SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   GWX Map (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169235)

doomfreak777 05-10-10 11:35 AM

GWX Map

Hey again,
Yesterday I installed GWX and have been having alot of fun with it so far, and I thought the vanilla sh3 was good! This is alot better so far, excellent job they've done!

Anyway I was looking through the manual and found the map of all the trade routes etc, but adapted for GWX. As I bought SH3 online and have it as a download I don't have the original fold out map either that I think came with the boxed copies of the game.

I was wondering if the map is available as a separate download anywhere, I've just checked on the grey wolves website but it isn't there and i'm not sure if print screening the map from the GWX manual will be particularly good quality when printed.

Any ideas?
If not I will give it a shot anyway
Cheers :cool:

fw66 05-10-10 11:41 AM

You can access the same map in the game on the nav map, it's on the top left corner and you can drag it down to take a look.

If you want to print it out, the image for the in-game map should be somewhere in the game files and that should produce a good quality print. I'm not on the computer with the install, but I think it'll be in the Data>Menu folder somewhere (sorry, that's a bit useless, but I'm sure someone will tell you where it is!)

Hope that helps!

doomfreak777 05-10-10 12:58 PM

ok

Thanks alot I didn't realise it was in-game!

Another quick question (no point starting a new thread)
Why does it say I have 5/5 officers when I definitely can only see 4.
I used to have an officer who had the torpedoman qualification but now he's randomly dissappeared yes it still says 5/5 officers.

And does anyone know if its possible to make the water in SH3 GWX a bit more transparent/brighter when under water (outside cam) or would that be fairly complicated?

Sorry for all the questions ha!

raymond6751 05-10-10 01:01 PM

Hi

You can list your officers and all personnel when going to view the crew. That should show you all of them. You can list them by rank or skills, etc..

<ha> You can turn up the brightness of your monitor to save tweaking the files.

M :salute:

doomfreak777 05-10-10 01:13 PM

lol yeah suppose I could do that!

I am at the base atm, and when I go to 'personal files' and view the sub and all its posts there are only 4 officers showing (3 in the command room and 1 watch officer) but the officer bar to the left is fully green showing I have 5/5 officers.

Unless it's possible for him to be ill or something!? :-?

frau kaleun 05-10-10 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomfreak777 (Post 1387565)
lol yeah suppose I could do that!

I am at the base atm, and when I go to 'personal files' and view the sub and all its posts there are only 4 officers showing (3 in the command room and 1 watch officer) but the officer bar to the left is fully green showing I have 5/5 officers.

Unless it's possible for him to be ill or something!? :-?

I don't know if this makes a difference but did you by chance assign an officer to damage control in the game and then leave him there for the rest of the patrol?

Because IIRC the damage control "compartment" that you can stick people in using the crew management screen in the game is not shown at all in the personnel management screen you get when you're in base. So I wonder if anyone who gets assigned to damage control in-game and is still there when you exit the patrol would be "missing" from the crew shown once you're looking at them back in base.

Just a hunch because I remember seeing references to a "missing officer/crew" problem that I think had something to do with assigning people to damage control and then leaving them there when you RTBed.

Kpt. Lehmann 05-10-10 02:29 PM

Cheers doomfreak.

SINK'EM ALL!!!:arrgh!:

Jimbuna 05-10-10 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomfreak777 (Post 1387543)

And does anyone know if its possible to make the water in SH3 GWX a bit more transparent/brighter when under water (outside cam) or would that be fairly complicated?

Sorry for all the questions ha!

The best you can do without altering files is to use SH3 Commander and set the water clarity level to 20.

Hook 05-10-10 02:43 PM

SH3 Commander documentation has the following line:

Crew Manager now "finds" and returns missing officers.

I'm not sure how this works, as I've never had a missing officer. But several people have mentioned that it happens when an officer is left in damage control when you return to base.

Hook

doomfreak777 05-10-10 03:53 PM

ah righto, yeah that is quite possible actually, I remember moving him into the damage control and it's probable I forgot to bring him out again.

Thanks for the replies I will try with SH3 commander tomorrow and see what happens
:smug:

EDIT: interesting... I just checked SH commander now and it lists him as being dead which I don't remember happening, but I guess i will 'dismiss' him in SH commander and find someone else to takeover lol.

EDIT2: Nope I just remembered my whole crew are dead, I got taken out by some destroyers in a convoy and turns out I was right above a mine field at the time, I did wonder why my torpedos were detonating prematurely and not actually making it to any of the cargos lol. oh dear...
still doesnt explain why the officer isn't/wasn't appearing though, I will reload the previous save tomorrow and see what SH commander makes of it then.

flag4 05-10-10 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1387653)
The best you can do without altering files is to use SH3 Commander and set the water clarity level to 20.

could this be done during patrol?

Jimbuna 05-10-10 07:45 PM

Normally this corse of action is safe when related to graphics and sounds file changes but personally speaking I prefer to play it safe and wait until I'm back in port.

flag4 05-12-10 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1387909)
Normally this corse of action is safe when related to graphics and sounds file changes but personally speaking I prefer to play it safe and wait until I'm back in port.

thanks for that. at present im out on Rockall Bank and it may be a while untill i return, so i'll wait.:yep:

PappyCain 05-12-10 08:49 AM

Missing Officer?

Gross but true ... I knew of a situation where a valve failed and the victim was partially sucked out the head while on the can. Took his insides out to sea. Check the head!!

:O:

Jimbuna 05-12-10 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PappyCain (Post 1389828)
Missing Officer?

Gross but true ... I knew of a situation where a valve failed and the victim was partially sucked out the head while on the can. Took his insides out to sea. Check the head!!

Would that be Karl-Adolf Schlitt? :DL

http://www.uboat.net/men/commanders/1090.html