SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 Problems (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248992)

KillerSpoon575 03-26-21 02:18 PM

Silent Hunter 4 Problems

I am having trouble even opening the game. I got the game on Steam, as it has always been a fascination to me as a child. I finally got it, but I am having several problems. Both 1.4 and 1.5 don't work, and I don't know why.

Edit: If you recognize me, that's because I posted to the forums yesterday about the game not working, as well.
Long story short, it worked once, then stopped working again. I can click "Play" on Steam to launch the game, but no window pops up, and trying to click "Stop" in Steam doesn't do anything. As far as I know, not even Task Manager can end the program. I moved the Steam folder out of my Programs x86 folder to try and fix the problem. It was only a temporary fix, however.

Edit 2: If anyone can help me figure out why the game isn't working for me, that would be great! I'm very new to the community, and I've always had a fascination of submarines, and I don't want some stupid technical problems stop me from living my childhood dream of playing this game.

Torpex77 03-28-21 01:02 PM

THEBERBSTER

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerSpoon575 (Post 2738851)
I am having trouble even opening the game. I got the game on Steam, as it has always been a fascination to me as a child. I finally got it, but I am having several problems. Both 1.4 and 1.5 don't work, and I don't know why.

Edit: If you recognize me, that's because I posted to the forums yesterday about the game not working, as well.
Long story short, it worked once, then stopped working again. I can click "Play" on Steam to launch the game, but no window pops up, and trying to click "Stop" in Steam doesn't do anything. As far as I know, not even Task Manager can end the program. I moved the Steam folder out of my Programs x86 folder to try and fix the problem. It was only a temporary fix, however.

Edit 2: If anyone can help me figure out why the game isn't working for me, that would be great! I'm very new to the community, and I've always had a fascination of submarines, and I don't want some stupid technical problems stop me from living my childhood dream of playing this game.

Im not the most tech savvy, just came back to Subsim about a month ago. That said....
I have SH4 installed and working on two seperate win 10 computers. One is a dell laptop.

I also followed THEBERBSTER install instructions to a T so I highly recommend that. I also downloaded the Game from Amazon through the SUBSIM link.

1- a Good clean install
2-Follow THEBERBSTERs instructions carefully.

Jeff-Groves 03-28-21 01:05 PM

A. Stop cross posting.
B. Give us some time to work the problem.