SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Thomsen's wasted again... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245595)

Ivan B. Scuttle 06-19-20 04:46 AM

Thomsen's wasted again...

While performing a normal dive (not crash) crew is still making a ton of thumping noise as ALARM! was triggered instead of Li just doing routine diving preparations announcement with the noise of the air blowing out from tanks (ThomsenSoundPackV3.2cg).

Any ideas how to fix this, gentlemen? :hmmm:

Addendum: Also, how to switch markings and stencils from English to German?

Ivan B. Scuttle 06-21-20 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan B. Scuttle (Post 2678669)
While performing a normal dive (not crash) crew is still making a ton of thumping noise as ALARM! was triggered instead of Li just doing routine diving preparations announcement with the noise of the air blowing out from tanks (ThomsenSoundPackV3.2cg).

Any ideas how to fix this, gentlemen? :hmmm:

Addendum: Also, how to switch markings and stencils from English to German?

No body knows a solution to this Enigma (pun intended :sign_yeah:)?

Maddin25 06-22-20 04:22 AM

Check the "dive sequence" sound file in the sound folder if it was replaced with the crash dive sound file.

Ivan B. Scuttle 06-22-20 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddin25 (Post 2679280)
Check the "dive sequence" sound file in the sound folder if it was replaced with the crash dive sound file.

I just did. Dive sequence sound is crew running when a guy slips, falls and yells "dashau!" (watch out, remember the film) with 2nd officier says "quiet for god's sake!" It's crash dive when Zerstörer launches starshells after U-96 fires 4 eels at Geleitz (convoy), hitting three ships.
There is no crash dive sound file (I'm looking at the sound library)!

Ivan B. Scuttle 06-22-20 07:37 AM

Quote:

Thank you for bringing this up!
Have to figure out whats wrong. Maybe Wolfpack345 knows something about this.

Ivan B. Scuttle 06-22-20 07:42 AM

Quote:

Pack I've downloaded from subsim is ThomsenSoundPackV3.2cg.rar and inserted it using JSGME.

Maddin25 06-22-20 10:58 AM

Well, if you had the right sound before activating the pack, try deactivating it via JSGME, delete the "diving sequence" file in den mod folder and activate it again.

Ivan B. Scuttle 06-22-20 04:20 PM

Well, Thomsenssoundpack was a third mod I've installed so, I do not know what was sound like before. And deactivating is a takeoff check list. :damn: