SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

LcSummers 02-27-11 01:32 AM

GOOD MORNING

Good morning ZW and my old friend frinik,

good to hear from you. First of all its an aristocratic name. Its "von Sommer". As you know, aristocrats were mostly officers and so i am privileged to drive those fantastic Tigers. :D

And did you see that picture? ZW pointed at me

LC GOES HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha:

Nice to have both of you back. Only Mr. Panzercommander Morty is missing but he is reinforcing his bunker.:up:

ZW just one little thing you have to know. The next time i dont want a swastika flag on my tank i want to have "CROSSED PURPLE CRUTCHES"

Jawohl :salute:

Cheers

LC

PS: Frinik, as you said Summers, hopefully you will wash my tank if its getting toooooooooo white!!!!!!!!!

ZeeWolf 02-27-11 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1607648)
Good morning ZW and my old friend frinik,

good to hear from you. First of all its an aristocratic name. Its "von Sommer". As you know, aristocrats were mostly officers and so i am privileged to drive those fantastic Tigers. :D

And did you see that picture? ZW pointed at me

LC GOES HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha:

Nice to have both of you back. Only Mr. Panzercommander Morty is missing but he is reinforcing his bunker.:up:

ZW just one little thing you have to know. The next time i dont want a swastika flag on my tank i want to have "CROSSED PURPLE CRUTCHES"

Jawohl :salute:

Cheers

LC

PS: Frinik, as you said Summers, hopefully you will wash my tank if its getting toooooooooo white!!!!!!!!!

Here you go Kamerad and it looks very good on the PnzII :D

LC's Banner
http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/LCsBanner1.jpg

ZW:salute:

Anton88 02-27-11 05:13 PM

Sound problem in TvsT

I have T34 vs Tiger and the game runs fine on Windows 7 except no sound!

I don't have any sound in game - I think im getting a message at the beginning "Could not initialize sound driver" or something like that.

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone can help me solve this?

many thanks

frinik 02-27-11 10:12 PM

A Sound Idea

Anton88 you probably need to update your sound drivers.

Anton88 03-01-11 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1608411)
Anton88 you probably need to update your sound drivers.

All my other games run fine, and I have newer games than TvsT.
You think the driver is the problem why I get no sound in this game?

I'll give it a try, - but I suspect its a problem with Windows 7.
a compatibility issue

Kapt. Q 03-01-11 12:26 PM

Hi Zee,
I have very much enjoyed the mod, a vast improvement on the original, as you say the future is promising. Here are a few thoughts on it, excuse me if I repeat others, I haven't read all 143 pages on this thread! I have a crash problem on restarting a failed mission sometimes, no biggy, I think it's about clearing the cache? I think the tiger is not affected speed wise by going up hill, is that fixable? would it be possible to reduce the amount it skews when hitting a destructable object, particularly if it's moving slowly and hits a tree. When you use AI driver and call for a halt he doesn't stop it, just puts it in nuetral, active braking would be good as well; even if you put the brake on, it seems like it takes too long to stop. It would be nice if you could give the AI driver speed presets, ie. keys 1-8, each representing a specific speed between 3 and max kph other wise you have to listen to him each time you tell him to speed up. Max speed over rough terrain is too high but I think that is being addressed? I think it is possible to confuse the AI gunner when designating targets and then he stops firing completely until you turn him on and off, I may be wrong on this. If you get to an enemy gun position there is often the crew standing there, if I was them I'd run away or play dead instead of waiting to be machine gunned! I know you are working on a system to repair tracked tanks and resupply them in the field and this will be great. It's a shame you can't change the load out before a mission, the first two in Kursk could use a bit more HE. I think it's been mentioned but the line of sight through trees etc, needs work, it's annoying to be shot at by things you can't respond to except through AI gunner. Some missions that have more of a defensive, rather than offensive flavour would be great too, the tigers excelled at this. Keep up the good work, Cheers!

ZeeWolf 03-01-11 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapt. Q (Post 1609645)
Hi Zee,
I have very much enjoyed the mod, a vast improvement on the original, as you say the future is promising. Here are a few thoughts on it, excuse me if I repeat others, I haven't read all 143 pages on this thread! I have a crash problem on restarting a failed mission sometimes, no biggy, I think it's about clearing the cache? I think the tiger is not affected speed wise by going up hill, is that fixable? would it be possible to reduce the amount it skews when hitting a destructable object, particularly if it's moving slowly and hits a tree. When you use AI driver and call for a halt he doesn't stop it, just puts it in nuetral, active braking would be good as well; even if you put the brake on, it seems like it takes too long to stop. It would be nice if you could give the AI driver speed presets, ie. keys 1-8, each representing a specific speed between 3 and max kph other wise you have to listen to him each time you tell him to speed up. Max speed over rough terrain is too high but I think that is being addressed? I think it is possible to confuse the AI gunner when designating targets and then he stops firing completely until you turn him on and off, I may be wrong on this. If you get to an enemy gun position there is often the crew standing there, if I was them I'd run away or play dead instead of waiting to be machine gunned! I know you are working on a system to repair tracked tanks and resupply them in the field and this will be great. It's a shame you can't change the load out before a mission, the first two in Kursk could use a bit more HE. I think it's been mentioned but the line of sight through trees etc, needs work, it's annoying to be shot at by things you can't respond to except through AI gunner. Some missions that have more of a defensive, rather than offensive flavour would be great too, the tigers excelled at this. Keep up the good work, Cheers!

