SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 11-25-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tHeBaLrOgRoCkS (Post 1208837)
Hello again,

I see you have the Nebelwerfer working and was wondering if you have managed to make them fire rockets on a parabolic trajectory or not?

By default the game doesn't even use them properly and I have got them working but only, so far, on a line of sight basis (eg they fire if they have a straight line of sight to the target)

Did you have to completely re-write the scripts to get them to fire at longer range targets that are not actually in sight or have you used a scripted zone and timed explosions to simulate their attacks?

Obviously that would extend to your Katushka rocket launchers also and I see you have modeled their ammunition.

The other thing is that when the Nebelwerfer fires there is no built in animation to show this (The grey bits at the back of the cylinder should dissappear when they fire ) I guess you are planning to add this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtSTMYGEyaM

Regards

Balrog

This work on the Nebelwerfer was a result of experimentation with the
katusha system in mind. I was kinda suppressed to see the excellent
model go to waste so I got it working to the point of satisfaction in gathering data. But, the ammo reloads every 90sec. after firing six HE
rounds. It fires using radar at targets you can not see for a historical
range of five miles (8km).


ZeeWolf

Poor Little House:D

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot025.jpg

Freiwillige 11-25-2009 09:47 PM

Okay you have me drooling!:woot:

So now I have questions....Think of it as an interview.:03:

Did you have prior modeling experience or was this a crash course?

Do you have an expected completion date on your project?

Do you also plan on modeling other parts of the conflict such as the Kurland\Courland Pocket?

Do you have plans to model western tanks as well As some specialized German tank destroyers such as the Hetzer, Jagd panther etc?

If this sells well enough how far do you plan on taking this? Or What is your ideal long term goal?

Are you looking to find a publisher?

Can I have more pictures please!? Ehemmm Panther:arrgh!:

Thanks Again for your Vision.:salute:

ZeeWolf 11-25-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freiwillige (Post 1209244)
Okay you have me drooling!:woot:

So now I have questions....Think of it as an interview.:03:

Did you have prior modeling experience or was this a crash course?

Do you have an expected completion date on your project?

Do you also plan on modeling other parts of the conflict such as the Kurland\Courland Pocket?

Do you have plans to model western tanks as well As some specialized German tank destroyers such as the Hetzer, Jagd panther etc?

If this sells well enough how far do you plan on taking this? Or What is your ideal long term goal?

Are you looking to find a publisher?

Can I have more pictures please!? Ehemmm Panther:arrgh!:

Thanks Again for your Vision.:salute:

Torpedo Los baby, Topedo Los! You've sunk my heart baby, Danke schone you sea vixen! You make me have to dive deep darling, C.O. rig for silent loving.)

Drooling? That's great man! As for "crash course?" no such thing. I started in 97 with
my first seat of 3d Studio MAX then in 2000 I bought my first seat of Maya.

Expected date? Maybe something as soon as a month from now.

Planed conflicts for this phase of operation is July 1943, starting at Kursk and
covering the fierce and grueling, knock down drag out retreat to the Dneper River.
The battles unknown but to the most interested WWII students of the Eastern Front.

The models will be those generic in historical context. I have already the Panther tanks Ausf. D, A and will be working to get them completed after I finish my Panzer III Ausf. J and Sturm Haubitz 42. The Red Army vehicles I want finished prior to Panther completionare the SU-122 1943 and the Katusha on the U6 Studebaker. Then in parallel with my Panthers
I will be developing horse drawn equipment (preliminary work looks promising) as well as artillery tractors pulling artillery pieces.
Structures will be a constant need. The data gained over the first half of 09 convinced me that ordering vehicles over bridges is possible and definitely player tanks can. Obstacles and trench systems are a must, as too
are gun positions and bunkers, all in the works.:)

As for my plans (if this takes off) long term, is putting together a company dedicated to WWII tankers. Taking this as far as it possibly can go with programmers artists and modelers etc..:sunny:
And expanding in the direction of a platform where we can take advantage of the new innovations out there.


Publisher? we'll see.:ping:


ZeeWolf

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot003.jpg

:up:

torpedochief 11-26-2009 01:05 AM

T34 Vs Tiger
 
Hey Zee!

Wow this is exciting stuff! Whne do you see a release date?

