SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] A Girl in Every Port (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121154)

Digital_Trucker 08-27-07 02:43 PM

[REL] A Girl in Every Port

Have you got (or do you want) lots of nice pictures for your desktop in your "office" in SH4? Don't want to have to manually change which one shows up, but you want a different one every time?

Well, have I got a deal for you! Based on Fred8615's excellent idea, here is "A Girl in Every Port" and "Fraulein Im Jedem Hafen" (thanks Doolittle81 for the hint to do this version). Download and install this program, put your desk photos in the new folder in your game and your all set for a new girl for every patrol. Just before you enter your "office" in port, press the hotkey (you choose it when you install the program) and a new picture is copied into your game in the correct location to show up on your desk. Be surprised to see which of your beauties shows up on your desktop (so to speak:rotfl: ).

Fred8615 will be making a post soon with his picture packs reorganized to work with this program (if you don't want to rename and reorganize them yourself).

Please be sure to read the enclosed ReadMe file carefully for installation and usage instructions.

Please note that the picture resolution is different for the German Kaluen's desk and pictures created for the "Girl in Every Port" version of this program will have to be resized to appear correctly if used with the "Fraulein Im Jedem Hafen" version.

Anyone can use, package and/or host this application as long as Fred8615 and I are given credit and as long as the app is provided free of charge and you receive no compensation of any sort from any source for providing it.

Updated to version 1.1 to fix a limitation on the number of pictures allowed. A maximum of 10,000 pictures are allowed now.

Credits : Fred8615 for the excellent idea to do this application and for suggestions on its
implementation (and, of course, all the fine pictures that created the need for this type of app) and Doolittle81 for suggesting the "Kaluen's edition".

Download at Subsim Downloads

Kaluen's edition (Fraulein Im Jedem Hafen) at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=604

This application requires the .NET 2.0 framework.

fred8615 08-27-07 04:50 PM

As promised, I have reformatted my three Captain's Desk Photos mods to work with A Girl In Every Port. I also redid CDP 1 to 32 pics of just Danni Ashe. The George Petty pin-ups will be coming back in an expanded fourth version.

I'm also mirroring the A Girl In Every Port program on my site.

http://www.bts-mods.com/forums/index.php?topic=780.0

I want to publicly thank Digital Trucker for writing this for me. I couldn't write a program to add 1+1, and he did this over the weekend!

You da' man!!! :rock:

fred8615 10-05-07 01:00 PM

I just discovered there's a file number limit with GIEP. If you have more than 1000 TGA files, it gives an "Error reading main folder." It does this whether the files are in sub-folders or not, but isn't affected by any other filetype in the Captain'sGirls folder.

So you can't use all 9 of my CDP files at one time. :cry:

Digital_Trucker 10-05-07 07:24 PM

Oooooooooooooooooooooops!

I knew there was something I forgot to put in the documentation. :damn: My apologies:oops: . I'll take care of it and get a new one posted soon. I'll bump it up a notch to 10000. I hope that will be enough :rotfl:

sqk7744 10-05-07 08:18 PM

THANKS Digital_Trucker and fred8615

Nice work:up::up::up:

Digital_Trucker 10-05-07 08:27 PM

It's up

Version 1.1 now available with a maximum of 10,000 pictures. If you have more than that, heaven help you :rotfl:

http://files.filefront.com/GIEP11rar.../fileinfo.html

fred8615 10-08-07 07:37 AM

Thanks!! I'll mirror it on my site later. BTW, you should probably remove the old version.

10,000 images. A target to shoot for!! :rotfl:

Nuc 10-11-07 03:13 PM

Error copying picture

I have done both a JSGME and manual installation of the original and version 1.1 and keep getting an error message "Error copying picture into game" Any ideas as to cause? ( I have checked and double checked the install location)

Thanks

Digital_Trucker 10-11-07 04:08 PM

What operating system are you using, Nuc? If you're using Vista then there may be possibilities that I am not aware of.

If you are using XP, I can think of a couple possibilities as to the cause. One of the causes could be that there is no Data\CaptainPicture folder in the same folder with the program. This could either be caused by incorrect installation or the original blahblahblah\Data\CaptainPicture folder being deleted somehow. The other possibility that comes to mind is that the blahblahblah\Data\CaptainPicture\Picture.tga file is a read only file.

If neither of those is the case, let me know and I'll try to dig deeper into the problem.

Nuc 10-12-07 08:11 PM

Error copying picture

I am using XP sp2; None of the picture files are read only; I believe I have everything in the right place as described below. Thanks for taking the time to think about it. -Nuc

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\CaptainPicture\picture.tga

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GirlInEveryPort\GirlInEveryPort.exe

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GirlInEveryPort\Captain'sGirls

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GirlInEveryPort\Captain'sGirls\shannan leigh 11.tga

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
What operating system are you using, Nuc?
One of the causes could be that there is no Data\CaptainPicture folder in the same folder with the program. This could either be caused by incorrect installation or the original blahblahblah\Data\CaptainPicture folder being deleted somehow. The other possibility that comes to mind is that the blahblahblah\Data\CaptainPicture\Picture.tga file is a read only file.

If neither of those is the case, let me know and I'll try to dig deeper into the problem.

Digital_Trucker 10-12-07 08:25 PM

Just an install problem, it looks like, Nuc. Basically everything that's in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GirlInEveryPort folder should be in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific folder and you can then delete the empty GirlInEveryPort folder.

i.e. C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GirlInEveryPort\GirlInEveryPort.exe should be C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\GirlInEveryPort.exe

I'll have to take a look at the install instructions and make sure that it's a little more explicit. Sorry for the problems and hope this clears it up for you.

Nuc 10-13-07 06:54 AM

Error copying picture

Got it Thanks

ironkross 10-22-07 10:26 PM

Just did a search for shannan leigh. :o

fred8615 10-23-07 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironkross
Just did a search for shannan leigh. :o

Can I pick'em or what? :up:

Max Peck 11-16-07 09:18 AM

Slight problem I am having, everytime I run the Girl In Every Port exe, I get an error message saying

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Any ideas? I installed it via JSGME per the instructions in the readme. Have also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it several times with the same result.