SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Ironclads (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=282)
-   -   Totem Games « Ironclads: American Civil War ». (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=137717)

Maxim 06-03-08 01:37 AM

Totem Games « Ironclads: American Civil War ».

Hello!

My name is Maxim Ferapontov and I the project head of naval TBS « Ironclads: American Civil War » (studio Totem Games).
I would like to thank all people from this remarkable forum which have responded to our request for the help. Turret ironrams of a class « North Carolina » are recreated in our game under the descriptions sent by you and figures. As in a reality the Confederation did not have these ships we have made some changes of appearance. Thus the unique shape and the main characteristics of these ships are kept. I hope, that soon you will see this ship on a site Subsim.com

Also I would like to pay attention to updating of our site www.totemgames.ru

Screenshots, the brief description of key features and the new art …

Yours faithfully.

PeriscopeDepth 06-05-08 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typical Russian
Hello!

My name is Maxim Ferapontov and I the project head of naval TBS « Ironclads: American Civil War » (studio Totem Games).
I would like to thank all people from this remarkable forum which have responded to our request for the help. Turret ironrams of a class « North Carolina » are recreated in our game under the descriptions sent by you and figures. As in a reality the Confederation did not have these ships we have made some changes of appearance. Thus the unique shape and the main characteristics of these ships are kept. I hope, that soon you will see this ship on a site Subsim.com

Also I would like to pay attention to updating of our site www.totemgames.ru

Screenshots, the brief description of key features and the new art …

Yours faithfully.

Thanks Max! I am glad there are still people out there making games from this era of Naval history!

PD

GlobalExplorer 06-06-08 10:48 AM

Interesting game. I will follow it's progress, as this is a period that interests me, and the game strives to be realistic, which is also good.

Am I right that it will be mission based, so there will be no campaign? I must point out that this will probably limit enthusiasm in the market that subsim represents. SHIII was a huge success here because of its dynamic campaign.

I also recommend you consider translation of the website by a native speaker. At the moment it is mostly unintelligible, an often lamented problem with East European developers. You have still time to do this, but I warn you that a lot of people will make conclusions about the quality of in-game descriptions, and avoid the game based on previous experience.

This negativity is only meant to warn you about some common pitfalls, based on experience with other Russian developers, and I hope you make good progress with your game!

Onkel Neal 06-14-08 08:09 AM

Two new wallpapers from Totem Games just arrived, custom made for SUBSIM members. Check the Subsim.com main page for details.

best
Neal

Randomizer 07-07-08 08:41 PM

<Bump>
Am giving serious thought to buying this when released. Any idea's if SUBSIM.com going to benefit from those who will purchase it online?

Good Hunting

SUBMAN1 07-07-08 09:05 PM

This actually interests me. I would like to dual the Monitor vs the Virginia! I wonder if one could sink the other if given more time?

-S

Captain Vlad 07-07-08 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUBMAN1
This actually interests me. I would like to dual the Monitor vs the Virginia! I wonder if one could sink the other if given more time?

Or if Monitor using a full charge in her guns would've been as telling as the designer insisted.