SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   I desperately need certain mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=242763)

Silbervogel 10-09-19 11:27 AM

I desperately need certain mods

Hello there, my good captains! I've been a silent lurker in this community for a while, but now I require your help. I've been watching Wolfpack345's Silent Hunter 3 series on YouTube, and his game looks simply gorgeous. However, an attempt at copying his list of mods (which he so courteously provides in the description of every video) has resulted in my game getting completely borked. Like, I start a new campaign, and the game crashes. I blame it on the lack of certain mods which are in his list, but missing in mine; I'd like to fix it, but some of these mods are nowhere to be found. Here's his mod list, copied from the description section:

*Grey Wolves Expansion
*Sh3 Commander
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey - All Leather] Patch
SHIV U-Boat Missions-Flaggen für SHIII
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
M.E.P v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
Radio Deutschland
Radio England
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation No Eagle (Edited)
German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)
7b-1940-Weiss
U-Boot 7c-II
FixAllSubGWX
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 V3 (edited)
Adaptation for English & Deutsch
Moon_light_mod
Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V2.2
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3
Supplement to V16B1 (old)

I've managed to find most of them, save for:

SHIV U-Boat Missions-Flaggen für SHIII (probably irrelevant as far as the game stability is concerned, but wouldn't hurt for immersion);
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation No Eagle (Edited) (I found the compilation, but not the no-eagle version, and I'm not sure what is edited there);
U-Boot 7c-II (no idea where to look for this one);
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 V3 (edited) (again, not sure where the V3 is, and what is edited there);
Supplement to V16B1 (I have the V16B1 patch kit, but no supplement).

I've tried asking the man himself, of course, but he's gone completely radio silent, and now this forum is my only hope. So if anyone knows a solution to my predicament, I'll be eternally grateful :Kaleun_Salute:

John Pancoast 10-09-19 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbervogel (Post 2631516)
Hello there, my good captains! I've been a silent lurker in this community for a while, but now I require your help. I've been watching Wolfpack345's Silent Hunter 3 series on YouTube, and his game looks simply gorgeous. However, an attempt at copying his list of mods (which he so courteously provides in the description of every video) has resulted in my game getting completely borked. Like, I start a new campaign, and the game crashes. I blame it on the lack of certain mods which are in his list, but missing in mine; I'd like to fix it, but some of these mods are nowhere to be found. Here's his mod list, copied from the description section:

*Grey Wolves Expansion
*Sh3 Commander
M.E.P v6
Radio Deutschland
Radio England
7b-1940-Weiss
U-Boot 7c-II
FixAllSubGWX
Moon_light_mod
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final

SHIV U-Boat Missions-Flaggen für SHIII (probably irrelevant as far as the game stability is concerned, but wouldn't hurt for immersion);
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation No Eagle (Edited) (I found the compilation, but not the no-eagle version, and I'm not sure what is edited there);
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 V3 (edited) (again, not sure where the V3 is, and what is edited there);

I've tried asking the man himself, of course, but he's gone completely radio silent, and now this forum is my only hope. So if anyone knows a solution to my predicament, I'll be eternally grateful :Kaleun_Salute:

Don't know about the rest, but the Supplement part is a separate folder in that patch kit itself. If you don't see it, try downloading the patch again.

You place that folder in your JSGME mods folder to activate it.

Silbervogel 10-09-19 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2631531)
Don't know about the rest, but the Supplement part is a separate folder in that patch kit itself. If you don't see it, try downloading the patch again.

You place that folder in your JSGME mods folder to activate it.

Oh, right. It's right there in the archive, among other files. Apparently, I wasn't paying enough attention. Thanks for making me see it :)

John Pancoast 10-09-19 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbervogel (Post 2631535)
Oh, right. It's right there in the archive, among other files. Apparently, I wasn't paying enough attention. Thanks for making me see it :)

Easy to do. Stiebler's patch file has a similar arrangement.

Aktungbby 10-09-19 04:49 PM

Quote:

Hello...has resulted in my game getting completely borked.

Silbervogel!:Kaleun_Salute: 'borked' to the surface after an eight year silent run:Kaleun_Wink:

THEBERBSTER 10-10-19 06:17 AM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Silbervoge
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Anvar1061 10-10-19 09:54 AM

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/ima...aleun_Wink.gif
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...6&postcount=56
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=123

David I 10-10-19 09:59 AM

Silbervogel

Page 4 of the U-Boat Compilation Topic in the SHIII Mod Workshop on this site. By WC Wolf. Remember the mod is in lieu of the Original not a patch to be added to the original.

David I

Silbervogel 10-11-19 04:17 PM

Thank you all, my fellow Kaleuns! For the warm greetings and for the links :) I've finally assembled to mod list to my liking, and it even seems to work... for now, at least. A relief to see such a wholesome community :Kaleun_Cheers:

Captain Johno 12-12-20 01:36 AM

Quote:

*Grey Wolves Expansion
*Sh3 Commander
M.E.P v6
Radio Deutschland
Radio England
7b-1940-Weiss
U-Boot 7c-II
FixAllSubGWX
Moon_light_mod
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final

How did you go Silbervogel? I think I have been successful, but not sure what the "U-Boot 7c-II" file is? Any clarification if you know would be helpful. Other than that if your missing another files I'll throw you some links.

Anvar1061 12-12-20 02:08 AM

It's my mod
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=123

CassiousClay 12-12-20 04:41 AM

I watch Wolfpack's youtube videos as well and also see he lists some "GWX" mods in the description as some of the mods he's running. To me that means he's running The Grey Wolves eXpansion (GWX) pack mod which is what sub simmer's call a 'mega' or 'supermod'.

I also like how his game looks and runs but I'm a bit confused on which version of GWX he's actually running. There's many different versions of the Grey Wolves mod. To my knowledge the newest one is GWX3 Gold and that's what I'm using. I'm only running that mod, and no others, because when you run multiple mods there's a risk of them conflicting with each other. Because of that my suggestion is either

A) you wait to see if he replies, maybe ask that question on his newest video that might have a better chance of being replied to.

B) Install the mod pack labelled as he described it exactly, just GWX.

C) Install the latest version of the GWX3 mod.

The latest version of GWX3 (Gold) is not what he is running. I can tell you that for sure since it's what I'm using.

I know GWX3 is available here on this site. I'm not sure the Gold version is here, I got it from the grey wolves site directly which is where you'll also find older versions if they aren't here.

Bergerbcn 12-12-20 04:47 PM

Hi, where i can download the Stiebler 4C_Subs Flag? I'm looking in subsim download section but i dont found this mod.

John Pancoast 12-12-20 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergerbcn (Post 2713296)
Hi, where i can download the Stiebler 4C_Subs Flag? I'm looking in subsim download section but i dont found this mod.

Don't think it's available anymore. What are you wanting to mod and what is your current mod list ?

Wolfpack345 12-12-20 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CassiousClay (Post 2713103)

I also like how his game looks and runs but I'm a bit confused on which version of GWX he's actually running. There's many different versions of the Grey Wolves mod. To my knowledge the newest one is GWX3 Gold and that's what I'm using. I'm only running that mod, and no others, because when you run multiple mods there's a risk of them conflicting with each other. Because of that my suggestion is either

Yes I am using GWX 3.0 Gold + the other mods in the description. GWX can be downloaded from Subsim or the GWX website like you said.