Thanks

D. Clayton Meadows
Author of
TIGER!

Freiwillige 11-26-2009 03:15 AM

I see you like my signature (Torpedo Los baby)

Its actually from a story I once created on the SHIII boards. "Fritz Von Titz" is the main man in my stories and he is the opposite of "Johan Sabastian Balz" of Brag fame....I am sure you are familiar?

If not Look up Fritz von Titz in the SHIII forum for a good laugh as I love to make people smile:03:

Anyways I will visit message boards far and wide and link them here because I honestly want you to succeed in your endeavors.

God Speed my friend!

May this shambles of a Sim be resurrected into what it was meant to be!

Freiwillige 11-26-2009 03:26 AM

My work is done. I have sent word to every site I know including Subsim.

May this bring great new things herr kaleun!

Gott Mit du!:salute:

Hitman 11-26-2009 03:37 AM

This project looks awesome, and really gets my attention to this sim :up:

But a very important question -which has been so far a very limiting factor in these sims- is: How many units at a time in the battlefield can the game engine cope with? Can we expect to be able to recreate the massive tank battles of that era if we have a good computer and videocard, or will it all be scaled down to a much smaller size? :wah:

Mikhayl 11-26-2009 05:51 AM

Hi Zee, with all that good stuff you have there, do you have some insight, guidelines, pointers, anything, regarding import of new playable units?

Cheers

FC 11-26-2009 07:33 AM

First I want to just say Thank You, I bought the game as soon as it was released with very high hopes of a realistic tank Sim, I was soon very dissapointed with not only the game but lack of support from the developers. I stowed the game on the shelf and figured it was just wasted money. I was very Happy to see that you are bringing this back to life and from the posts so far this looks amazing.
Again Thank You for all the effort and hard work it must of taken to get to this point.

MajorMagee 11-26-2009 09:18 AM

I was part of the original Beta Test team, and was rather disappointed that they ignored most of the help we offered to get this right the first time. If there is anything I can do to help either project, please just let me know. :cool:

ZeeWolf 11-26-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedochief (Post 1209293)
Hey Zee!

Wow this is exciting stuff! Whne do you see a release date?

Thanks

D. Clayton Meadows
Author of
TIGER!

Thanks Mr. Meadows
I want to release something for Christmas as an appreciation for the
support. As for the add-ons it may be a at best few months away. I was
thinking at first I would release some freebies along with a few models
(for a reasonable price) as a stop gap between (for me) a major release.
I've become convinced, that would prepare and initialize the beginnings of
an efficient support foundation, something I am determined must be a
crucial part of any release. Please stay in touch.

Happy Thanksgiving,

ZeeWolf

SSoon!

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot036.jpg

ZeeWolf 11-26-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freiwillige (Post 1209346)
My work is done. I have sent word to every site I know including Subsim.

May this bring great new things herr kaleun!

Gott Mit du!:salute:

Danke schone Kamaraden! I believe He is.

Panzer IIIs I call them Tiger Cubs

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot026.jpg

Dowly 11-26-2009 12:24 PM

Awesome stuff! :rock:

Will you be keeping those SS camo uniforms on the soldiers? Would be nice to see normal tunics aswell. :hmmm:

ZeeWolf 11-26-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 1209349)
This project looks awesome, and really gets my attention to this sim :up:

But a very important question -which has been so far a very limiting factor in these sims- is: How many units at a time in the battlefield can the game engine cope with? Can we expect to be able to recreate the massive tank battles of that era if we have a good computer and videocard, or will it all be scaled down to a much smaller size? :wah:

Thanks Hitman,

I've fought in a battle of sixty (60) T-34 and Su-85s. Of course I died :cry:
but I think I've learned my lesson.

The massive tank battle is a major goal. I have yet to experiment more
on the game engine maximum, but I will do my best to make sure that I
can do all I can to enhance that maximize that number.

Happy Thanksgiving,
ZeeWolf

Note: that the explosion effect has been tweeked.
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot041.jpg

ZeeWolf 11-26-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikhayl (Post 1209375)
Hi Zee, with all that good stuff you have there, do you have some insight, guidelines, pointers, anything, regarding import of new playable units?

Cheers

Hi Mikhay,
Yes as a matter of fact I do- here's a peak :03:
Best Regards
ZeeWolf


http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...eenShot004.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.