SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Fixes for Updated Mission Release for ZW´s Members (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=161084)

morttheslayer 02-16-10 10:03 AM

Occassional default to driver Position when Driver Auto selected

ZeeWolf - Thanks for reply, as I said not a show stopper so happy for a fix one day. This happened to the Game straight out of the box and it doesn't happen all the time by any means.

Another thought came to mind, I ambushed a pair of Tigers from the tree line, I could just see them - but it was obvious they couldn't see me I didn't get zapped - well on this occassion anyway! So the point I'm making is the X-ray eyes don't always work against you. It might be difficult screening the visibility function to make it 100% reliable for everyone. We've all got zapped from hidden AT guns or Tanks. My problem is that distance visibility makes it difficult to pick out detail especially if enemy is hidden behind foliage/trees. This is just a graphic function of the game and I accept it. Having said that if it's dooable to make the enemy spotting more difficult I'm all for it if it's realistic. :salute:
Thanks again Zee
Best Regards Mort

LcSummers 02-16-10 11:21 AM

Hi tankmembers

A little bit what happend to me. On friday (19.02.2010) there will be a surgical treatment but i can leave clinic/hospital the same day. (Made a false move and now my left knee is swollen.)
The first four weeks (mid march 2010) will be a problem for me because of pain and its not allowed to move out of bed. (to reach my pc)
But i try to stay in contact with you guys dont want miss to much..
Dont be angry if i cannot reply on questions help/support.

Thank you all for patience.

LC

LcSummers 02-16-10 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morttheslayer (Post 1267742)
Hi Lc came across some stuff regarding overwriting files and getting the authority to change file content in www.howtogeek.com and http://socialtechnet.microsoft.com/forums where this problem is recognised. Apologies if you've looked at this and it didn't work for you just thought that this seems to have been picked up and so must have a solution somewhere!
Sorry if I just confused issue but thought I'd pass this on for info mate.
Applies to Win 7 & Vista apparently.

Cheers ATB ort :)
PS Hope you can get a smiley when its fixed eh??- Bloody computers!!

Hello morttheslayer,

your fantastic, thank you for advise

now that you mentioned that problem it comes into my mind. You are 100% right.
I had that problem earlier, couldnt (problem remains) erase folder even with administrator rights.
Now i must search forums to solve this problem but i heard i have to format my HDD and install Win 7. This should solve my problem but to be honest like frinik, i dont want do that, i installed my os 5 weeks ago and it took me a long time to install all programms.

Thank you, i make my thoughts how to solve it but i am glad of any kind of help and solutions

LC

ZeeWolf 02-16-10 12:09 PM

I am happy to have you back LC and no need to worry Kameraden we
have you covered so-to-speak. We care for are wounded. :up:

Gods Speed
ZW

frinik 02-16-10 09:44 PM

Different folder for the game

Lc is your game ocated in C:/programs? Because I had the same issue with Vista it would not let me install mods sometimes in that folder.Disabling UAC would not always work.What i did I moved my game to another folder in teh C drive and made another copy in the D drive and now I have more problems.I can disable to UAC or not but I can install without impediment.Sometimes also the antivirus programs or firewalls are notorious:hmmm: for stopping your download or mods installs.You can always temporarily disable it.

Hope you can resolve your problem.

Cheers

LcSummers 02-17-10 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1269589)
I am happy to have you back LC and no need to worry Kameraden we
have you covered so-to-speak. We care for are wounded. :up:

Gods Speed
ZW

Thank you ZW,

I am very glad not to be forgotten. Thank you for your care.

Looking forward.

LC

LcSummers 02-17-10 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1270235)
Lc is your game ocated in C:/programs? Because I had the same issue with Vista it would not let me install mods sometimes in that folder.Disabling UAC would not always work.What i did I moved my game to another folder in teh C drive and made another copy in the D drive and now I have more problems.I can disable to UAC or not but I can install without impediment.Sometimes also the antivirus programs or firewalls are notorious:hmmm: for stopping your download or mods installs.You can always temporarily disable it.

Hope you can resolve your problem.

Cheers

Hi frinik,

my games are on the D drive (about 400GB) All my games are on D: the other programs are on C:. I can install games and mods programs ( i must refer to IL2 1946) Here the whole game is about 40GB.

I can paste mods, delete files without problems, only TvT makes error messages. I play Silent Hunter4 too with many mods, no problem, its running well.

Anti virus and firewall do not hinder my installs, temporarily i shut both off to improve performance when playing IL2.

