SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Dangerous Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Reinforce Alert Mod Review + Beginner Guide (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247297)

p7p8 11-24-20 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rentacow (Post 2708928)
Recently some folks have reported issues with RA 1.50 beta when installed to a drive letter other than C:\

I never installed DW on C: (OS partition) and i never had any problems. Most of problems is caused by not following installation guide.
Most important:

- Reinforce Alert is NOT upgradable mod -

Every new release needs clean DW 1.04!!!

rentacow 11-24-20 04:22 PM

I agree pepe.

Now that more trouble shooting has been done, I'm convinced that left over files are the cause of the reports.

I couldn't be sure before, but Newinger's issues were almost certainly caused by leftover files, in this case.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Newinger 11-24-20 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rentacow (Post 2709102)
I agree pepe.
I couldn't be sure before, but Newinger's issues were almost certainly caused by leftover files, in this case.

I made extra sure that I de-installed DW and re-installed it before trying to install RA 1.5 :)

jlmr1988 02-24-21 01:56 PM

the training mission with the Bear in which you need to refuel. HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT ?! i mean, what im pretended to do is straightforward. But the execution is horrible since with everything i do my speed jumps up 15-25kts (its hard enough to make it fly 155 which is required).

I ****ing love the creator for puting "download fuel" or something in the description of the mission xD

But at crashes of the game. Fixed the RA & LwAmi mod with FPSchazly video, but sometimes my game does crash on custom scenarios and i need to restart my computer in order to start the game again. If I open it, I see something loading and then nothing... (until i restart PC).

JamesT73J 04-15-21 10:37 AM

I have constant CTDs on the the torpedo screen (F6) especially when selecting torpedoes on the tactical map. Also changing between the tube management screen and the tactical screen causes it.

emilywife 12-17-21 12:17 AM

cant install voice pack

Downloaded Russian vocice pack and followed the included instructions.
The command window opening up on running the .bat says that agg.exe is not found and no files are copied.

Krieg Francis 09-30-23 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilywife (Post 2783332)
Downloaded Russian vocice pack and followed the included instructions.
The command window opening up on running the .bat says that agg.exe is not found and no files are copied.

Same issue here. Something in the batch code prevents the use of wildcards and generic values for folders and file names.

I have created a topic in DW general discussions about this.