SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]Lifeboats for SH3!(Update V4.0, Dec. 27, 2008) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134988)

Philipp_Thomsen 04-13-08 12:34 AM

:rotfl:

You dog... competing with me for the busiest modder? :lol:

Great work! :rock:

My computer cant run SH4, but I bet theres a ton of good stuff that we can bring from SH4 to SH3...

dcb 04-13-08 12:42 AM

With such modders, there's still plenty of life left in the ol' SH3.:rock:

sergbuto 04-13-08 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubini
The old attempts on the lifeboat matter never really becomes reality just because the guys were looking at debris&cia.

Not entirely true. F.e. lifeboats were never debris in my work/mod and spawned/worked fine in my install. It is just there was no interest in finishing the mod up after SH4 came out. Looks like you have it now. Good luck with completing it.

Rubini 04-13-08 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergbuto
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubini
The old attempts on the lifeboat matter never really becomes reality just because the guys were looking at debris&cia.

Not entirely true. F.e. lifeboats were never debris in my work/mod and spawned/worked fine in my install. It is just there was no interest in finishing the mod up after SH4 came out. Looks like you have it now. Good luck with completing it.

Thanks mate!:up:

Rubini 04-13-08 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
:rotfl:

You dog... competing with me for the busiest modder? :lol:

Great work! :rock:

My computer cant run SH4, but I bet theres a ton of good stuff that we can bring from SH4 to SH3...

LOL!
Hi mate. As I said on the first post this one will the last one or my family will just left me.:D

Letum 04-13-08 09:15 AM

Most Very Imopressive!:rock:

Bubbe 04-13-08 09:30 AM

Where i can download this mod??

Rubini 04-13-08 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer
Send a link by PM and I'll take a look see.
;)

PM sent! Letīs finish it!:up:

I will return to my computer in 6 hours. See you then!

Rubini 04-13-08 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubbe
Where i can download this mod??

The mod is a WIP now. I guess that in one week at maximum it will be ready.;)

ryoga_77 04-13-08 10:25 AM

Those lifeboats add an extra touch of realism,however i wonder if small boats populated with sailors could be used instead.

Jimbuna 04-13-08 10:33 AM

This looks very promising Rubini http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

mkubani 04-13-08 10:37 AM

Great job Rubini! I was always hoping for this one.

One suggestion... since you said you could add many different variants of lifeboats and control when they are activated, wouldn't it be cool to extend this mod into a CDPWSS (a.k.a Complete Destruction Package When a Ship Sinks)...? :) So in addition to lifeboats, you could also add couple dozen floating debris parts (wooden crates, maybe some floating cargo, some wood from the deck, etc.) + some swimming sailors, and maybe 1 floating life ring per ship? I think this would be a major step in immersion for this game especially if they do not disappear after couple minutes like the default wooden crates.

Just an idea.

GoldenEagle8 04-13-08 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkubani
Great job Rubini! I was always hoping for this one.

One suggestion... since you said you could add many different variants of lifeboats and control when they are activated, wouldn't it be cool to extend this mod into a CDPWSS (a.k.a Complete Destruction Package When a Ship Sinks)...? :) So in addition to lifeboats, you could also add couple dozen floating debris parts (wooden crates, maybe some floating cargo, some wood from the deck, etc.) + some swimming sailors, and maybe 1 floating life ring per ship? I think this would be a major step in immersion for this game especially if they do not disappear after couple minutes like the default wooden crates.

Just an idea.

Oh, don't forget the capsized lifeboat with sailors on top of it.:D

i_b_spectre 04-13-08 11:22 AM

Yet another fantastic and immersive mod from the Master :rock:! I agree that just a few different models of lifeboats/rafts would suffice. I don't know how "do-able" it would be to have them scaled and matched to the ones that are shown attached to the ship that is being sunk. I like the suggestion of manned boats, including one or two capsized with men hanging on. The inability to shoot them or rescue, in my view, is not a downside. From reading Torpedo Junction it appears very few uboats gunned crews in lifeboats and, as I understand it, there were KM orders not to pickup survivors.

Madox58 04-13-08 12:08 PM

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...r_2006/lb1.jpg