SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Zw Members and E-mail (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=161406)

ZeeWolf 02-06-10 01:15 PM

Zw Members and E-mail

Dear Project ZeeWolf Members,

UPDATE: It looks like the e-mail log jam has broke! I just received a ton of messages from last week :DL

update: The problem is they (Your E-mail Hosts) most likely consider me a Spammer!

update: Download the v1 (Last weeks MO update) link again same password but the zip has the new 2B update.

I have been un-successful with all attempts with Yahoo.com

If you have not received[e-mails from me] in the last few days the problem
(I was assured by my host) is on your end. I do not know what the issues
could possibly be but we need to get this resolved. So if you have not
received your "Members Only Link" please talk with me with a PM.

ZW :salute:

frinik 02-06-10 01:34 PM

PM

ZW I sent you a PM.

Cheers

Frinik

Chucky 02-06-10 02:10 PM

Last e-mail I received was the 4th February.Not sure if I replied to it so have sent reply again.

Hitman 02-06-10 04:19 PM

I received one, but when trying to reply I got the "mail status delivery failiure" error :hmmm:

ZeeWolf 02-06-10 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 1260192)
I received one, but when trying to reply I got the "mail status delivery failiure" error :hmmm:

Hi Hit man my email's is being blocked on only a handful of guys for sure.
If you could resend me a message I will receive it and us a new e-mail
to send it.

ZW

morttheslayer 02-06-10 06:24 PM

ZW members and E-mail

Zeewolf

Have you shot the lines down mate?? :haha:

Seriously I haven't had any e-mails since the first mod you sent out on
30 Jan. Can't think what the problem is. I have sent you an e-mail today
hope you received it OK.

Sometimes using the "reply" instead of sending an e-mail from scratch can
cause problems with some ISPs/security filters.

Anyway hope if this is a problem it can be easily resolved.

I await orders (like you do if you're a good Panzer Commander)

ATB Mort

ZeeWolf 02-06-10 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morttheslayer (Post 1260333)
Zeewolf

Have you shot the lines down mate?? :haha:

Seriously I haven't had any e-mails since the first mod you sent out on
30 Jan. Can't think what the problem is. I have sent you an e-mail today
hope you received it OK.

Sometimes using the "reply" instead of sending an e-mail from scratch can
cause problems with some ISPs/security filters.

Anyway hope if this is a problem it can be easily resolved.

I await orders (like you do if you're a good Panzer Commander)

ATB Mort

Hey Morttheslayer, :salute:

Just download the v1 link again same password but the zip has the new 2B update.
I still can not e-mail you. I got your e-mail but I get a instant error message when
I send a reply.

Always something :yep:

ZW

frinik 02-07-10 01:36 AM

Yahoo Mail

Mort,Hitman, Chucky are you all using Yahoo mail? Because I am and I havne't been able to receive any email from ZW since last Sunday.It may be Yahoo-specific .They are updating their email website to a bigger and bigger screen resolution(as if we cared ....) and this may be causing problems.Do you have ZW' s email address in your list of contacts? I am going to add it and see if it makes any difference.

I was finally able to get the new download using other means.It' s wonderful.You can read my full report on the FIXES for ZW Mods thread.

Good luck Guys!

Frinik

LcSummers 02-07-10 02:42 AM

E-Mails

Hello ZW and members,

My last e-mail I received was the 4th February too. After contacted you, i was able to download your newest update.

YOU WROTE:

Thanks LC,
I have to say when preparing the file by deleting the data to the models
this release did not include I made an error and left a few "/" in the code,
sorry :oops:
I am now uploading the ZW_MO_T34vTigerUpdate_v2B.zip

No new message just Download the same link and password again it has the Hitpoint script fixed.

I wrote:

Now i tried for some minutes the last mission,

it works and rocks

fantastic, KV 85 smoking

Cool
THANKS

This was my last pm to receive.

