SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

Onealex 09-14-21 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoiga (Post 2768325)
YES. Like this.

Is there no plobrem for UZO?

As you can see on the video there is no problem (1940)

shoiga 09-14-21 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2768326)
As you can see on the video there is no problem (1940)

Mmmm…

OK. Thank you.
I will try .

shoiga 09-14-21 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoiga (Post 2768328)
Mmmm…

OK. Thank you.
I will try .

UZO fixed!
I don't know why…

But Thank you very much!

Boche 09-14-21 10:58 AM

Hello ONEALEX! have to say I started with your mod yesterday and the time I played I really enjoyed it. It looks like the mod ive been looking for for a long time.


Bad thing is, I saved on my return trip but I cant load the save :( it gets to the black loading screen and crashes there. Ive tried reloading previous saves (I saved a couple of times before) but same thing happens...any advice?


Thank you.

Onealex 09-14-21 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boche (Post 2768368)
Hello ONEALEX! have to say I started with your mod yesterday and the time I played I really enjoyed it. It looks like the mod ive been looking for for a long time.


Bad thing is, I saved on my return trip but I cant load the save :( it gets to the black loading screen and crashes there. Ive tried reloading previous saves (I saved a couple of times before) but same thing happens...any advice?


Thank you.

Hello.
All advices regarding to saves are dedcribed in GWX 3.0 manual (documentation folder).
My practice says:
1 Make saves only when your boat is surfaced.
2 There should not be any ship/airplane arround your boat (20-50 km).
3 Make saves from a distance of 150 km from ship which was sunk.
4 During a patrol make 10-15 saves.
5 Do not use Alt + TAB during a patrol.
But sometimes these advices are not work and the game makes CTD. Just live with those rules )

Doolar 09-14-21 01:40 PM

re
 
I use a few more:

1.Stop music on Gramophone
2. Let game run at 1x for at least 5-10 minutes before saving ( kinda let the
game and computer "settle down" a bit )
3. Exit game in the Command Room or on the NAV Map view

just my opinion. With These suggestions and ONEALEX'S suggestions above, SAVE GAME issues are mostly non-existent. I myself have never had an issue. Hope this helps. Jerry from CA45

Onealex 09-14-21 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doolar (Post 2768418)
I use a few more:

1.Stop music on Gramophone
2. Let game run at 1x for at least 5-10 minutes before saving ( kinda let the
game "settle down" a bit )
3. Exit game in the Command Room or on the NAV Map view

just my opinion. With These suggestions and ONEALEX'S suggestions above, SAVE GAME issues are mostly non-existent. I myself have never had an issue. Hope this helps. Jerry from CA45

Yes good advices Jerry.

Dieselglock 09-14-21 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2768369)
Hello.
All advices regarding to saves are dedcribed in GWX 3.0 manual (documentation folder).
My practice says:
1 Make saves only when your boat is surfaced.
2 There should not be any ship/airplane arround your boat (20-50 km).
3 Make saves from a distance of 150 km from ship which was sunk.
4 During a patrol make 10-15 saves.
5 Do not use Alt + TAB during a patrol.
But sometimes these advices are not work and the game makes CTD. Just live with those rules )


This along with Doolar's advice is good advice. May I also add do not save if in the middle of a function like torpedo loading and such.


I have found the GWX ONEALEX edition to be one of the most stable mods I have played including SH3,SH4 and SH5.

Onealex 09-15-21 05:34 AM

SH Commander update for GWX Onealex Edition 1.50. The main link has been updated:
1 Correction of maximum depths for all u-boats. Now using the SH Commander "Randomize u-boat crash depth" function will be correct relative to the maximum depths of u-boats in the game.
2 Added the ability to enable the "Set wave height: Seasonal" function, which makes the waves in the game dependent on the season.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaV...ew?usp=sharing

dex 09-15-21 08:37 AM

About first mission in base Bergen
 
greetings OneAlex,just little thing about Bergen,maybe bug .... time of transfer nov.1942
I move to Bergen from 10th flotilla Lorient and first mission is still Caribbean area (Ed47) ...I was fight a lot in this area(Caribbean patrol planes,american warships...) and I want some different location for example cold north,north Norway,attack on convoys to Russia maybe
Is there a chance to see maybe some iceberg in the water...
I got message from Bdu about some action in area Novaya Zemlya,german warships against allies

Onealex 09-15-21 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dex (Post 2768580)
greetings OneAlex,just little thing about Bergen,maybe bug .... time of transfer nov.1942
I move to Bergen from 10th flotilla Lorient and first mission is still Caribbean area (Ed47) ...I was fight a lot in this area(Caribbean patrol planes,american warships...) and I want some different location for example cold north,north Norway,attack on convoys to Russia maybe
Is there a chance to see maybe some iceberg in the water...
I got message from Bdu about some action in area Novaya Zemlya,german warships against allies

Hi.

1 You have SH Commander and you can choose new grid for patrolling manually or randomly
2 Icebergs you can find here...
https://d.radikal.ru/d10/2109/5b/6df9728a8600.jpg

dex 09-15-21 08:57 AM

about base Bergen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2768584)
Hi.

1 You have SH Commander and you can choose new grid for patroling manually or randomly
2 Icebergs you can find here...
https://d.radikal.ru/d10/2109/5b/6df9728a8600.jpg

Really...Interesting..I must try,thanks

Boche 09-15-21 11:16 AM

Thank you for the replies :) seems to be working if I follow those rules. Never had any issue saving with other mods so was never used to using them.


thanks again.


PS: One quick question. What is the state of allied surface radar equipment per year? Im in Jan 1942 and im trying to stalk a convoy but it seems im getting derected when im far off and they come and charge me.



Maybe it is how its supposed to be but AFAIK its a bit early for that in the war. Thank you! Having fun so far.

Onealex 09-15-21 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boche (Post 2768626)
Thank you for the replies :) seems to be working if I follow those rules. Never had any issue saving with other mods so was never used to using them.


thanks again.


PS: One quick question. What is the state of allied surface radar equipment per year? Im in Jan 1942 and im trying to stalk a convoy but it seems im getting derected when im far off and they come and charge me.



Maybe it is how its supposed to be but AFAIK its a bit early for that in the war. Thank you! Having fun so far.

Different ships have different radars in different war periods )
Try to be submerged during attack or take a good position and wait. You can also be detected when u-boat has high speed and surfaced. Probably from 8-10 km but it depends on u-boat's speed/u-boat's type/waves/fog/sunlight/crew rating on the enemy ship etc. In my mod there are a lot of changes related to detection skills so you should pay attention on everything

Boche 09-15-21 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2768641)
Different ships have different radars in different war periods )
Try to be submerged during attack or take a good position and wait. You can also be detected when u-boat has high speed and surfaced. Probably from 8-10 km but it depends on u-boat's speed/u-boat's type/waves/fog/sunlight/crew rating on the enemy ship etc. In my mod there are a lot of changes related to detection skills so you should pay attention on everything


It was a flower class corvette. Weather was not good but not that bad either. And I was totally surfaced. Maybe I should go decks awash? jeje.



Thanks for the information :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.