SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Dangerous Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   I can't figure it out.... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=246823)

easy 09-25-20 10:44 AM

I can't figure it out....

Hi All...

I'm new to Dangerous Waters....

I installed DW from Steam on my d:-drive, it's now 1.04 and start experiencing DW. I found and downloaded DWX1.5, I cant found the latest download Reinforced Alert.

Five Questions:

Do I need DWX1.5 and/or Reinforced Alert????
What is DWX1.5 and what is Reinforced Alert???
Where to download the latest RA?

Thank You,
easy :)

ET2SN 09-25-20 01:50 PM

Hold off on modding DW until you have the basic gameplay figured out. Play some missions and maybe the full campaign before you start making changes or it will be like drinking from a fully charged fire hose. :up:

I'm trying to remember DWX, as I recall it wasn't the most stable mod.

Before you go full-bore with RA, make sure the basic game is almost boring, there's a lot to learn with the different platforms and their sensors and tactics.
RA is good at what it is, but what it is might be something you might not want. You can download the LWAMI mod (ver. 3.08, 3.10 or 3.11)* from this site and try it out, but the same caution applies, make sure you have the basic game figured out first or else any of the mods will be a very frustrating experience. :up:

*- The LWAMI mods are stand-alone versions of DW that alter some aspects of game play, mostly with the attack subs. LWAMI 3.08 and 3.10 are good intros to what LWAMI does to the basic game while LWAMI 3.11 builds on the older versions with more available Navies and ship classes to play against.

p7p8 09-26-20 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easy (Post 2697293)
Hi All...

I'm new to Dangerous Waters....

I installed DW from Steam on my d:-drive, it's now 1.04 and start experiencing DW. I found and downloaded DWX1.5, I cant found the latest download Reinforced Alert.

Five Questions:

Do I need DWX1.5 and/or Reinforced Alert????
What is DWX1.5 and what is Reinforced Alert???
Where to download the latest RA?

Thank You,
easy :)

DWX is basicly former name of Reinforce Alert mod

Link to my copy

RA 1.50 is released for now as BETA version - still with some bugs. Fixed RA 1.50 will be final version.

Click on my signature if you wanna join to active DW multiplayer community. There is link to RA mod and fix_03.
We play DW almost every Fridays and Saturdays (sometimes other days too).

Video form yesterday battle:

https://youtu.be/e0qJ68s2__I

p7p8 09-26-20 03:18 AM

doubled post - please to delete

Pirate 09-27-20 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p7p8 (Post 2697423)
RA 1.50 is released for now as BETA version - still with some bugs. Fixed RA 1.50 will be final version.

Hi Pepe, what are you saying exactly here?
Does that mean there will not be a version 1.51, 1.52 ... of RA in the future?

p7p8 09-27-20 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate (Post 2697682)
Does that mean there will not be a version 1.51, 1.52 ... of RA in the future?

Exactly.

Of course final decision belongs to Crazy Ivan and RA team. But in my opinion its ok. We have good mod and we should play it instead asking "what will be added in next version" :D

easy 09-27-20 01:39 PM

Thank you very much for your advice.
I will play for the next year or so, vanilla!

easy

Pirate 09-27-20 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p7p8 (Post 2697746)
But in my opinion its ok. We have good mod and we should play it instead asking "what will be added in next version" :D

Agreed.
Maybe small, bug fixing only, patches after that.

In my opinion, RA has been Feature Complete for quite some time now.
Every time they add new features, they also add complexity and most likely new bugs too!
That's just the nature of software.