SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 04-12-10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1357412)
Well ZW, it was "No Go!" first time around with this new version of the Kursk mission.

On startup, I was getting the error report of Duplicate KurskM1Mission scripts. I looked everywhere through the Mission scripts, thought there was 2 KurskM1 Mission scripts in there somewhere, but only saw the one in the Customs Mission folder. But something didn't look right in that folder either. After looking at so many different mission folders, I noticed that the Kursk Mission folder had one extra file in it.

It is called MissionBase script, or something like that. I opened with Wordpad, and compared it to the KurskM1 Mission script, and saw the offending duplicate lines. They are something like Kursk M1 text, Kursk M1 briefing, and so on.

I took a guess, and removed the Mission Base script, but did not delete it, just incase I had a wrong guess,lol Sure enough, the mission started, so I exited from the sim to come here and let you know what I found.

Of the 2 emails you sent, I installed the mission from the second one, I believe that's how you wanted us to do it? Just one other thought, I took a quick look around when the mission started, and noticed a whole lot of other tanks are not there for the intial thrust at the Russian lines. Where did they go!?! I feel so alone out there now!:haha:

Good find eddie, but because nobody has the Kursk mission 1 except you
beta testers I forgot to mention it. But you are right on target so delete
that file. Normally I would want you beta testers to delete the whole Kursk
mission 1 folder. I have just finished fixing the end of mission code for Kursk mission 1. So give me 20min. and then download the same file again same
pw. The .exe will say v2 at the end of it and then delete or install over the
last Kursk mission 1.

20 minutes then download :up: (it's 4:00PM PST here now)

ZW:salute:

ZeeWolf 04-12-10 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indebin (Post 1357349)
ZW
I have now tried 5 times to install Kursk mission 1. After it is installed TvsT CTD on any mission at the start of the mission loading bar with the error I reported before. It runs perfectly with only the 275 mg pre-Kursk file installed. :damn:

Hi indebin
eddie found the culprit you should deletethe Kurskmission folder then re-install Kursk mission 1 again

Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\Missions\CustomMissions\Kur skMission

And before you do that download the Kursk mission 1 file again and use
that one it will have v2 at the end of the .exe file.

Keep up the good work indebin we're almost there!

eddie 04-12-10 09:52 PM

ZW, everything is running fine here! Thanks for the new file BTW! FR are higher, starting around 4 and moving up to around 8 or 9 at times, but still going to need around 3 GHz machine to run it at higher settings. Of course lower settings will help with machines that don't have that range of power.

ZeeWolf 04-12-10 10:56 PM

Thanks eddie, did you finish the mission successfully?

The power issue is I think an issue that is here to stay with TvsT

ZW

eddie 04-12-10 11:30 PM

Sorry ZW, couldn't finish the mission today, got caught up by things here at home. I was having fun exchanging some long range fire with the Russians, and was getting in my licks against them. Finally coming to terms with the optics, so picking them off from a great distance is becoming sort of fun!

Have to get back to it on Tuesday, first have to go to work, then take my Dad to see his Doctor, so won't be back at it until Tuesday evening. Will do my best to blast my way through the Russian guns, no more Mr. Nice Guy!!:D Then on to the village, hopefully I'll have some Russian soldiers try and out run me, like in the first mission! They run pretty good on foot, just not fast enough, and I hate to use too much ammo on them, the tracks should do just fine~:rock:

oilman 04-13-10 12:29 AM

This may have already been adressed in your mod Zee, But I'm not happy with how when one bounces back and forth between gunner and comander the view mode is not as one left it. When I switch to comander its always in Binoculars rather than F1 view. Gunner is always (usualy?) in cockpit view rather than where I was, gunsite view. Arrgg.

I made a donation tonight. So I guess I will be finding out first hand.

I hope the AI xray vision has been addressed.

ZeeWolf 04-13-10 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1357657)
Sorry ZW, couldn't finish the mission today, got caught up by things here at home. I was having fun exchanging some long range fire with the Russians, and was getting in my licks against them. Finally coming to terms with the optics, so picking them off from a great distance is becoming sort of fun!

Have to get back to it on Tuesday, first have to go to work, then take my Dad to see his Doctor, so won't be back at it until Tuesday evening. Will do my best to blast my way through the Russian guns, no more Mr. Nice Guy!!:D Then on to the village, hopefully I'll have some Russian soldiers try and out run me, like in the first mission! They run pretty good on foot, just not fast enough, and I hate to use too much ammo on them, the tracks should do just fine~:rock:

I understand Kamerad save your ammo but kill those mortars with the HE
rounds. You are the only one that can see them the other Tigers can't
The mortars will take out more of are Kameraden then anything else so
get them fast. then move to the center of the Village C as fast as you
can. Let the other Tigers do the shooting. YOUR mission is to kill the mortars and move to the center of that village. :salute:

Vor!

ZW

ZeeWolf 04-13-10 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilman (Post 1357684)
This may have already been adressed in your mod Zee, But I'm not happy with how when one bounces back and forth between gunner and comander the view mode is not as one left it. When I switch to comander its always in Binoculars rather than F1 view. Gunner is always (usualy?) in cockpit view rather than where I was, gunsite view. Arrgg.

I made a donation tonight. So I guess I will be finding out first hand.

I hope the AI xray vision has been addressed.

Hi oilman,
You must be talking about the T34, is that right?
Let me send you the Project ZW new member message and get you going
with the latest upgrades.

To the front Kamerad! :salute:

ZW

frinik 04-13-10 02:12 AM

XRay-ted

Don't worry Oilman Mr. Zee has taken care of the XRay :ovision for the AI.It's no longer a concern and great news!

