SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

eddie 04-22-10 02:59 PM

I've run this mission so many times now, that I'm sticking with an earlier version with more artillery fire. I understand why it needs to be toned down for lower end pc's, but there's enough people around to test that end of it. I'm not stopping all testing, but I'm burned out on this particular Kursk mission, going to try the others that have been updated.

ZeeWolf 04-22-10 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1369765)
I've run this mission so many times now, that I'm sticking with an earlier version with more artillery fire. I understand why it needs to be toned down for lower end pc's, but there's enough people around to test that end of it. I'm not stopping all testing, but I'm burned out on this particular Kursk mission, going to try the others that have been updated.

Hi eddie,
What has your frames per second been on average? And do you think
the earlier version is ready for others that have the system to run it be
released as the High-end Alpha Kursk Mission one?

Thanks for all your help,:salute:
ZW

LcSummers 04-23-10 01:51 AM

Lets make it so Lt Worff

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1368929)
Hey LC!
I found out for certain a few things after experimenting with different things
that I thought I should try.

One of them is to increase the virtual memory size 1 to 2 gigs.

And two was some code techniques that split up the execution load
for commands to the group of Tigers.

Both these areas have proven to work with a increase in response, but the virtual memory increase helped maintain the the fps for the whole mission run time. I found this after trying for a couple of days now to figure out why things were slowing down so much as I got closer to Village C and through this latest discovery [virtual memory increase] ended that issue very noticeably.:up:

So tomorrow I will put up some image instruction for you if you need help in
doing that and also I wanted to show you how to see if prioaff.exe is working. But for now I am pooped out and going to bed. :zzz:

So, good night all! :salute:

ZW

Hi ZW,

mentioned it earlier, my VM is more than 3000 MBs. I installed prioaff too, have only 1-2 fps more. The only thing i have is an old problem. When starting TvT, then i ll get an CTD. So before starting TvT i always have to clear cache.

Quote: and also I wanted to show you how to see if prioaff.exe is working.

Lets make it so. :D
I will be back later īcause have do do my housejob, homework and taking a shower. This takes me very long you know ONE LEG JACK. :arrgh!: with SLI crutch mode as morty said.:yawn:

Iīll be back waiting for orders :up:

Over and out

LC

ZeeWolf 04-23-10 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1370420)
Hi ZW,

mentioned it earlier, my VM is more than 3000 MBs. I installed prioaff too, have only 1-2 fps more. The only thing i have is an old problem. When starting TvT, then i ll get an CTD. So before starting TvT i always have to clear cache.

Quote: and also I wanted to show you how to see if prioaff.exe is working.

Lets make it so. :D
I will be back later īcause have do do my housejob, homework and taking a shower. This takes me very long you know ONE LEG JACK. :arrgh!: with SLI crutch mode as morty said.:yawn:

Iīll be back waiting for orders :up:

Over and out

LC

Good mornig LC

Start TvT and the start the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+ALT+DELETE)
Then Right mouse click on the TvT exe to check the priority

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k..._TaskMng_1.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k..._TaskMng_2.jpg

Then Right mouse click on the TvT exe to see if your working all CPUs

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k..._TaskMng_3.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k..._TaskMng_4.jpg

That's it Kamerad,

Let me know if all your CPUs are checked. The the priority to RealTime
is the work prioaff.exe for sure.

Bed time for me now:salute:

ZW

LcSummers 04-23-10 06:11 AM

Something new

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1370447)
Good mornig LC

Let me know if all your CPUs are checked. The the priority to RealTime
is the work prioaff.exe for sure.

Bed time for me now:salute:

ZW

Hi ZW,

must say i was surprised, didnt know that, cool learned something new. :yeah:
Really COOL!

Have some questions too but first i want to answer yours.

Yes ZW started TvT (normal) and followed your instructions every CPU (4*) has been selected.

Started the other TvT (default prioaff) here two CPUs are highlited but if i want, i can select the others too.

My question is: which TvT should i select, normal or default?
Tried that with 4 CPUs but had some stuttering, seems that selecting all of them will causing stuttering when sound is increasing (more artillery sounds etc.) I dont know if i am right but it seems so.

Waiting until late afternoon to talk about this. Maybe its better to select only two or three cpus. But i will wait.

Thank you very much

LC

eddie 04-23-10 12:28 PM

Have to go back ZW, to see if it was v3 or 4 of this mission, I believe it was 3? I appreciate all that you are doing and will continue to help where I can.

ZeeWolf 04-23-10 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1370556)
Hi ZW,

must say i was surprised, didnt know that, cool learned something new. :yeah:
Really COOL!