Hi Kapt Q,
I like your idea of using the 1-8 keys. As for the brake issue I believe the
rolling stop is much more realistic especially on hills, it coasts down hill
nicely.Your idea about load-out selection is great that would be a very
welcomed addition. The mission creation is a phase I want to be able to
focus entirely on that would cover every year of the war, I am not there
yet but I am working toward that. So, please be patient Kamerad.

Cheers,:salute:

ZW

ZeeWolf 03-02-11 11:59 PM

Winter Panther A and Soldaten!

Winter in TvT, :up:

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZW_Winter_4.jpg

Vorwärts Kameraden! :salute:

ZW

LcSummers 03-03-11 10:53 AM

FANTASTIC

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1608027)
Here you go Kamerad and it looks very good on the PnzII :D

LC's Banner
http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/LCsBanner1.jpg

ZW:salute:

Hi ZW,

you are really the best. I am SPEECHLESS:yeah:. TUTIFULL, i mean WONDERFULL: I am really honored.

Thanks mate,

LC:salute:

LcSummers 03-03-11 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1610932)
Winter in TvT, :up:

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZW_Winter_4.jpg

ZW

FUBAR, Wunderbar!!!!

A Panther Ausf. A. You make me really nervous. WOW!!!

:wah: Not my tank ( not yet)

Greetings to all my Panzerkameraden

LC

Freiwillige 03-03-11 12:26 PM

I see that you are doing a Zeepurb job my friend. You have come a loooong way since this first started.

I am glad to see you doing so well on your project. Gott mit du!:salute:

Kapt. Q 03-05-11 07:34 AM

Hi Zee, Just wondering if you have any plans to limit the engine rpm of the mid production tiger to 2600 as only the first ml210 engined tigers were capable of 3000, the rest being governed due to weakness of the engine at high rpm. This would indirectly solve the problem of there top speed being too high as well.

ZeeWolf 03-05-11 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapt. Q (Post 1612652)
Hi Zee, Just wondering if you have any plans to limit the engine rpm of the mid production tiger to 2600 as only the first ml210 engined tigers were capable of 3000, the rest being governed due to weakness of the engine at high rpm. This would indirectly solve the problem of there top speed being too high as well.

Hi Kapt. Q,
Ok, your right I'll fix it and will have it with the next Update, along with
the new Playable Tiger E1 (early ver.) among other things in the works. :up:
Now on to technical stuff about the Maybach controls

The engine RPM has two methods of increase manually and auto-Driver

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZW_EngControl1.jpg

The rpm issue will be in the upcoming Project ZW Update,

ZW

Kapt. Q 03-07-11 10:40 AM

Wow Zee, prompt response, I look forward to the update.

KapitanDP 03-15-11 02:06 PM

New 2011 Member

Well, I discovered all this pretty late compared to a lot of the rest of you and had to dig out my old copy of TvT that I haven't played in awhile. All this looked so good that I just had to give it a try. I wasn't a hugh fan of the original release but these mods have got me interested :up:

ZeeWolf, you should be getting my donation at any moment!:salute:

KapitanDP 03-15-11 04:08 PM

Mission Stats Problem

ZeeWolf,
First off, thank you for your very fast response. Also, the changes you have made look VERY NICE!

Everything with the first German mission seemed to work great until I finished. Here is the data from the final screen:

Soviet Red Army - Tigers Shake Kurtenki

Mission Objectives - all boxes illuminated

Shots Fired - 7
Hits Landed - 42
Accuracy - 600%
Tanks Destroyed - 2
Enemy Positions Destroyed - 2
APC Destroyed - 1
Trucks Destroyed - None
Infantry Killed - 6

Mission Success

Now, I know I'm good (grin) but 7 shots fired and 42 landed. Not to mention I was playing on the German side.

Any idea what's wrong????
Thanks

ZeeWolf 03-15-11 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1620147)
ZeeWolf,
First off, thank you for your very fast response. Also, the changes you have made look VERY NICE!

Everything with the first German mission seemed to work great until I finished. Here is the data from the final screen:

Soviet Red Army - Tigers Shake Kurtenki

Mission Objectives - all boxes illuminated

Shots Fired - 7
Hits Landed - 42
Accuracy - 600%
Tanks Destroyed - 2
Enemy Positions Destroyed - 2
APC Destroyed - 1
Trucks Destroyed - None
Infantry Killed - 6

Mission Success

Now, I know I'm good (grin) but 7 shots fired and 42 landed. Not to mention I was playing on the German side.

Any idea what's wrong????
Thanks

Hey KDP! :up:
You look like you did awesome :haha: The problem with the 600% is with using the coaxial machine gun, it increased the percent. Although the MG rounds
are no longer counted the hits are. The next update that I am currently working will squeeze in a fix. I might even eliminate the percent from the tally altogether.
My plan is to add kill rings to the tanks gun barrel during the campaign, but that is still a ways down the road .

Vorwärts Kamerad!

ZW :salute:

KapitanDP 03-15-11 07:05 PM

Thanks ZW. I appreciate the explanation....

KDP

ZeeWolf 03-16-11 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapitanDP (Post 1620262)
Thanks ZW. I appreciate the explanation....

KDP

Hi KDP

I also wanted to put the fix link here for other ZW members to DL

http://www.tanksimzw.com/EndMissionMenu.zip

ZW :salute:

Sledgehammer427 03-16-11 01:38 PM

Zee, is the gun barrel seperate from the texture maps? if it is, perhaps it would be really easy to make a small number of modified textures, if one wishes to have his total kill count, then all he would have to do is replace his current Tiger texture with one that has the proper number of kills on the barrel. it seems like it wouldn't take very long to make from one to 50