SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

morttheslayer 11-06-10 11:49 AM

Ah Ha I'm still around!!

Greetings all especially Zee

Having to spend all my time getting house right for the winter but watching with interest. No time to try latest update (yet) still if I wait long enough Zee usually issues a "fully corrected" version later thus saving me any bother :har: my normal trouble is I don't read the instructions!!

One thing is certain I'll be looking forward to Christmas because that's the time I might get a rest :haha:

Best wishes to Lc, Frinic and the new batch of Panzer Commanders, keep the tracks rolling.

88's rule

Best Regards Morty :salute:

ZeeWolf 11-06-10 04:59 PM

figured the "Save Keys" issue out

Ok guys!:) and Hey morty! :salute:

I figured the "Save Keys" issue out :know:

Saved keys are created and kept here in the following folders:

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps

This location is standard across platforms:

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files.

If you do not have the folders "DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps"
then do the following ; :yep:

1.)Download this file "TvT_saveKeys.7z" by clicking on this line

2.)Drag and drop the DirectX folder in your

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files folder

3.)Now in Tvt set your new keys and see if anyfiles are created
in your new "DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps" folder :ping:

If so your good to go :woot:
if not then your keys where not saved and you OS is blocking it.:o

ZW :salute:

gordonvembu 11-06-10 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1530941)
Ok guys!:) and Hey morty! :salute:

I figured the "Save Keys" issue out :know:

Saved keys are created and kept here in the following folders:

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps

This location is standard across platforms:

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files.

If you do not have the folders "DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps"
then do the following ; :yep:

1.)Download this file "TvT_saveKeys.7z" by clicking on this line

2.)Drag and drop the DirectX folder in your

<drive>:\Program Files\Common Files folder

3.)Now in Tvt set your new keys and see if anyfiles are created
in your new "DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps" folder :ping:

If so your good to go :woot:
if not then your keys where not saved and you OS is blocking it.:o

Excellent work Zee, this really is an appreciated feature. I just tried it, after restarting the key remappings were not saved and the user maps folder was still empty. I am using windows 7 64bit. I think this is the right direction just need to juggle some folders and possibly put the default controls folder into the user maps folder and make the changes there.

ZeeWolf 11-06-10 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonvembu (Post 1531004)
Excellent work Zee, this really is an appreciated feature. I just tried it, after restarting the key remappings were not saved and the user maps folder was still empty. I am using windows 7 64bit. I think this is the right direction just need to juggle some folders and possibly put the default controls folder into the user maps folder and make the changes there.

Before you do that I think the OS is not allowing TvT permission to write
the missing folders and then it must have continued permission to overwrite
current data that it first writes.

If you could highlight the DirectX folder that you installed from the .7z file
then right mouse click on it and study the menu options for that folder

ZW

gordonvembu 11-06-10 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1531043)
Before you do that I think the OS is not allowing TvT permission to write
the missing folders and then it must have continued permission to overwrite
current data that it first writes.

If you could highlight the DirectX folder that you installed from the .7z file
then right mouse click on it and study the menu options for that folder

ZW

That worked. Move DefaultControls file into UserMaps folder. Then carefully edit the key mappings as you wish. Save file. When you start game and go to settings, press default and then press apply and away you go. Thanks again for your help Zee.

ZeeWolf 11-07-10 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonvembu (Post 1531116)
That worked. Move DefaultControls file into UserMaps folder. Then carefully edit the key mappings as you wish. Save file. When you start game and go to settings, press default and then press apply and away you go. Thanks again for your help Zee.

Ok, that is a good temporary fix :up: But I can't let go of the possibility that
Win7 needs authorization. Have you tried to to see if you can save custom
keys while your in the game? While in the game hit the ESC key and enter
the Setting Menu and change some keys then go back in the game for a few
minutes and then exit the game and check the;
" \DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps "
folder again and see if it added any files :DL
And also check to see that the folder names to make certain that they are
exactly like the folder names in the 7z file (if you did not to a drag and drop) :yep:

gordonvembu 11-07-10 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1531131)
Ok, that is a good temporary fix :up: But I can't let go of the possibility that
Win7 needs authorization. Have you tried to to see if you can save custom
keys while your in the game? While in the game hit the ESC key and enter
the Setting Menu and change some keys then go back in the game for a few
minutes and then exit the game and check the;
" \DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps "
folder again and see if it added any files :DL
And also check to see that the folder names to make certain that they are
exactly like the folder names in the 7z file (if you did not to a drag and drop) :yep:

Did as u requested and it did save my reconfigurations. I have disabled user control on my version of windows 7. It is working perfectly now.

