SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Fifi Compilation for OM+OMEGU (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240804)

Niume 06-23-19 02:52 AM

How long do we need to wait to get these sweat changes in our sh4?

Niume 06-23-19 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2612975)
Second one is finished! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Here is the type IXB in 1944...and you can see he has a winter garden :03:

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...1-resultat.jpg

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...1-resultat.jpg

Now will start an other one :ping:

Just like TYPE VIIC41 it has these weird tubes but in the conningtower. Maybe it's extra storage space?

Fifi 06-23-19 03:52 AM

Yes, it looks like 4 external torpedoes storage :yep:

Kaxii 06-23-19 04:35 AM

I am unsure about the Type IX, but in the case of the Type VII they are life raft containers added later on in the war (at the point when external torpedo storage began to be no longer used).

Niume 06-23-19 04:54 AM

After last patrol I have some suggestions to make.
1. WAY TOO many neutrals in convoys. The current situation is that British ships in convoy is minority in OM.
2. Recheck the neutral situation. I just got court martialed because i sank Dutch, Norvegian ships in Convoy. Isint that if ship is in a convoy it's automaticly counted as enemy?

Fifi 06-23-19 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2615380)
After last patrol I have some suggestions to make.
1. WAY TOO many neutrals in convoys. The situation is that British ship is minority in OM.
2. Recheck the neutral situation. I just got court martialed because i sank Dutch, Norvegian ships in Convoy. Isint that if ship is in a convoy it's automaticly counted as enemy?

Waohh!! Never had martial court for « neutrals » :o

Neutrals in OM are nothing like others SH.
Re-read Lurker thread, i know he is talking about them, and how they are handled in his mod...
It seems it’s up to the Kaleun to decide if a « neutral » has to be sunk.
After identification, look at the nav map what color their country towns/harbors have.
If it’s red, you can sink them, black you should not...
Double check when those countries entered in war with Germany (dates) to be sure.

Never had problem with that, even though you have to let go many ships. Soon or later you’ll encounter British :yep:
I kind of like the way we have to find the right ones :D

Niume 06-23-19 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2615385)
Waohh!! Never had martial court for « neutrals » :o

Neutrals in OM are nothing like others SH.
Re-read Lurker thread, i know he is talking about them, and how they are handled in his mod...
It seems it’s up to the Kaleun to decide if a « neutral » has to be sunk.
After identification, look at the nav map what color their country towns/harbors have.
If it’s red, you can sink them, black you should not...
Double check when those countries entered in war with Germany (dates) to be sure.

Never had problem with that, even though you have to let go many ships. Soon or later you’ll encounter British :yep:
I kind of like the way we have to find the right ones :D

But the problem is that 80% of convoys are made up of neutrals. And it isint realistic at all.

propbeanie 06-23-19 02:19 PM

What year is it Niume? The campaign is basically the same thing that lurker built, and he based his convoy make-ups to represent the real convoys. He could not make them as big as they were in real life usually, but they are supposedly similar in percentage to the originals' make-up... :salute:

Niume 06-23-19 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2615466)
What year is it Niume? The campaign is basically the same thing that lurker built, and he based his convoy make-ups to represent the real convoys. He could not make them as big as they were in real life usually, but they are supposedly similar in percentage to the originals' make-up... :salute:

Late 39. Near coast of Spain

Fifi 06-23-19 04:09 PM

Yes there are many neutrals in convoys, but they are not so neutral as you may think.
As i told you, like the Norwegians late 1939/beginning 1940 they are not neutrals but ennemies :yep:
You can sink them as the Panama ones!
Idem for the Swedish...or the Dutch...as far as their countries are in RED on nav map!

Just like in real life, many U-Boats sunk those nationalities first year of war :yep:
I can give you plenty examples of real U-Boat victories in 39/40 with the nationalities above.

Don’t Sink any Greeks though

Niume 06-24-19 01:33 AM

One annoying thing that I noticed is that sonarman spews out contacts like crazy then near convoy and it changes the tc. It's really annoying closing to convoy because of that.
Maybe in the update the could immplement a button which mutes/unmutes the hydrophone?
And I noticed that convoys then attack act really weirdly sometimes they stop.

Fifi 06-24-19 01:59 AM

If you don’t want to hear the hydrophone man announcements, just take it out of the slot and put it in the rest room.

For the convoys behavior, i don’t see what you are experiencing, and i’m Afraid i can’t do nothing... don’t know how Lurker worked on that.
I’ve already encountered convoy, and all was fine. After my attack, they changed heading while zigzagging as usual (don’t even remember if they slowed down?)
What i recall is a destroyer came near the cargo sinking, and waited all stopped for a moment...like if they tried to save some cargo crew!

Niume 06-24-19 05:20 AM

How long do we need to wait for the update ? Personally i can't wait. I check this thread everyday

Fifi 06-24-19 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2615530)
How long do we need to wait for the update ? Personally i can't wait. I check this thread everyday

I think i have one more U-Boat to import/adapt (the VIID mine layer) and the current VIIC41 i’m About to finish this afternoon...
But you make me think i didn’t have a look at the « modern » ones! I even never tried them ingame! I don’t know if they are good or not...(types XIV, XVIII, XXIII)

After that i’m Waiting for my friend S7rikeback to solve a deck view problem i can’t find out...(when starting a mission, the default deck view is not at the right place and we have to move the view using arrows to be at the right place each time starting mission - not a game breaker, but...)

And unfortunately real life brings damn problems too (2 days ago i broke my nice car in a stupid accident with stupid drivers :timeout: )

Be patient for a little bit more :O:

propbeanie 06-24-19 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2615514)
... And I noticed that convoys then attack act really weirdly sometimes they stop.

Besides what Fifi mentioned about "normal behavior", the convoy's "Column spacing" can affect the convoy's reaction. If big ships are generated in a convoy with the column spacing set too small, they can do some strange maneuvers. I'll look through the campaign files for that for Fifi as I'm checking the dates on things, while he continues with those beautiful conversions he has done, other than:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2615534)
... 2 days ago i broke my nice car in a stupid accident with stupid drivers :timeout:

Ouch! I feel your pain on that! It is not only expensive sometimes, but can be a time-eater, and ~very~ inconvenient. No one was hurt, hopefully? :salute: