SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

derstosstrupp 01-08-21 07:47 PM

Can confirm about commander, I just pulled down the latest version 1.37, and commander is a part of it, working smoothly.

ericlea 01-09-21 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doolar (Post 2719807)
1st: addressed to ericlea, the "Thermocline + Best Radar + Aircrafts" perso mod. How is this activated

2nd: addressed to any and all, can I use SH3 Commander ?

thanx, just get'n my game plan down

as for all mods, place it in MODS folder, then open jsgme.exe and active the mod (switch it from left to right side)
:Kaleun_Cheers:

Onealex 01-11-21 02:46 PM

1.38 version has been uploaded...

Rickster1 01-11-21 03:40 PM

interiors

Hi, just wondered if your mod has full interiors ie like Flakmonkey,s please

Onealex 01-11-21 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickster1 (Post 2720495)
Hi, just wondered if your mod has full interiors ie like Flakmonkey,s please

No. It makes overload on PC so I have decided to remove it in version 1.28 in order to save resources and better stability

John Pancoast 01-11-21 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2720497)
No. It makes overload on PC so I have decided to remove it in version 1.28 in order to save resources and better stability

Wise decision. :salute:

Rickster1 01-11-21 04:07 PM

Ok thanks I understand why but I feel the full interiors adds so much atmosphere to the game

Leoz 01-15-21 05:41 PM

WOW. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Leoz 01-16-21 02:14 AM

OneAlex,

Just trying this out on a 1941 patrol with the 7th flot.

Running 1.38.

Very nice. Very well done.

Only issue I have is I run English text with German voices.

No German voices.

I can copy German audio from another install but I don't know where that would be located in the game.

Feel free to PM me if you want to give me a set of game tasks to test out. Would be happy to do it.

ericlea 01-16-21 04:50 AM

did you go into the game + options and select germain voices ?
and properly validate ?

Leoz 01-16-21 06:00 AM

Was just stopping by.

I was sure that I did but then checked again and German voices were not ticked.

So hopefully that is taken care of.

Leoz 01-16-21 06:03 AM

BE6422

Spotted a 44,000 Brit Liner NE at 15 knots.

Got ahead of it. Eventually sunk it.

However the game didn't record the "its going down". Never showed up in the in-game (K command list as sunk).

So phantom ship.

That was without using SH3 Commander.

Might do another career and start the game with SH3 Commander.

Still, a lot of fun.

One guy on a paddle raft was actually paddling toward me once I surfaced. Too funny.:Kaleun_Cheers:

Leoz 01-16-21 06:06 AM

I like the spotting distances for aircraft. Enemy aircraft are a bit closer to you when spotted. I think this is OK as aircraft in many instances could be hard to spot.

Again, fun.

John Pancoast 01-16-21 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoz (Post 2721802)
BE6422

Spotted a 44,000 Brit Liner NE at 15 knots.

Got ahead of it. Eventually sunk it.

However the game didn't record the "its going down". Never showed up in the in-game (K command list as sunk).

So phantom ship.

That was without using SH3 Commander.

Might do another career and start the game with SH3 Commander.

Still, a lot of fun.

One guy on a paddle raft was actually paddling toward me once I surfaced. Too funny.:Kaleun_Cheers:

Check your en_menu.txt file for the message; it may simply be edited out vs. a phantom ship.

Onealex 01-16-21 11:12 AM

https://youtu.be/vBHpWKvJN6g

Leoz 01-16-21 05:48 PM

Running a new career, 1940 with 7 Flot.
1.38 launched with SH3 Commander.
Going very well. Fun level high.
Have set realism where Weap Officer can ID ships. There are so many different kinds of ships in this I have not learned them all.
Cool too, is various Merchants are moving faster, 10 plus knots in some situations.
Very cool.

Leoz 01-16-21 05:53 PM

Cool video.
Am using New Water (Atlantic). Will eventually have to try out all of those to see what I like best.

Leoz 01-16-21 06:13 PM

This was that first patrol I mentioned not using SH3 Commander. 7 Flot 1941.
The red dots were my estimate of air threat range (1000Km). In reality it may have been further.
Air threat made me crash dive a few times. Again, I like it that the air threat appears a bit closer to you.
Blue arrows are the route I took to my patrol. Then, got out of the air threat and asked for a new grid.
Then eventually went home.

https://i.imgur.com/YHKCbP2.jpg

derstosstrupp 01-16-21 06:35 PM

I just started using OneAlex’s pack, and I’m loving it (as a longtime NYGM player). I love the motion of the boat in even moderate seas. Makes matching course/speed on the surface way more challenging, and sometimes makes me forego matching and opt for simple eyeball estimation - a welcome change, since you get used to being successful using a particular method and it’s nice being forced to switch it up from time to time.

So I just want to say, as someone who is a diehard for historical simming, excellent work and thank you OneAlex!

Doolar 01-17-21 12:24 AM

Question

Got a question. I'm trying to make adjustments for the CAM-SHIP. I can find all references to the M36B that I'm to change the Unit Type from 102 to 8, except in the Data/Champaigns/Champaign/ RND.mis and SCR.mis files. Help needed ? . I find a ton of unit type=102 but nothing for class=M36B. Posibility I missed. My wife says I can't find my sunglasses on my head. Thanx my friends