SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Creating Heavy Weather (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=249859)

l02turner 07-01-21 09:57 AM

Creating Heavy Weather

Ahoy Mates!
I'd like to increase the severity of the waves, swells and rain if possible. I have found some commands that list Precip, etc but I'm not sure what the values of 0, etc. mean. I assume the numbers increase in value by 1 up to 5 or so, which I also assume changes the severity. I'd like to know what changing the values will do. I'm not sure I'm ready for a hurricane ;-), but I'd like to get some missions with large swells and heavy rain. I found some mis files in the mission folder that look like they'll give me the desired effect. Precip, wind, etc., I know I can do a trial & error experimentation but some guidance would be helpful.
TIA

Bubblehead1980 07-02-21 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l02turner (Post 2755588)
Ahoy Mates!
I'd like to increase the severity of the waves, swells and rain if possible. I have found some commands that list Precip, etc but I'm not sure what the values of 0, etc. mean. I assume the numbers increase in value by 1 up to 5 or so, which I also assume changes the severity. I'd like to know what changing the values will do. I'm not sure I'm ready for a hurricane ;-), but I'd like to get some missions with large swells and heavy rain. I found some mis files in the mission folder that look like they'll give me the desired effect. Precip, wind, etc., I know I can do a trial & error experimentation but some guidance would be helpful.
TIA

Which file(s) are you working with?

l02turner 07-02-21 05:42 PM

Creating Heavy Weather

Thanks for replying. I was looking at the .mis files that appear in each Mission. There are line items for Precip, clouds, weather and more. Is there a better place? I assume this provides the ability to control the variables in each mission using unique settings.

Bubblehead1980 07-02-21 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l02turner (Post 2755785)
Thanks for replying. I was looking at the .mis files that appear in each Mission. There are line items for Precip, clouds, weather and more. Is there a better place? I assume this provides the ability to control the variables in each mission using unique settings.

So from I have gathered through testing the .mis files in the patrol objectives folder (data/campaign/patrol objectives control the weather in campaign depending on which one loads up and are assigned. While have not set default weather to poor, I did change the weather intervals from 5 to 24, this seems to have brought more stable pacific like weather. When I patrol in the aleutians I plan to change the default weather in the proper files to see if can get more Aleutians like weather