do.....READ IT and follow the instructions.

2. Delete your "Documents/SH4" folder before running the game with the new Public Beta added. You'll have to reset your game Options/Graphics setting for your specific monitor resolution, exit the game, and restart for the resolution to take effect. But, that's a small price to pay for insuring your Stock game is ready for the changes "Ultimate" will bring to the game.

Don't use any of your old saved games, let any new saves be made from a clean start with the latest edition added. Old saved games will not run correctly with the newer files .....don't use them! By deleting the previous SH4 folder, you're deleting those older saves and setting up your game with a fresh start. Do this now, and do it anytime you think there's trouble with corruption to the Stock game files.

3. By all means, follow the guidance from "Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install" if you have a newer computer than Windows XP, and have more than 3 gigs of RAM memory!!

Front Runner 07-30-19 10:01 PM

Success! I'm playing FOTRSUv90

After work today, I reinstalled SH4 and then the Corruption Management System, created a FOTRSU folder, (don't forget to change the "read only" settings to "off" for the entire folder,) set up JSGME and I took a test run.
It looks great!
Anyway, it is good to be back in the game.

Michael Wood 08-03-19 10:43 AM

Mission Crashs

I am driving the S-38, in June of 1942, in the Solomon Islands on my third patrol. Twice, so far, when I clicked the envelope to get a new mission, I got a game crash. These crashes were non-sequential. I am pretty sure they were caused by something in the mission file, but cannot tell which one or ones they were, because the game crashed (so this report is of limited value).

I am playing a new, virgin copy of the game which I bought for FOTRS .90, installed on my E: drive, and I deleted the SH4 file and I use the Large Memory Aware program.