SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

VAseMkIII 10-26-10 05:47 PM

Ok running win 7 ultimate its a hp hdx 16 laptop 4gig ram 2.27 ghhz dual core 4 meg ram this rig runs crysis and arma at almost 40 fps what systems specs do you need to help me

fivetide 10-26-10 05:49 PM

Sorry Steve I always call you Mark lol hows things ?
**** man just found out about Albert .. he was a top man..
Hey ZW not a problem if you want the firefly skins I still have them somewhere.. I’ll dig them out :)

VAseMkIII 10-26-10 05:51 PM

Really well dude just in the throws of helping with a major rebuild on tiger :) you have been away far too long dude and its been too long a time but graet to have you back in the saddle

ZeeWolf 10-26-10 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAseMkIII (Post 1522320)
Having driven a tiger for real there is pratcially no way you can drive one with you hanging outof the drivers hatch its impossible

That's what I thought too VAseKKII. It could be a place a guy could sit like
the gunner while they are in transit behind the lines. Having driven a real
Tiger you could see if that would be possible or not.

ZW

VAseMkIII 10-26-10 05:54 PM

well you could if your arms and legs were mutated enough :) drive a tiger hanging out the hatch that is, Yes Monk is very sad loss to us all in the tank sim world I and the guys miss him deeply.

ZeeWolf 10-26-10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAseMkIII (Post 1522335)
Ok running win 7 ultimate its a hp hdx 16 laptop 4gig ram 2.27 ghhz dual core 4 meg ram this rig runs crysis and arma at almost 40 fps what systems specs do you need to help me

Ok, could you tell me if you installed DirectX 9C at the time you installed
TvT the first time ?

ZeeWolf 10-26-10 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAseMkIII (Post 1522345)
well you could your arms and legs were mutated enough :)

As you know most guys will refer to images of guys that they assume are the
driver. But I thought to explain these images a guy could simply have his
lower legs in the hatch opening and sitting on the hull top. Just a guess

VAseMkIII 10-26-10 06:00 PM

yes I did, your work is fantastic zee it adds so much more depth and dimension to the game but it must be playable. This game could clean up in so many ways, I just want it to be the best it can be.

VAseMkIII 10-26-10 06:01 PM

Thats it exactly Zee ineed say no more than that :)



Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1522347)
As you know most guys will refer to images of guys that they assume are the
driver. But I thought to explain these images a guy could simply have his
lower legs in the hatch opening and sitting on the hull top. Just a guess


ZeeWolf 10-26-10 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 1522338)
Sorry Steve I always call you Mark lol hows things ?
**** man just found out about Albert .. he was a top man..
Hey ZW not a problem if you want the firefly skins I still have them somewhere.. I’ll dig them out :)

Skins is a place I always need help and if you created some firefly skins I would love to see them tide.

VAseMkIII 10-26-10 06:03 PM

Zee did you get my pm last night??

ZeeWolf 10-26-10 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAseMkIII (Post 1522355)
Zee did you get my pm last night??

No I didn't get that yet let me check it out

VAse,
I just PM'd you back mate!

ZW

fivetide 10-26-10 06:19 PM

I dont know if my skills are up to date i'm 3 years behind I have been working on this

its trying to sim cast ironhttp://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4562/castiron2.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1209/castiron.jpg

I'm only a very slow novice although I do have the whole thing UV'ed

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3213/uvsa.jpg

Except tracks etc.. although I do have alot of un skinned models

But I would like to get back in the groove
http://yfrog.com/7ecastiron2j

fivetide 10-26-10 06:31 PM

Although I really want to skin this

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7076/10077932t.jpg

fivetide 10-26-10 07:06 PM

ZW I know from reading the thread you want to make money from you work and I totally back you on that 100% I think you should and like the rest of the treadhead community I think you should get rich from producing an excellent WW2 tank sim.
Please let me tell you a few points that over the years my friends like Steve NSU Albert etc have come to a conclusion about what makes a commercial WW2 tank sim work..
If you want to attract a lot of interest you need to aim at the US market, that means Desert Warfare and especially Normandy… I know this sounds strange but most played scenario in Panzer Elite .. “ Barkman’s Ridge” U.S player’s from my experience over the last 12 years want to re-live those 3-6 months of fierce fighting, I’ll quantify this, when we had a panzer elite ladder there was 1 British armoured corp’s and 19 U.S and if memory serves me right about 35 Germany. Although we had Russian Corps none where actually Russian players, just few people trying out the Soviet tanks etc.
MP is the community builder, if you get that good/right then everything else ( Patches , skins upgrades) will fall in line and you will make a lot of money. MP is at the heart of WW2 tank sims, its where the ultimate realism is, but it’s also the hardest code to crack unfortunately. Our community had a lot of people who never played MP who loved PE solo but they were the ones who created MAPs scenarios etc. which became the most loved MP maps.
We played on really crap PE MP but there was a lot of us wanting to play on the 4 v 4 for hours and hours..
Well that’s my opinion I have been part of the tread head community since I helped on the Panzer Commander Beta I Beta’ed Panzer Elite with Taut and Helped Tripwire go commercial on RO, I was also the one who bitched Lighthouse Interactive to push TvT out before they went bust.. I set up T34vtiger.com
And I have to say in the last 13 years you ZW have done more for this treadhead community and gone further than anyone else ( except possibly NSU) than anyone I salute you : ) I will help you as much as I can I promise.