ZeeWolf 11-07-10 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonvembu (Post 1531132)
Did as u requested and it did save my reconfigurations. I have disabled user control on my version of windows 7. It is working perfectly now.

That is fantastic gordo man!
:woot:

ZW:salute:

gordonvembu 11-07-10 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1531136)

That is fantastic gordo man!
:woot:

ZW:salute:

U did all the work. I realize u want to generate revenue from your efforts which i totally agree with but here r my thoughts on the future of this amazing sim. Eventhough i enjoy single player offline gameplay, true satisfaction is achieved only thru online interactive gameplay. Now i realize if someone is able to deliver this, it is a one time only revenue grab. Which of course would not be beneficial to that person. It would be much more advantageous to that person to release continual single player content to gain income. I do not subscribe to this way of thinking. What i would like to see occur is for that person to provide a stable multiplayer platform and garner revenue with future added content, such as new maps, vehicles, skins,etc. Obviously u r the only one talented and devoted enough to this niche sim to accomplish this. I hope u will see it this way. I will help u achieve this gratis in any way i can cuz i too bleed ww2 armor combat. Thanks again for all u have done cuz this game would b long 4gotten if it were not 4 ur efforts.

Priscalan 11-07-10 09:39 AM

t34 and windows Seven 64 bits

Zee,
i'm glad:wah:
my T34 don't run with Windows Seven 64 bits. I don't understand:damn:with compatibity xpsp3 too..

frinik 11-07-10 10:01 AM

Le mien marche avec Windows 7

Priscalan ne perds pas courage j' ai 2 versions de Tvst sur mon pc equipe de Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits et ils marchent tres bien.

Je n'ai meme pas eu a le mettre en compatibilite; il se met en compatibilite Windows XP service package 3 par lui meme.Verifie si c' est la meme chose pour ton jeu. Au debut mon jeu ne voulait pas demarrer car il manquait un dossier dll que j'ai du trouver dans l'internet et l'installer.J' ai du aussi re installer Direct 9XC. Depuis tout baigne dans l' huile. Alors il n' y a pas de raisons que cela ne marche pas pour toi non plus.Verifie le message d' erreur que tu recois afin de savoir quel est ton probleme!

Tiens-moi au courant.

Frinik

Priscalan 11-07-10 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1531241)
Priscalan ne perds pas courage j' ai 2 versions de Tvst sur mon pc equipe de Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits et ils marchent tres bien.

Je n'ai meme pas eu a le mettre en compatibilite; il se met en compatibilite Windows XP service package 3 par lui meme.Verifie si c' est la meme chose pour ton jeu. Au debut mon jeu ne voulait pas demarrer car il manquait un dossier dll que j'ai du trouver dans l'internet et l'installer.J' ai du aussi re installer Direct 9XC. Depuis tout baigne dans l' huile. Alors il n' y a pas de raisons que cela ne marche pas pour toi non plus.Verifie le message d' erreur que tu recois afin de savoir quel est ton probleme!

Tiens-moi au courant.

Frinik

Bonjour Frinik,

il ne me dit pas justement quel est le probleme...
Le jeu se charge (version francaise de base, pour tester le fonctionnment), j'accede au panneau de chox de missions et le mission est chargée et que je clique pour la demarrer, ecran noir avec retour a windows avec le message suivant; windows essaie de trouver une solution au probleme et plus rien
je vais voir abvec les m*71.dllet chercher une version plus recente de directX. Par contre, ou puis-je la trouver?
Merci Frinik

frinik 11-07-10 01:24 PM

zlib123-dll

Priscalan il n' y a rien de plus facile.Pour trouver une nouvelle version de Direct X va sur google et tape Direct 9X ou la version que tu desires.Ou bien va sur le site de Microsoft.com il y a une section de "downloads ".

Essaie de voir par le truchement de l internet si Microsoft te trouves la source du probleme.

Ca y est je crois que j'ai retrouve le truc qui manquait pour que TvsT demarre c'est une zlib123-dll. Je l'ai trouvee dans le site suivant: http://www.gzip.org/zlib.

Essaie de telecharger ce dossier dll et de l'installer dans ton pc.Tu peux l ' unstaller soit dans le dossier systeme de Windows ou dans le dossier system32 de ton pc.

Lorsque tu extraieras ce dossier zlibdll tu auras un dossier qui s'appelle include qui va apparaitre et dans lequel tu trouveras 2 dossiers qui s intitulent zconf.h et zlib.h que tu devras placer dans ton dossier windows systeme ou system32 au choix. De toutes facons lorsque tu telechargeras le zlib123-dll il y a un fichier qui explique la marche a suivre.

Bonne chance!

Priscalan 11-07-10 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1531330)
Priscalan il n' y a rien de plus facile.Pour trouver une nouvelle version de Direct X va sur google et tape Direct 9X ou la version que tu desires.Ou bien va sur le site de Microsoft.com il y a une section de "downloads ".

Essaie de voir par le truchement de l internet si Microsoft te trouves la source du probleme.

Ca y est je crois que j'ai retrouve le truc qui manquait pour que TvsT demarre c'est une zlib123-dll. Je l'ai trouvee dans le site suivant: http://www.gzip.org/zlib.

Essaie de telecharger ce dossier dll et de l'installer dans ton pc.Tu peux l ' unstaller soit dans le dossier systeme de Windows ou dans le dossier system32 de ton pc.

Lorsque tu extraieras ce dossier zlibdll tu auras un dossier qui s'appelle include qui va apparaitre et dans lequel tu trouveras 2 dossiers qui s intitulent zconf.h et zlib.h que tu devras placer dans ton dossier windows systeme ou system32 au choix. De toutes facons lorsque tu telechargeras le zlib123-dll il y a un fichier qui explique la marche a suivre.

Bonne chance!

merci Frinik

mais j'ai resolu le probleme entre temps, j'ai trouve la deniere version de directx et ca n'avait rien changé,mais en copiant les 2 dll (msvcr71 et msvcp71) ca a marché et la souris et reconnue:yeah:

je vais qd meme aller sur le lien pour voir ce que c'est , certainement que ca m'aidera pour un autre probleme qui surviendrait:salute:
encore merci pour ta prompte reponse

fivetide 11-07-10 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1524419)
Hi ZW and members,

what has happend, 5 days and i am far behind this forum. So sorry, if i hadnt read everything.
fivetide, your Sherman is beautiful. What about the M4A3 with the late version cupola.
And what about that Jagdtiger? Tamiya? I have that of Otto Carius the Middle Production Type.

Some 30 blogs earlier we spoke with ZW and yes its getting better and better at least with the last types of Panther, Tiger I, Tiger II, Jagtiger, :yeah:Jagdpanther.

ZW, i really cant get off my eyes. I must repeat, the Panther is marvolous.

Trying to finish Kursk mission 3, hopefully i will have a wingman.

Who drove a Tiger I ? Sorry i didnt remember your name. (shame on me) Can you please give us or me some more informations? I mean, what is it like, how loud etc.

Thank you guys, have to go to start KM 3.

LC

PS: Greetings from me too to every new member. This is really a nice comunity. We need some more Beta testers.

MORE EYS WILL SEE MORE:

Hey Lc we had a fantastic Jagdtiger there was a pic of it with frost covering it in snow from Monk it really made your heart pound but I've lost the pic maybe one of the old guys has it and can post it..

Hey Murkz yeah sorry I have been so out of the game... hope all the guys are still around and chatting ?? :)

Gigi69 11-08-10 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1531234)
Zee,
i'm glad:wah:
my T34 don't run with Windows Seven 64 bits. I don't understand:damn:with compatibity xpsp3 too..

I had the same problem on windows seven, solved with copying the two requested DLL (msvcr71 et msvcp71) in TvT directory and in Windows 32 directory.
You can find the files on a pc runnig Windows XP with search function.
ciao

woofiedog 11-08-10 09:47 AM

ZeeWolf... Extremely Mint work with these new updates with the game. Many Thank's!

Priscalan 11-08-10 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigi69 (Post 1531655)
I had the same problem on windows seven, solved with copying the two requested DLL (msvcr71 et msvcp71) in TvT directory and in Windows 32 directory.
You can find the files on a pc runnig Windows XP with search function.
ciao

hi Gigi,

Thanks:salute: that's what I did as I said on the following post:yeah:

cheers

Wilcke 11-08-10 03:02 PM

Well summer is over, rain is here and its time to go hunting again! Just got the latest Mega Update from October! Great work, and looking forward to more in the future.

Love the recoil and flash from the 88 in the gunners position and the sight jumping up off the target!

Awesome man!

Hitman 11-08-10 05:11 PM

Received link and downloaded some days ago, but had not yet been able to test it WOW it makes this game a completely different one. I love it!! Bravo Zulu :salute:

In my humble P4 2.6 2GB DDR3 RAM and Nvidia 8800 GTS it runs OK when lowering details. Pity how much beauty I must miss, but sooner or later I'll upgrade PC and then I will enjoy the graphics as a whole new game :DL