SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

midnightcrisis 02-22-21 01:06 PM

It seems, that U-Boat ranges are 50% higher?:hmmm:

Mad Mardigan 02-22-21 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightcrisis (Post 2731894)
It seems, that U-Boat ranges are 50% higher?:hmmm:

1 thing to understand.. the world, as you see it in game, is NOT the same exactly, as is in real time or real life. :yep:

So, taking that into account, it usually takes more distance to get from point A to point B, in game.. so to compensate for that, subs ranges.. as you pointed out here... are more than what it would be in real life.

It is owing to what I have outlined, which has been done by others here on subsim... numerous times, to be frank about it.

in doing this, is a working trade off to compensate for the real world limitations in game.

There's only so much that a 3d engine, can be pushed to go before it fails utterly & completely...

As it is understood by Me, from what I have read...

Hopefully, this info has helped... :shucks:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Kumando 02-22-21 02:30 PM

Merchants move very fast in this mod is it historically accurate?

midnightcrisis 02-22-21 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2731925)
1 thing to understand.. the world, as you see it in game, is NOT the same exactly, as is in real time or real life. :yep:

So, taking that into account, it usually takes more distance to get from point A to point B, in game.. so to compensate for that, subs ranges.. as you pointed out here... are more than what it would be in real life.

It is owing to what I have outlined, which has been done by others here on subsim... numerous times, to be frank about it.

in doing this, is a working trade off to compensate for the real world limitations in game.

There's only so much that a 3d engine, can be pushed to go before it fails utterly & completely...

As it is understood by Me, from what I have read...

Hopefully, this info has helped... :shucks:

M. M.

With other words: a bigger world. Ok, that helps:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Cheers:

Onealex 02-22-21 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2731935)
Merchants move very fast in this mod is it historically accurate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ON_convoys
Due to storm conditions the speed of convoys is reduced to 5-7 knots. In other cases there are convoys with speed 9-11 knots

Belmondo 02-22-21 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2731947)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ON_convoys
Due to storm conditions the speed of convoys is reduced to 5-7 knots. In other cases there are convoys with speed 9-11 knots

I have a question about the amount of depth bombs on destroyers, after the last attack on the convoy, I was cornered by three destroyers, 130 bombs were dropped on me, is that ok

Onealex 02-23-21 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belmondo (Post 2731953)
I have a question about the amount of depth bombs on destroyers, after the last attack on the convoy, I was cornered by three destroyers, 130 bombs were dropped on me, is that ok

Too little or too much in your opinion? I think that there are some inconsistencies. I have to think how I can fix them...

Kumando 02-23-21 04:31 AM

OneAlex 3 questions, you have the bad weather fix in the options selector turned off by default, is it because your ships already go slow in storms right? And you also have the turm and diesel damage fix off by default is it also conflicting with your mods? Cheers.

Onealex 02-23-21 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2732045)
OneAlex 3 questions, you have the bad weather fix in the options selector turned off by default, is it because your ships already go slow in storms right? And you also have the turm and diesel damage fix off by default is it also conflicting with your mods? Cheers.

1 No. It is needed for weather transitions (the bad weather fix should be off)
2 Yes
3 I think that Diesel Damage fix is not realistic feature (the U-boat should run on flank speed few hours but not only 10 minutes)

Kumando 02-23-21 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2732047)
1 No. It is needed for weather transitions (the bad weather fix should be off)
2 Yes
3 I think that Diesel Damage fix is not realistic feature (the U-boat should run on flank speed few hours but not only 10 minutes)

John Pancoast 02-23-21 09:37 AM

Fwiw, I highly recommend using the diesel damage fix. The engines are unrealistically much to reliable without it.

Kumando 02-23-21 10:13 AM

My windows antivirus just erased sh3 as a virus... Happened to anyone?

Onealex 02-23-21 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2732116)
My windows antivirus just erased sh3 as a virus... Happened to anyone?

Yes )

Kumando 02-23-21 10:41 AM

Another issue the DF antennas are not rotating, will you fix it?

Onealex 02-23-21 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2732125)
Another issue the DF antennas are not rotating, will you fix it?

That's not a bug. It rotates rarely.

Onealex 02-23-21 01:17 PM

Depth charges quantity and shells quantity of u-boat guns were corrected to +/- historical values. The main link has been updated...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nph...ew?usp=sharing

Kumando 02-23-21 02:51 PM

OneAlex since you like realism why don't you play with real navigation? I do

Onealex 02-23-21 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2732175)
OneAlex since you like realism why don't you play with real navigation? I do

I have no answer :D

Kumando 02-23-21 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2732177)
I have no answer :D

Its easy i just use a tga to hide the sub icon, then with ctrl click i can fix the position when the weather is good, when its not a use the same method but i zoom out an draw a mark with the compass with a area to simulate the dead reckoning error, its really nice :Kaleun_Salute:

Mister_M 02-23-21 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2732179)
Its easy i just use a tga to hide the sub icon, then with ctrl click i can fix the position when the weather is good, when its not a use the same method but i zoom out an draw a mark with the compass with a area to simulate the dead reckoning error, its really nice :Kaleun_Salute:

What does happen when hitting "ctrl click" ? Is it a mod ?