SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   How do you change submarine model in Wolves Of Steel MOD? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229078)

Krieg Francis 01-02-17 02:33 PM

How do you change submarine model in Wolves Of Steel MOD?

Let me know if there is a thread already about this.

How does the sub switching work in WoS mod? Is it date related or experience related (you buy the Type VIIB & C/41 with renown points and such)?

Thanks

KF:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 01-02-17 03:32 PM

Hi KF
You start off with a VIIA although there is an additional mod that allows you to start with a VIIB, or you can add it anytime you are in the bunker.
There is a link in the TWOS Post #1 if you fancy that option.
In the normal game the change from VIIA to VIIB upgrade occurs IIRC when you have earned enough skill points due to the amount of tonnage sunk you are then offered a u-boat upgrade.
The VIIC boat is the stock boat in the 3rd Campaign Mare Nostrum.
The VIIC41 boat is the stock boat in the 10th Campaign Turning Point.
Peter

Krieg Francis 01-02-17 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2455708)
Hi KF
You start off with a VIIA although there is an additional mod that allows you to start with a VIIB, or you can add it anytime you are in the bunker.
In the normal game the change from VIIA to VIIB upgrade occurs IIRC when you have earned enough skill points due to the amount of tonnage sunk you are then offered a u-boat upgrade.
Peter

Thank you very much, that was extremely clear :)

KF

maillemaker 01-03-17 07:06 PM

Be aware that SH5 does not cleanly progress through the macro campaign objectives. That is, the major battles shown when you start a new campaign.

The game is supposed to detect when the date passes when the macro campaign objective is over, but it often does not. Even if you use the Mama fix and change the priority of osi.exe to realtime it does not always detect.

So you may end up having to manually copy files from one save into a new campaign save.

See:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=188

desepticon 04-26-18 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2455708)
Hi KF
Peter

I got the U-Flak when I started Turning Point. How do I get the VIIC/41? I actually reloaded my save and kept the VIIC because I like that better.

ZorroJusticiero 05-05-18 04:19 PM

Cambio de Submarino

se puede cambiar a VIIC en el steel wolves. entrando en Data UPc ge, borrando VIIA y escribiendo VIIC en sus correspondientes patrullas ?? Gracias. Zorro.: Kaleun_Salute:

XenonSurf 05-06-18 09:04 AM

The sub type you start with depends on the CHAPTER of the campaign. There are 2 possibilities to get the sub you want:

- You use an existing mod with TWoS (discussed above);
- You start at a specific chapter (I have made a guide about this).

drronnie 04-30-21 01:28 AM

Would the VII C - 41 mod work with Wolves of Steel?