Cheers

indebin 04-13-10 05:58 AM

ZW
All ok now, installed without problems. Kursk mission starts at 7fps drops to 4 fps but not very often, at times gets to 10 fps. It is running at 1920x1080 on a Samsung SyncMaster P2370. Now very playable, well done.:salute:

LcSummers 04-13-10 10:01 AM

Mission

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1357102)

The damage model and destroy 3dmodels that are in the default models are
not ready (yet) for the custom models. That is a part of the continuing work.
The objects in the air you see is a PC power issue CPU can not keep up with the physics model.:timeout:
Did you complete the mission by driving your Tiger through the village?

Hi ZW,

not really driving through the village. I saw that yellow waypoint but decided to follow my plattoon which were driving uphill.

So i am trying now to drive through the village, thanks for this information.

The objects in the air you see is a PC power issue CPU can not keep up with the physics model.:timeout:
This was a kind of Tiger anthill and those Tigers were driving into each other and then flew away.

LC

ZeeWolf 04-13-10 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indebin (Post 1357866)
ZW
All ok now, installed without problems. Kursk mission starts at 7fps drops to 4 fps but not very often, at times gets to 10 fps. It is running at 1920x1080 on a Samsung SyncMaster P2370. Now very playable, well done.:salute:

Thanks indebin well done Kamerad!

LcSummers 04-13-10 11:38 AM

ZW,

i now followed your orders and drove through village. Mission complete

One russian artillery was flying through scene, eventuelly exploded.

Saw 3 Tiger tanks with broken tracks but driving around.

FPS was by heavy artillery (very heavy) about 5.1-5.3.

One question (my opinion): I think less artillery is better, therefore more tanks. (or are these movable objects lowering fps too much and static objects like artillery not?)

LC :D

PS: E-mail recieved, mod installed, no problems.

ZeeWolf 04-13-10 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1358082)
This was a kind of Tiger anthill and those Tigers were driving into each other and then flew away.

LC

Hi LC,
The Tiger ant hill was addressed in the v2.exe Kursk update. :yep:
The physics code will always be an issue of CPU speed/power though.
So, the conclusion is now really plain to see what is necessary to maintain
playabilty for the large, heavy populated future missions.

Well done Kamerad :up:

ZW

LcSummers 04-13-10 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1358185)
Hi LC,
The Tiger ant hill was addressed in the v2.exe Kursk update. :yep:
The physics code will always be an issue of CPU speed/power though.
So, the conclusion is now really plain to see what is necessary to maintain
playabilty for the large, heavy populated future missions.

Well done Kamerad :up:

ZW

Played v2.exe Kursk update. Report above. No anthill, tanks are driving normally.

Thank you ZW

LC

ZeeWolf 04-13-10 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1358179)
ZW,

i now followed your orders and drove through village. Mission complete

One russian artillery was flying through scene, eventuelly exploded.

Saw 3 Tiger tanks with broken tracks but driving around.

FPS was by heavy artillery (very heavy) about 5.1-5.3.

One question (my opinion): I think less artillery is better, therefore more tanks. (or are these movable objects lowering fps too much and static objects like artillery not?)

LC :D

PS: E-mail recieved, mod installed, no problems.

Good idea LC I will keep the artillery to a minimum for future missions
and the Tigers moving while tracks are broken can be fixed in the unit
file (easy).

Ok I think we have made good progress :up:

ZW

Wilcke 04-13-10 12:03 PM

What are you using for ingame FPS counters, FRAPS or is there an ingame key stroke?

Thank you!

ZeeWolf 04-13-10 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilcke (Post 1358206)
What are you using for ingame FPS counters, FRAPS or is there an ingame key stroke?

Thank you!

Hi Wilcke,
The ingame key is F9!

Do you recommend Fraps?

ZW

BlueMind 04-13-10 03:34 PM

Ok, here is my first impression about the mod.

When I tested a normal German mission, I was very surprised by the graphic quality. It's a new game !!! The landscapes appear much more realistic. The skin of the Tiger is wonderfull too...
In one word (or in one smilie) : :yeah:

However, I have 2 strange issues (sorry if this already been discussed before but I've find nothing about that... too much replies) :

1. The binocular view is very little now (see screens below).

Original game binocular view :
http://www.vhpcomputer.ch.ma/project...r_original.jpg

Project Zeewolf view :
http://www.vhpcomputer.ch.ma/project...ar_ZeeWolf.jpg

2. The sight range isn't correct (I need to adjust it at the half of the distance given by the commander or estimated by the triangles).

Original game setting at 1'400 meters :
http://www.vhpcomputer.ch.ma/project...t_original.jpg

Project Zeewolf setting at 700 meters :
http://www.vhpcomputer.ch.ma/project...ht_ZeeWolf.jpg

Except that, it's a really good job !

I haven't noticed any FPS loss (tested with fraps). I haven't tried the Kursk mission yet, but I will post my impressions after I played it.

PS: our comrades are really good now (a little too much IMO). I tested the 5th german mission and in the original game, I need to kill almost all the enemy tanks. Yet, I juste killed 4 or 5 and the other was killed by my teammates. The mission was finished in 5 minutes and we lost only one Stug. In the original game, that take betwen 10 to 15 minutes and often, I'm the only survivor !

ZeeWolf 04-13-10 05:16 PM

BlueMind between you and indebin's report I just order a large Jalaenio Pizzia. :DL :woot:

Well done Kamerad :salute:

ZW

PS: I could put the Gun site back to stock if you want me to :yep: