SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]Visual and Hydrophone detection issue: a new workaround (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=107989)

Rubini 03-31-07 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gedscho
tried the mod today, and i collided with something while on 1024 TC. second collision sunk me. ofcourse i couldnt do anything to prevent it.

strange thing is, i really dont know what happened. was running surfaced and course was fine too.

if i understand this mod correctly, it only adjusts some variables for sensor behaviour...so i would say it shouldnt be the mods fault, but it sure was strange.... :hmm:

Well, the mod isn't absolute, SH3 always put some random error on the results, what I think is good.
But, are you sure that you installed it correctly?
Probably you collided with a mine or a subnet. Do you saw on what you collided?:hmm:

Rubini 03-31-07 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laffertytig
i have to say i much prefer using 16km visibility. im just about to start a gmx patrol so how far of from a 16km version of this mod are we and when its released can it be added mid patrol?

Yes, it can be enabled middle patrol...but I don't have a prevision to 16km yet. And I don't know if I will release one anyway.
Thanks for the interest!;)

Laffertytig 03-31-07 12:45 PM

i aint a modder but wouldnt it just be a case of doubling whatever values u have with 8km for 16km?

Kar 03-31-07 01:07 PM

Can you make only hidrophone mod for 16km gwx ?

Rubini 03-31-07 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar

The hydrophone and airplane section of the mod will be the same that are in the 8km version (99% sure).

In 16 km mod sometimes your game only stop from a TC with airplanes over you?:hmm:

Henri II 03-31-07 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubini
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar

The hydrophone and airplane section of the mod will be the same that are in the 8km version (99% sure).

In 16 km mod sometimes your game only stop from a TC with airplanes over you?:hmm:

Is that an actual question? I usually don't go above 128x in AC patroled areas, and so far I never had an AC attack where I could not crash dive away safely. Sometimes I even take the time to decide if I should dive or fight it out.

Rubini 03-31-07 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henri II
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar

Is that an actual question? I usually don't go above 128x in AC patroled areas, and so far I never had an AC attack where I could not crash dive away safely. Sometimes I even take the time to decide if I should dive or fight it out.

Hummm...but you have RWR enable, no? I'm refering to crew visual detection only..this normally on stock and big mods in general only occurs over you head even in low TC...:hmm:

With RWR enable even without the Stay Alert crew this isnīt a problem. This mod only refers to visual and hydrophone.;)

Henri II 03-31-07 02:08 PM

Nope, no RWR. Usually I sail around early in the war, when hardly anyone has radar. With a watch officer and a pettyofficer with watch quallification I'm hardly ever surprised by anything. Planes are usually spotted well before I can see them with binocculars.

Rubini 03-31-07 07:55 PM

Quote:

Nope, no RWR. Usually I sail around early in the war, when hardly anyone has radar. With a watch officer and a pettyofficer with watch quallification I'm hardly ever surprised by anything. Planes are usually spotted well before I can see them with binocculars.

Thatīs better then! Seems that 16km version will not need the airplane fix section.
GWX settings are really better for 16km than 8km for visual purposes. The LRG mod push it in this direction.;)

Venatore 03-31-07 10:11 PM

Thankyou

Quote:

Update Released!
March 29, 2007
"Stay Alert - crew fix" mod for GWX and Stock game version 1.c
This is a 8km version only.
This version have the new fix for the visual airplanes detection.
================================================== ==================
Here the link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/23281282...ix_v1c.7z.html

Thankyou very much for your hard work in researching and making this into a mod.

Samwolf 04-01-07 07:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar

Hummm...but you have RWR enable, no? I'm refering to crew visual detection only..this normally on stock and big mods in general only occurs over you head even in low TC...:hmm:

With RWR enable even without the Stay Alert crew this isnīt a problem. This mod only refers to visual and hydrophone.;)

I play early war with no RWR and use 64 TC in aircraft patroled areas. I almost always have time to crash dive. I'm using the 16km mod .

Rubini 04-01-07 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwolf
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar

I play early war with no RWR and use 64 TC in aircraft patroled areas. I almost always have time to crash dive. I'm using the 16km mod .

Yes, the aircraft fix will be not necessary for 16km. The Hydrophone is already done. We just need more reports about the visual section and the mod could then finally arrive.

Capt.Crackerjack 04-01-07 11:52 AM

Great Mod! Well Done!

Excellent mod, Rubini!:up:

I have two versions loaded into my JSGME (39-41 Jungman and 42-45 standard) so that a simple selection covers the entire war in a much more realistic manner.:yep:

Thanks so much for your fine efforts!

Laffertytig 04-01-07 12:01 PM

ok heres a question then. im to attached to the 16km mod to ditch it but the hydrophone changes interest me. in gwx the AI sonar man can only hear up roughly 17km away correct? it gets really tediuos to man the sonar station every few hours so is it possible to just implement your hydrophone changes until u make this mod 16km friendly?

if it is possible i assume i could add the changes during a patrol simply by rolling back sub commander?

thanx in advance

Rubini 04-01-07 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laffertytig
ok heres a question then. im to attached to the 16km mod to ditch it but the hydrophone changes interest me. in gwx the AI sonar man can only hear up roughly 17km away correct? it gets really tediuos to man the sonar station every few hours so is it possible to just implement your hydrophone changes until u make this mod 16km friendly?

if it is possible i assume i could add the changes during a patrol simply by rolling back sub commander?

thanx in advance

Yes and yes.

Probably tomorrow I will release only the hydrophones section for 16km, ok?;)