LC

Hitman 02-07-10 02:47 AM

Quote:

Mort,Hitman, Chucky are you all using Yahoo mail?
No, I'm using hotmail. I can reply and I send the message, but then I receive a notice of server being unable to deliver mail :hmmm:

Never mind, solved it per PM with Zee

Chucky 02-07-10 04:41 AM

No,I am using e-mail via my ISP (Pipex)
I have now received ZW's latest file though.:up:

uk-recce 02-07-10 06:35 AM

Hi all, I'm on Yahoo as well and have had nothing since 30th Jan, but have used the last sent link and have patch 2B so it aint so bad.
Cheers

morttheslayer 02-07-10 08:32 AM

Yahoo should now be Yaroo

Zeewolf & Frinik
Yes BT internet use yahoo so you must be right about the disruption Frinik. Have just D/L the latest update as ZW kindly sent it e-mail with link via SubSim. Thanks guys this is what I call support and I appreciate it greatly, always try to respond quickly since you give such good feedback.
I sent a couple of messages too many the other day as a reported server problem (when I submitted) mislead me into thinking the message hadn't got through.
I'm sure we'll all get there eventually and thanks again for making sure I got the link. (All other e-mails I send and receive seem to be OK but I will monitor).
:up: Great Job
Mort

frinik 02-07-10 10:14 PM

FPS on TvsT

I concur with you Mort great support form ZW!:up:

Just to compare notes with you guys how many FPS do you average with the game?. What kind of graphic card do you have with dedicated or shared mem?

I average about 12 FPS( with antialiasing and forest animation turned off the rest at 80% and a screen resolution of 1024 X 768).My gc is an ATI Radeon with 512 mgs dedicated and 1794 shared.I also have the game on a laptop with an Nvidia 7000 (256 dedicated) and with aa and forest animation turned off & the rest low and S.R. of 800 x 600)I average 8.4

Cheers

frinik 02-08-10 10:38 AM

Server´s back!

ZW and all members affected by the server problem.Good news I started getting all of ZW´s email sfrom the last few days. The problem seems to solving itself.

Cheers

ArmorEtr 02-10-10 07:29 AM

How much does it cost to become a ZW member? I think last I checked it cost $50, which seemed pretty steep for a mod in my opinion. I did play that free mission awhile back and definitely like what I see.

frinik 02-10-10 08:44 AM

Too much????

Well ArmorEtr considering that Zw is alone modding and taking that game out of the ashes and the mods and missions he has already created and is creating with new large maps, new playable vehicle, bugs fixed , improvements in all areas and new missions it´s cheap considering first rate support!

I paid 35 euros for that game back in 2008($ 45 approx) and what did I get, a bug ridden, unfinished game with 12 missions, no support and a bankrupt distributor.Hell $ 50 is probably what you pay to fill your tank every month or so.
Anyway nobody´s obliged to pay and join.

Wilcke 02-10-10 11:17 AM

Its well worth it as the genre deserves that attention that Zee has given this title. This type of WWII tank action has been greatly ignored. I love it! TvT is now just a fantastic experience. I only purchase 1-2 PC titles a year at the most so sending $50 was an easy decision after checking out his work on the Christmas Gift release!

ArmorEtr 02-10-10 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1263461)
Well ArmorEtr considering that Zw is alone modding and taking that game out of the ashes and the mods and missions he has already created and is creating with new large maps, new playable vehicle, bugs fixed , improvements in all areas and new missions it´s cheap considering first rate support!

I paid 35 euros for that game back in 2008($ 45 approx) and what did I get, a bug ridden, unfinished game with 12 missions, no support and a bankrupt distributor.Hell $ 50 is probably what you pay to fill your tank every month or so.
Anyway nobody´s obliged to pay and join.

Well, that's what I'm asking about, whats available right now and what will be available in the future? I just wanna know what I get for my money. I understand that we're funding an ongoing project. Is there a detailed list of whats available and release dates for future updates?

Sorry if I missed this info, haven't been here in awhile. I couldn't find this info at ZWs website.

frinik 02-10-10 10:58 PM

Too much???

ArmorEtr, my suggestion is that you Pm ZW and ask him; first of all if you can still join( only he can make that decision) and what would you get for the money you paid.However If my memory serves me right there's a post in one of the threads where somebody else asked him the question and he answered. To sum up; in addition to brand new large size maps, new tanks models both playable and non playable for both German and Soviet sides, new ZW-made missions, campaign in different environments( night, rain, fog, winter and autumn),he is also going to increase the scope of the game both in terms of numbers and make it eventually into a war-long sim covering all campaigns from 1939 till war end.What he can actually achieve before the one year membership is up I can't tell but those of us who invested in him believe he can deliver a lot.And if later on, ongoing financial contributions are needed he can count on mine!

Now for the rest, my advice is to find out from ZW himself.

Cheers