O_Smiladon 10-26-10 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 1522388)
ZW I know from reading the thread you want to make money from you work and I totally back you on that 100% I think you should and like the rest of the treadhead community I think you should get rich from producing an excellent WW2 tank sim.
Please let me tell you a few points that over the years my friends like Steve NSU Albert etc have come to a conclusion about what makes a commercial WW2 tank sim work..
If you want to attract a lot of interest you need to aim at the US market, that means Desert Warfare and especially Normandy… I know this sounds strange but most played scenario in Panzer Elite .. “ Barkman’s Ridge” U.S player’s from my experience over the last 12 years want to re-live those 3-6 months of fierce fighting, I’ll quantify this, when we had a panzer elite ladder there was 1 British armoured corp’s and 19 U.S and if memory serves me right about 35 Germany. Although we had Russian Corps none where actually Russian players, just few people trying out the Soviet tanks etc.
MP is the community builder, if you get that good/right then everything else ( Patches , skins upgrades) will fall in line and you will make a lot of money. MP is at the heart of WW2 tank sims, its where the ultimate realism is, but it’s also the hardest code to crack unfortunately. Our community had a lot of people who never played MP who loved PE solo but they were the ones who created MAPs scenarios etc. which became the most loved MP maps.
We played on really crap PE MP but there was a lot of us wanting to play on the 4 v 4 for hours and hours..
Well that’s my opinion I have been part of the tread head community since I helped on the Panzer Commander Beta I Beta’ed Panzer Elite with Taut and Helped Tripwire go commercial on RO, I was also the one who bitched Lighthouse Interactive to push TvT out before they went bust.. I set up T34vtiger.com
And I have to say in the last 13 years you ZW have done more for this treadhead community and gone further than anyone else ( except possibly NSU) than anyone I salute you : ) I will help you as much as I can I promise.

Amen Brother!

O_Smiladon

ZeeWolf 10-26-10 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 1522366)
I dont know if my skills are up to date i'm 3 years behind I have been working on this

its trying to sim cast ironhttp://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4562/castiron2.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1209/castiron.jpg

I'm only a very slow novice although I do have the whole thing UV'ed

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3213/uvsa.jpg

Except tracks etc.. although I do have alot of un skinned models

But I would like to get back in the groove
http://yfrog.com/7ecastiron2j

Looks pretty good tide, what program do you model in and what is the vertex count of this model.:up:

ZeeWolf 10-26-10 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 1522388)
ZW I know from reading the thread you want to make money from you work and I totally back you on that 100% I think you should and like the rest of the treadhead community I think you should get rich from producing an excellent WW2 tank sim.
Please let me tell you a few points that over the years my friends like Steve NSU Albert etc have come to a conclusion about what makes a commercial WW2 tank sim work..
If you want to attract a lot of interest you need to aim at the US market, that means Desert Warfare and especially Normandy… I know this sounds strange but most played scenario in Panzer Elite .. “ Barkman’s Ridge” U.S player’s from my experience over the last 12 years want to re-live those 3-6 months of fierce fighting, I’ll quantify this, when we had a panzer elite ladder there was 1 British armoured corp’s and 19 U.S and if memory serves me right about 35 Germany. Although we had Russian Corps none where actually Russian players, just few people trying out the Soviet tanks etc.
MP is the community builder, if you get that good/right then everything else ( Patches , skins upgrades) will fall in line and you will make a lot of money. MP is at the heart of WW2 tank sims, its where the ultimate realism is, but it’s also the hardest code to crack unfortunately. Our community had a lot of people who never played MP who loved PE solo but they were the ones who created MAPs scenarios etc. which became the most loved MP maps.
We played on really crap PE MP but there was a lot of us wanting to play on the 4 v 4 for hours and hours..
Well that’s my opinion I have been part of the tread head community since I helped on the Panzer Commander Beta I Beta’ed Panzer Elite with Taut and Helped Tripwire go commercial on RO, I was also the one who bitched Lighthouse Interactive to push TvT out before they went bust.. I set up T34vtiger.com
And I have to say in the last 13 years you ZW have done more for this treadhead community and gone further than anyone else ( except possibly NSU) than anyone I salute you : ) I will help you as much as I can I promise.

Thanks tide :salute:
I want to definitely use your help and advice man! :up:

ZeeWolf 10-26-10 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 1522373)
Although I really want to skin this

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7076/10077932t.jpg

This could be a reality. The Tiger II is modeled I just need to reduce the poly count and prepare it for tvt.

fivetide 10-26-10 07:50 PM

ZW sorry cant remember but we ran it in NSU’s crysis mod with no problem its actually quite low oh I use 3ds max to skin .. we have over 50 ww2 models built.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.