SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093)

Sonarman 05-03-10 12:25 PM

I tried to catch you in time but ... you just work too fast these days!!! "Extreme Speed Ahead".:D

TheDarkWraith 05-03-10 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonarman (Post 1381113)
I tried to catch you in time but ... you just work too fast these days!!! "Extreme Speed Ahead".:D

I still can't capture the mousewheel...script manager only allows mousewheel capture on 3D objects....have to use keys to control rotation. I'm thinking same keys used for heading bar....

Sonarman 05-03-10 12:38 PM

can't we just click and drag the outer ring to rotate it?

TheDarkWraith 05-03-10 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonarman (Post 1381121)
can't we just click and drag the outer ring to rotate it?

I haven't figured out how to capture that event yet :damn:

But the code has been added to make it rotate and it does. Uses the same keys as the heading bar:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=1984

Sonarman 05-03-10 12:51 PM

Amazing, I forsee a lot of wizz-wheel/is-was requests coming up for you soon!

TheDarkWraith 05-03-10 01:06 PM

redid the graphics for the compass and outer ring so that the inner part rotates:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=1985

I just ran out of pictures :o Time to ask Neal for more storage room :D

Both the north up and south up have rotatable outer rings.

@ Sonarman - I'll send you a copy of v2.1.0 as it stand now with this feature if you do a tutorial on what this is used for and how to use it. Sound fair?

Pressing the keys used for the heading bar results in 0.5 degree changes. If you press shift with the keys you get 5 degree changes.

Now should I make the two draggable compasses slaved to each other? If you drag one the other follows? Then when you click on the draggable compass it switches to the other one?

Sonarman 05-03-10 01:27 PM

@ Sonarman - I'll send you a copy of v2.1.0 as it stand now with this feature if you do a tutorial on what this is used for and how to use it. Sound fair?

Yes, that sounds fine, most of the guys here will know what it's for but for newbs it might be nice to have a quick tutorial.(although at your current speed it will be out of date in ten minutes time!)

Pressing the keys used for the heading bar results in 0.5 degree changes. If you press shift with the keys you get 5 degree changes.

Maybe 1 degree increments would be better than .5 as you never need that much accuracy.

Now should I make the two draggable compasses slaved to each other? If you drag one the other follows? Then when you click on the draggable compass it switches to the other one?

Probably best, if they are slaved and appear to the eye to be one compass.

TheDarkWraith 05-03-10 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonarman (Post 1381159)

Yes, that sounds fine, most of the guys here will know what it's for but for newbs it might be nice to have a quick tutorial.(although at your current speed it will be out of date in ten minutes time!)

Maybe 1 degree increments would be better than .5 as you never need that much accuracy.

Probably best, if they are slaved and appear to the eye to be one compass.

ok then I'll slave the south up to the north up. I'll make it also that when you click in the middle of the draggable compass it switches to the other compass. I'll make the small increase 1.0 degrees.

Sonarman 05-03-10 01:33 PM

sounds great:up:

ReallyDedPoet 05-03-10 01:38 PM

DW can you mod in a button that prevents my wife from kicking my ass for playing SH5 too much :oops::dead::dead:
as a result of mods like this one.

Back on topic :)

TheDarkWraith 05-03-10 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet (Post 1381167)
DW can you mod in a button that prevents my wife from kicking my ass for playing SH5 too much :oops::dead::dead:
as a result of mods like this one.

Back on topic :)

I need that same button for my girlfriend......she's starting to get really upset with the amount of time I'm spending on the computer lately......I told her it's a hobby......didn't fly :shifty:

Sonarman 05-03-10 01:52 PM

My girlfriend is away this week, but my dog sits and stares across the room at me with his big brown eyes saying "isn't it time we went for a walk yet dad!!"

SeaWolf U-57 05-03-10 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1381173)
I need that same button for my girlfriend......she's starting to get really upset with the amount of time I'm spending on the computer lately......I told her it's a hobby......didn't fly :shifty:

How about using "I am Aiding the less fortunate all over the world" :har:

ReallyDedPoet 05-03-10 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1381173)

Reminded me of this a bit :D, the first part.

Here

TheDarkWraith 05-03-10 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet (Post 1381182)
Reminded me of this a bit :D, the first part.

Here

hmm...i've never done that to her.....(she asks question and I'm totally not listening as I'm coding some new feature)...Sure, sounds great.....she gets really upset because my answer doesn't make sense to the question she asked :haha: I keep telling her not to bug me when I'm working......

EDIT:

changes made. draggable compass south up is slaved to north up. Rotation without shift key is 1.0 degrees, with shift key is 5 degrees. Unable to add click to center to change state due to draggable control being there (you can still use the map tool I provided for this).