Have some questions too but first i want to answer yours.

Yes ZW started TvT (normal) and followed your instructions every CPU (4*) has been selected.

Started the other TvT (default prioaff) here two CPUs are highlited but if i want, i can select the others too.

My question is: which TvT should i select, normal or default?
Tried that with 4 CPUs but had some stuttering, seems that selecting all of them will causing stuttering when sound is increasing (more artillery sounds etc.) I dont know if i am right but it seems so.

Waiting until late afternoon to talk about this. Maybe its better to select only two or three cpus. But i will wait.

Thank you very much

LC

Hi LC I wounder if you could add another "1" to the Target line in TvT's
shortcut

H:\Prioaff\prioaff.exe 3 111 "H:\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vsTiger\TvsT.exe"

The 3 11 is for two CPUs 3 111 is for three CPUs

The 3 is for Realtime which is best.

Check it out LC :salute:

ZW

ZeeWolf 04-23-10 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1371015)
Have to go back ZW, to see if it was v3 or 4 of this mission, I believe it was 3? I appreciate all that you are doing and will continue to help where I can.

Thanks for your help eddie all the data you have pass on in your beta testing
is really been helpful :salute:

ZW

LcSummers 04-24-10 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1371048)
shortcut

ZW

HI ZW,

I call my TvT shortcuts TvTmod because it is modded. Here i made another copy of TvTmod shortcut and renamed it TvT_default as you showed me in that blog (prioaff).

This is the one i took to make it compatible with prioaff. THIS ONE SHOWS ME 2 CPUs.

I just made another try with my TvTmod shortcut and here it shows me 4 CPUs. Hope you understand what i mean. :hmmm:

LC

LcSummers 04-24-10 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1371048)
shortcut

ZW

Hi again,

made as you described, its working. :up:

LC

ZeeWolf 04-24-10 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1371828)
Hi again,

made as you described, its working. :up:

LC

That's fantastic LC :up:
if you do not get 3 CPUs with 3 111 then try 3 1110 add a zero after the
third 1. The zero will allow the system a CPU to run things like sound an
among other things.

Good job! :salute:

ZW

doug770 04-24-10 04:29 PM

Hey Zee Wolf

You know by now that I donated the $60.00 to your efforts.
I think T34 vs. tiger is one of the best sims out there, but the way it was put together was very bland.

When it's ready to go, download me the link and I'll se if I can get it to work..

I'm pretty good at tinkering with these programs.

I play Sword of the Stars,. Fallout 3, Oblivion ,B17 , and a few good flight sims.
I thing they are Russian made but it's good.

ZeeWolf 04-24-10 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug770 (Post 1372388)
You know by now that I donated the $60.00 to your efforts.
I think T34 vs. tiger is one of the best sims out there, but the way it was put together was very bland.

When it's ready to go, download me the link and I'll se if I can get it to work..

I'm pretty good at tinkering with these programs.

I play Sword of the Stars,. Fallout 3, Oblivion ,B17 , and a few good flight sims.
I thing they are Russian made but it's good.

Greetings doug770,
I just sent you your Project ZeeWolf welcome message, make sure you
return it so I know your e-mail address is good and I will sent you the link
to your first (275mg) ZW download. This file is the foundation for all future
downloads and must be installed over a default T34 vs Tiger install with
no other mods.

Forwards Kamerad :salute:

ZW

doug770 04-24-10 06:26 PM

That was fast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1372413)
Greetings doug770,
I just sent you your Project ZeeWolf welcome message, make sure you
return it so I know your e-mail address is good and I will sent you the link
to your first (275mg) ZW download. This file is the foundation for all future
downloads and must be installed over a default T34 vs Tiger install with
no other mods.

Forwards Kamerad :salute:

ZW

Got it Chief...will do

Just installed T34vs. Tiger on my new computer and getting the rust out of my gears..

frinik 04-24-10 11:33 PM

Kudos Zee and beta testers

Hello Fellow Zee Members, Kameraden and Tiger Kommandant,

I finished installing Zeeīs Pre Kursk Alpha Release and misison v3.Itīs wonderful.The improvemnts made to the game are impressive.The thumping of the shells hitting target, the artillery barrages finally TvsT has what had been sorely missing an Atmosphere!My fps have driopped a bit but between 8 to 22 at times the gam,e is playable.I am upgrading and will have my first desktop with 1.8 gigs of dedicated graphics 8 gigs ram and 1 terabyte hard drive.Only 2.8 gh processor-wise but it should be enough as my game runs well enough with my current 2.0 gig processor and 512 mb dedicated and 1024 shared graphic memory.

