SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Unit damage from smoke and/or fires (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180921)

Madox58 04-23-12 04:07 PM

That whole statement about IE is crap!

I just downloaded from Gamefront with no problem.

Check your settings for IE.

Sailor Steve 04-23-12 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchy849 (Post 1873805)
Why doesn't anyone listen to me?
It's because it isn't compatible with IE anymore,you need to use Firefox or Chrome.

Because you don't know what you're talking about. I just followed a couple of different links to Gamefront and downloaded a couple of different files with no problem, and I don't have Firefox or Chrome. The link on the first post is having problems, but other post links in this thread and others work fine.

Frenchy849 04-24-12 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1874427)
Because you don't know what you're talking about. I just followed a couple of different links to Gamefront and downloaded a couple of different files with no problem, and I don't have Firefox or Chrome. The link on the first post is having problems, but other post links in this thread and others work fine.

...Well I thought so,with everything abandoning IE for the newer web browsers and crap...
Now let's try to see what I can do.
EDIT:I just went to Gamefront's main page and it works fine,maybe the links were borked or something.

fideco 01-05-13 03:10 PM

Unable to donwload...
May someone point me to a working link?
Thanks

Troublous_Haze 01-05-13 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fideco (Post 1988774)
Unable to donwload...
May someone point me to a working link?
Thanks

It works fine: http://www.gamefront.com/files/servi...ou?id=20131678

Takes some time to load tghe page, but it's good to go

raffa 01-05-13 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troublous_Haze (Post 1988776)
It works fine: http://www.gamefront.com/files/servi...ou?id=20131678

Takes some time to load tghe page, but it's good to go

Yes, that's true.
Thanks!:)

beanodublin 01-26-13 02:06 PM

SHIP DAMAGE

Thanks for this mod its great.

chrysanthos 03-01-13 11:18 AM

hey people forget about filefront!! mediafire is the perfect one;)

LGN1 03-30-13 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1792310)
There is no effect that will 'wake-up or alert' the AI but I do have an idea that will more than likely work :yep: I'll try it on SH5 first...

Hi TDW,

did you test the idea on SH5? It would be really great if the AI would react to premature explosions of torpedoes.

Regards, LGN1

_yos_ 06-23-13 09:42 PM

Unfortunately, unable to download the link (using chrome, and mozilla, and ie produces the same result: 403 - Forbidden )

:-(

desertstriker 06-23-13 10:02 PM

Try going here look for hsies folder
ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S...3COMMUNITYMODS

Username: Maik
Password: Woelfe

Scoobared 08-14-13 02:35 PM

Greetings Subsim! I have just recently gotten SHIII--always late to the party, as usual. This sim and the Subsim modding community are fantastic; an outstanding job keeping SHIII alive for so many years with so many wonderful mods--otherwise latecomers such as myself would most likely have missed out on the fun entirely.

Using JSGME, whenever I activate the Fire Damage mod, the smoke columns from burning ships disappear instantly once the relevant sections sink below the waterline. Deactivating this mod returns the smoke particles to the normal behavior of fading out slowly over time.

I'm running the Encore-published no Starforce DVD edition using GWX 3, SH3 Commander/SH3 Weather and the H.Sie/Steibler combined hardcode patches. When the Fire Damage mod is activated, the instantly disappearing smoke particles occur both with and without any other additional mods loaded.

Otherwise, the mod is working as intended. To test, I used the Silent 3ditor to tweak the damage from the virtual depth charges to atomic levels and was rewarded with ships splitting in two from a single shot.

All testing (tasting?) of various mod soups have been done in the first two naval academy missions. No patrols yet.

Searching the forums, it appears the problem once existed with the stock sim as well as with The Dark Wraith's lovely "SH4 effects for SH3," but I've so far found no reports of instantly disappearing smoke associated with the Fire Damage mod itself. I hope it's not just me. Any ideas of settings to tweak?

Mikemike47 08-14-13 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGN1 (Post 2033955)
Hi TDW,
did you test the idea on SH5? It would be really great if the AI would react to premature explosions of torpedoes.
Regards, LGN1

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1610933)
I don't play SH3 or SH4 anymore (only SH5) so if you need to reach me do so via PM

As stated all ready on first post, etc. etc., .........TDW spends most of his time improving SH5. Be patient, his mailbox gets full a lot.

wizardmatt 02-10-17 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobared (Post 2100123)
Whenever I activate the Fire Damage mod, the smoke columns from burning ships disappear instantly once the relevant sections sink below the waterline. Deactivating this mod returns the smoke particles to the normal behavior of fading out slowly over time.

When the Fire Damage mod is activated, the instantly disappearing smoke particles occur both with and without any other additional mods loaded.

All testing (tasting?) of various mod soups have been done in the first two naval academy missions. No patrols yet.

Searching the forums, it appears the problem once existed with the stock sim as well as with The Dark Wraith's lovely "SH4 effects for SH3," but I've so far found no reports of instantly disappearing smoke associated with the Fire Damage mod itself. I hope it's not just me. Any ideas of settings to tweak?

QFT. Confirming that the instantly-vanishing-smoke bug occurs with this mod, even if it is the only mod activated alongside your choice of FX mod. I have tested it not just with Racerboy's SH4 Effects - specifically v7, the reboot by asanovic7 - but also with GWX Enhanced Damage Effects and the FX component of Urfisch's Modstrike. In each case, all (child?) particles/smoke instantly vanish when the (parent?) source/fire disappears below the water.
I've looked at particles.dat+materials.dat in the various FX mods, plus the Fire Damage mod .dat, in both S3D and Hex Editor Neo (which I bought specifically to help with this issue). I'm pretty sure the problem is something to do with a conflict between the FX particles.dat and the Fire Damage mod .dat, somewhere in the particle generator sub-sections, and possibly the NoDeleteChildren and/or StopAllParticles variables. Another potential variable/s lie within the water interaction sub-section.
This is the final step in my decade long quest to install (what I consider to be) a definitive GWX setup. Having spent so long in Notepad++, WinMerge, etc, I am itching to just play the game before I spend more time learning Hex Editor. Any help and advice, to save me some time, would be gratefully received :Kaleun_Salute:

LGN1 08-29-17 11:54 AM

Hi,

I found a way to solve the issue: Just copy the particle generator from the mod's file to its parent node in the particle.dat file and move it above the fast particle generator.

I don't understand why, but the ordering of the generators is important.

Best, LGN1