Frinik, there are no problems with any kind of downloads, its when i want to modify only some files in TvT. Its not a whole package, these are fragments. If i install a mod or patch, TvT is running well. If i paste and modify some files. ERROR MESSAGE:timeout:

Maybe i will try to shut down uac but its strange.
Why can i modify other games without problems and why can i not modify TvT ????? (Hey Win 7 i am the ADMIN)

Thanks a lot for informations frinik

LC

frinik 02-17-10 06:35 AM

Get well Kamerade!

Lc good and speedy recovery from your swollen knee! We need you back into our Zug on time for Kursk otherwise we may have to transfer you to a disciplinary battalion driving Panzer IIs against T34/85....:D

Cheers

LcSummers 02-18-10 03:38 AM

best whishes

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1270532)
Lc good and speedy recovery from your swollen knee! We need you back into our Zug on time for Kursk otherwise we may have to transfer you to a disciplinary battalion driving Panzer IIs against T34/85....:D

Cheers

Thank you very much for wishes but putting me in a Strafbatallion with Panzer II tanks is the worst thing i can imagine.
If this happens i will desert and fight for more human rights:woot:.
or i will be promoted to Generalfeldmarschall and kick ..... Its time to command a whole Panzerabteilung.

Cheers

Generalfeldmarschall LC :salute:

woofiedog 02-18-10 09:28 PM

A couple question about the resupply mod. I've installed the mod, but how do you activate the resupply? I've searched the forum post here and read the read me text, but couldn't find an answer. Also will the resupply also work with the T-34 or is it only for the Tiger at this time? Thank's

ZeeWolf 02-18-10 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woofiedog (Post 1272883)
A couple question about the resupply mod. I've installed the mod, but how do you activate the resupply? I've searched the forum post here and read the read me text, but couldn't find an answer. Also will the resupply also work with the T-34 or is it only for the Tiger at this time? Thank's

Hi woofiedog,
Yes the both Tiger and T34 get resupplied. When within 20meters when
the "b" key is pressed you will be reloaded and damage repaired.

Best regards:salute:
ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf 02-18-10 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morttheslayer (Post 1269441)
ZeeWolf - Thanks for reply, as I said not a show stopper so happy for a fix one day. This happened to the Game straight out of the box and it doesn't happen all the time by any means.

Another thought came to mind, I ambushed a pair of Tigers from the tree line, I could just see them - but it was obvious they couldn't see me I didn't get zapped - well on this occassion anyway! So the point I'm making is the X-ray eyes don't always work against you. It might be difficult screening the visibility function to make it 100% reliable for everyone. We've all got zapped from hidden AT guns or Tanks. My problem is that distance visibility makes it difficult to pick out detail especially if enemy is hidden behind foliage/trees. This is just a graphic function of the game and I accept it. Having said that if it's dooable to make the enemy spotting more difficult I'm all for it if it's realistic. :salute:
Thanks again Zee
Best Regards Mort

Hi Mort,
The Anti-tank guns will have the advantage and the x-ray eyes.
The Red Army used zones that are set up as traps. They know
your coming and they know the terrain and their guns have
the range set, so they will get the first shoot.
A tip for you: never drive looking through the Gun scope.
If you suspect a possible hidden enemy scan with your
binoculars while stopped. If nothing detected then move
forward scanning constantly for a few meters then stop again
and repeat. Have your Gunner on auto and drive in the
commanders seat. If you draw fire the further away you are
the better if you are in the Tiger.If you are in the T34
Retreat and stay moving until you are out of danger then
go through the whole process again, now knowing where the
enemy is will give you a better chance of survival.

Good luck, :03:
ZW

PS: At Kursk the Anti-Tank guns where in groups of ten :)

woofiedog 02-19-10 02:06 AM

Thank's for the reply. :salute:

morttheslayer 02-22-10 12:04 PM

Use Commander's position for spotting

Zeewolf
Appreciate your reply.
Hope you're getting on OK and thanks for the advice. Groups of 10 AT guns in use at Kursk and a few mines as well eh!! Even the Tiger was up
against it.

This is just a general question for anyone - the Red infantry used anti tank rifles, I haven't seen much about how effective they were. I did read somewhere that to be effective they needed to be used at close range but didn't read about them being a decisive weapon in any way.

All the best Mort :up:

Chucky 02-22-10 12:23 PM

Mort,by ant-tank rifle I assume you mean something like the British Boys rifle?
http://www.turretsandtracks.co.uk/?p...nti.tank.rifle

If so I wouldn't worry about them if you are in a Tiger,but maybe a change of underwear if you were in a light tank.