Anyway kudos to Zee he has pulled it off and we can look forward to a bright future of tanking( What about a celebration on the first aniversary of ZW īs membership on 31 January 2011 (Americans just reverse the first 2 numbers ;-)))).We could call it Tanks Giving:D

Thank you beta testers too for the outstanding work you are doing.Lc, Morty, Eddie, Chucky ( does every beta tester has to have a name ending with the sound ee???:hmmm:).You guys are ploughing ahead helping Zee tremendously and making sure the rest of us have the best to play:yeah:

Cheers

morttheslayer 04-25-10 04:10 AM

Glad you're back with the pack Frinic

HI Frinic thought you'd be back soon ! :D Can't keep a good man down.

Yes massive lift to whole game, I'm planning a better graphics card maybe mid-end this year. Like you I think my CPUs adequate for this game but the graphics are behind from what I see in my testing (awaiting new Nvidea launch as well to compare). Also very helpful to gauge my performance and compare my hardware (and software sometimes) to others; like yourself, Lc, Eddie and KdF.

By the way when you say your FPS is up 8-22, I assume you are referring to Zees "lighter" mission not the initial more units/avction version??
I mean if you're getting 8-22 on the first release you're doing really great.

Over and out for now - Mort :salute:

I reackon Zee's PC is completely worn out now :haha: the keyboard must be smoking!!!!!!

frinik 04-25-10 07:14 AM

Missions are not more intense?

Well Eddie that whatīs puzzling me I do have the PRe Kursk Alpha v1 release installed successfully but I dont see more action .I have played the Tigers Shake Kurtenki, Defending simashkovo, Hill 500 and Tigers break Out and I havenīt noticed more action.You have KV85s in Tigers Shake Kurtenki, nice artillery barrage in the first Soviet mission and a nice cloudy stormy sky in Tiger Trap*Soviet mission very nice effect Zee( but more action)Otherwise no, not more tanks than usual?Am I missing something?

BTW I average 18/20 in the old TvsT missions and only 10 to 11 in Zee's made missions.

Thankj you Morty good to be greeted.Keep up the good work on behalf of us all:yeah:

Cheers

LcSummers 04-25-10 08:28 AM

Functioning

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1372135)
That's fantastic LC :up:
if you do not get 3 CPUs with 3 111 then try 3 1110 add a zero after the
third 1. The zero will allow the system a CPU to run things like sound an
among other things.

Good job! :salute:

ZW

Hi"gh" ZW,

It is working either way. If there are three of a kind 111 or 1110. It doesent matter what am i tipping the result is th same:

ALL CPUs

CPU "0"
CPU "1" Checked
CPU "2"Checked
CPU "3"Checked

Thats it. Thank you and Vorwaerts.

LC

PS: Should the last one CPU "3" unchecked and CPU "0"Checked ?

LcSummers 04-25-10 08:45 AM

WOW

[QUOTE=frinik;1372631]Hello Fellow Zee Members, Kameraden and Tiger Kommandant,

I finished installing Zeeīs Pre Kursk Alpha Release and misison v3.Itīs wonderful.The improvemnts made to the game are impressive.The thumping of the shells hitting target, the artillery barrages finally TvsT has what had been sorely missing an Atmosphere!My fps have driopped a bit but between 8 to 22 at times the gam,e is playable.I am upgrading and will have my first desktop with 1.8 gigs of dedicated graphics 8 gigs ram and 1 terabyte hard drive.Only 2.8 gh processor-wise but it should be enough as my game runs well enough with my current 2.0 gig processor and 512 mb dedicated and 1024 shared graphic memory.

Hi frinic,

do we have a super gamer with high end pc? Cool, now you can give us two hands and help us in testing. COOL:up:

Do you have an 64 bit OS? Wich one Vista or Win7?

Nice to have you back with full equipment.

Roger over and out

LC :yawn:

eddie 04-25-10 09:09 AM

frinik, I was talking about the intense artillery fire in the Kursk mission, I enjoyed it myself! Running across the steppes of that area not knowing if the next round is going to hit you, blasts going off everywhere,lol A round hits close, shrapnel and dirt hitting the tank so hard you can hear it and practically feel it too!

It had to be like that I would think, the Russians opening up with about everything they had when the attack started. You can zig zag across those fields and think to yourself that they couldn't possibly hit a moving target like that, but I wouldn't bet on it!:D

ZW did a great job with that end of things, that's why I enjoy the earlier version!:rock: