SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Game crash to desktop Raid on Malta (incl. some newbies questions) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248541)

Eason 02-19-21 10:06 AM

Game crash to desktop Raid on Malta (incl. some newbies questions)

Hi, I am Eason. I have some questions about SH5 TWOS. Well, actually some issues occurred recently and I am quite confused with that. I installed TWOS 2.6.0.157 around Dec 2020 and the game worked great. The game run smoothly until the Mare Nostrum began. the game started to crash sometimes when I hit the TCx16 or more. Then I finished the breakthrough Gibraltar, Deliveries for Malta and Siege of Tobruk. The game was fine when I played the first 2 chapters however when I was playing Middle East Supplies, I remembered it was around mid July, 1941. The game suddenly started the transfer of campaign. It changed to the Battle of the Mediterranean. Then I continue to play the game and went to Malta. When I entered Malta the game crashed even more. tried a few times of getting in the harbor, some crashed before entering the harbor, crashed twice when I tried to get out of the harbor in periscope depth.

I remembered Win10 updated something on 12th-14th Feb 2021. Is it because of the Window update cause the game to crash?

I have read some thread in Subsim related on game crash to desktop and CTD. Most of them experienced this problem because of their mod. HOwever when I checked the JSGME there should be no extra mod activated that listed on the left bottom corner.

very frustrated :k_confused:

Can anyone know what is going on about the game? Any help that would be grateful. Thank you very much:Kaleun_Wink:

vdr1981 02-19-21 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eason (Post 2731226)
Hi, I am Eason. I have some questions about SH5 TWOS. Well, actually some issues occurred recently and I am quite confused with that. I installed TWOS 2.6.0.157 around Dec 2020 and the game worked great. The game run smoothly until the Mare Nostrum began. the game started to crash sometimes when I hit the TCx16 or more. Then I finished the breakthrough Gibraltar, Deliveries for Malta and Siege of Tobruk. The game was fine when I played the first 2 chapters however when I was playing Middle East Supplies, I remembered it was around mid July, 1941. The game suddenly started the transfer of campaign. It changed to the Battle of the Mediterranean. Then I continue to play the game and went to Malta. When I entered Malta the game crashed even more. tried a few times of getting in the harbor, some crashed before entering the harbor, crashed twice when I tried to get out of the harbor in periscope depth.

I remembered Win10 updated something on 12th-14th Feb 2021. Is it because of the Window update cause the game to crash?

I have read some thread in Subsim related on game crash to desktop and CTD. Most of them experienced this problem because of their mod. HOwever when I checked the JSGME there should be no extra mod activated that listed on the left bottom corner.

very frustrated :k_confused:

Can anyone know what is going on about the game? Any help that would be grateful. Thank you very much:Kaleun_Wink:

Hi Eason :salute:

Try here...https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...34#post2564834

If you want quick and straightforward answer please make sure to follow first post for useful problem/CTD report...:yep:

Eason 02-20-21 05:23 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Thank you very much vdr1981. :Kaleun_Cheers:

The version is Uplay download version and yes I followed the instruction and the game updated to v1.2.0 works fine before I installed TWOS.
Here is my screenshot of the Generic patcher, main game folder and JSGME.

vdr1981 02-21-21 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eason (Post 2731378)
Thank you very much vdr1981. :Kaleun_Cheers:

The version is Uplay download version and yes I followed the instruction and the game updated to v1.2.0 works fine before I installed TWOS.
Here is my screenshot of the Generic patcher, main game folder and JSGME.

High res pictures would be nice...Can't see anything on those screenshots.

Eason 02-21-21 11:46 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Ok I just figured it out I need to upload jpeg file rather than png file in order to get the original resolution. Here is my screenshots. Thank you very much vdr1981:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 02-22-21 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eason (Post 2731762)
Ok I just figured it out I need to upload jpeg file rather than png file in order to get the original resolution. Here is my screenshots. Thank you very much vdr1981:Kaleun_Salute:

Can't see anything wrong on you screenshots. Maybe some of the files got corrupted, it can happen from time to time... I would suggest clean game re-installation and re-downloading the latest TWoS installer (v2.2.22). That usually sorts out similar problems for me. :yep:
Beckup your gamesaves found in "C:\Users\****\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames" .

Eason 02-22-21 09:45 AM

Ok, thank you, got it I will try this method. One more question when I finish the re-install then I put my gamesave in the file again and the game will work? I can continue the latest mission?
:salute:
Eason

vdr1981 02-22-21 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eason (Post 2731840)
Ok, thank you, got it I will try this method. One more question when I finish the re-install then I put my gamesave in the file again and the game will work? I can continue the latest mission?
:salute:
Eason

You should be able to do that , yes. Don't forget to delete all other SH5 related files from your document folder, this is crucial when reinstalling SH games. :yep: :salute:

Eason 02-22-21 09:55 AM

Ok, I will follow the entire re-installing procedure. Thank you for the help vdr1981. I will let you know if it's work or not when I finish the re-install. Thank you.
:Kaleun_Cheers:
Eason

Eason 02-25-21 10:35 AM

Ok I just re installed the whole game. Cleaned all the files in my document and in my D drive before uninstall the game then followed the whole installation procedure but the game still crash. The game still forced me to change to the Battle of Mediterranean campaign when I was at sea around late July 1941. So I tried another save which is before entering Malta. the game crashed after my boat travel some distance not even entered Malta harbor yet.
Vdr1981 What should I do next? Does it meant that all the game save are corrupted already?
:k_confused:
Thank you.

Eason

vdr1981 02-25-21 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eason (Post 2732483)
Ok I just re installed the whole game. Cleaned all the files in my document and in my D drive before uninstall the game then followed the whole installation procedure but the game still crash. The game still forced me to change to the Battle of Mediterranean campaign when I was at sea around late July 1941. So I tried another save which is before entering Malta. the game crashed after my boat travel some distance not even entered Malta harbor yet.
Vdr1981 What should I do next? Does it meant that all the game save are corrupted already?
:k_confused:
Thank you.
Eason

OK...Try to start new "Battle of Mediterranean" campaign using "silentotto" cheat and see how it goes. If you like I can tell you how to "hack" your gamesave and increase promotional points for the crew...:yep:

Muckenberg 02-25-21 01:55 PM

Good day
Did you also delete the games stored on the Ubisoft server?

Eason 02-26-21 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2732525)
OK...Try to start new "Battle of Mediterranean" campaign using "silentotto" cheat and see how it goes. If you like I can tell you how to "hack" your gamesave and increase promotional points for the crew...:yep:

Ok I just tried this method but the game still crash. My boat was approaching a patrol area, the time compression was around x256-x512. Then I received a radio message contact report the time compression dropped back to 1. After 5s the game crash to desktop again:k_confused:

Eason 02-26-21 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2732529)
Good day
Did you also delete the games stored on the Ubisoft server?

Hi Muckenberg. Well, actually I didn't deleted the save game in Ubisoft server. When I reinstall the game, it updated with the save game from the Ubisoft server. However I tried to deleted the save game that downloaded from the server and replaced it with my backup save and tried to approach Malta harbor again. I managed to fired 2 torps then the game crash to desktop again.

vdr1981 02-26-21 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eason (Post 2732626)
Ok I just tried this method but the game still crash. My boat was approaching a patrol area, the time compression was around x256-x512. Then I received a radio message contact report the time compression dropped back to 1. After 5s the game crash to desktop again:k_confused:

Quite strange :hmmm:. I hope that windows update dont have anything with your CTDs since we cant fight that...:hmmm:

What about other areas, other campaigns ect? Any problems there?