SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Acquiring torpedo firing data (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225680)

Cristo Guerillero 04-18-16 03:29 AM

Acquiring torpedo firing data

Hello fellow kaleuns!

I'm a new kaleun , and i'm trying to do the things right from start. I use TWOS with 100% realism.
However i have difficulties when i'm trying to engage and acquire firing data, specially on fast moving ships.
I would like to know the methods of the more experienced tonnage kings, and not only how you acquire data (RAOFB, plot, etc) , but also how close you approach before firing (day and night), if it is possible a night surface attack, and any other advice that you deem appropriate.
Thank you in advance.

THEBERBSTER 04-18-16 03:52 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Cristo Guerillero
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE <<
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)

Post #22 4 Bearing Method By Kuikueg + Video Links
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos
Post #59 Convoy Hunting For Ships In The Same Row By Stoianm
Post #60 Convoy Hunting For Ships In The Same Column By Stoianm
Post #108 U-Jagd Tutorial For Silent Hunter 5
Post #160 Using The RAOBF Wheel In Silent Hunter 5

YouTube video's are a good source of learning real navigation and how to attack targets.

Aktungbby 04-18-16 11:22 AM

Welcome aboard!

Cristo Guerillero!:Kaleun_Salute:

Cthulhus 04-18-16 02:50 PM

Willkommen herr kaleun ! Have fun with that amazing community !
:subsim:

Jimbuna 04-19-16 05:40 AM

Welcome Aboard Cristo :salute:

Cristo Guerillero 04-25-16 04:46 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Can you share with me what methods you personally use to find AOB, speed and range of your targets?

Jimbuna 04-25-16 09:14 AM

I always use my own judgement and reckoning. To begin with it was quite annoying how often I missed, even at short distances but practice eventually improves your aim.

KirinFrost 05-05-16 05:52 PM

Alternatively you can just screw it like me and fire at point blank range (400m or so)

I always hit with this method - only downsight is that you must always attack at night unless u have map contact update on - that way you can see the enemy LOS :p

Have like a few millions tons of shipping sunk so far lol. But its also because the game just keeps spawning more new ships without regards to historical numbers and production :P

Using OHII as well.

palmic 05-06-16 02:18 AM

Welcome Cristo, good luck and learn as much as you can, THEBERBSTER is great source of knowledge what you'll need, alternatively you can look here for tutorials threads, there is a lot of information :salute: