SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Development Updates (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226377)

ReallyDedPoet 08-25-23 06:40 PM

Nice :yep:

Usurpator 09-01-23 08:12 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week has seen Oscar submit a ton of engine fixes, as well as the addition of all the engine sounds. Major fixes to bots have been introduced and some desync issues have also been fixed.
The subpen bunker has seen three new iterations with more models and details being added every time by Einar. Axel has continued integration work with the new UI and has been bugfixing in close contact with our testers!

ReallyDedPoet 09-01-23 07:13 PM

Usurpator 09-08-23 12:55 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week Oscar and Axel has been working on finishing the bots for the diesel engines and electric motors, as well as fixing lots of bugs. Several new versions has been released to the testers. Einar has been working on the U-boat bunker.

NTurano 09-14-23 11:59 PM

Spanish version

Now that it's on Steam. It would be ideal if you considered doing the translation into Spanish.:Kaleun_Wink:

Usurpator 09-15-23 03:52 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week Oscar has been working on bugfixes for the radio and engine room bots. Einar has continued work on the U-boat bunker. Axel has mostly been doing some new builds due to absence caused by a stomach flu. We've just released a new version to the testers, and a stable version is on the horizon.

Usurpator 09-22-23 10:07 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week Axel has been working on adding the mission editor, which is one of the final parts of the new UI, as well as some minor bugfixes. Oscar has been fixing bugs and is currently updating the radio and enigma station, making it more user-friendly. Einar has finished modeling another section of the U-boat bunker.

ReallyDedPoet 09-22-23 01:55 PM

Usurpator 09-29-23 08:58 AM

Hello everyone!

This week Axel has mostly wrapped up the new mission editor and corresponding UI, some issues remain and will be fixed early next week before a new test build will be created for the testers. Oscar has been working on bugs in the Enigma station, and Einar has been decorating the interior of the u-boat.

Skillsko20 10-01-23 07:57 AM

When is a new update coming?

Hello, I would like to ask when there will be a new update on Steam or a beta on Steam in addition to the progress made so far. I would be very happy to receive an answer.

Aktungbby 10-01-23 10:33 AM

Welcome aboard!

Skillsko20!:Kaleun_Salute:

ReallyDedPoet 10-02-23 10:05 AM

Welcome to SUBSIM Skillsko :yep::up:

Usurpator 10-06-23 12:43 PM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week Axel has finished the mission editor and will start fixing crucial issues next week (specifically torpedo reload interface and some issues with the height-measuring line in the recognition manual. Oscar has been redesigning the Enigma and radio station. Before it was three separate states: The radio, the morse key and the Enigma machine. Now they are a single station, and the interface and message handling has been streamlined. It will be available for testing soon.

Fanders 10-11-23 02:11 AM

Good job! I look forward for the next patch!

Will there be an option to save a game in the future? My friends and I have limited playing time, and often it feels like we are rushing the missions, instead of taking it cautiously. If you had been able to save a game, the gaming experience would have been completely different, when you know you can take it easy and continue another evening.

Just a humble suggestion from a 4 child father with limited time :D

Usurpator 10-13-23 08:38 AM

Weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week Axel has finished the mission editor, and a test build has been deployed to the testers to chew on over the weekend! He is eagerly awaiting feedback on it, and will in the meantime work on fixing the torpedo reloading UI, a small logbook UI widget and lastly fixing the height measuring line in the recognition manual.
Oscar has completed the new radioman station, and has been working on the new radioman bot UI. He will spend the next week fixing latency issues in the real time radio/morse code. Einar has been working on further detailing the U-boat interior.

Usurpator 10-13-23 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanders (Post 2887779)
Good job! I look forward for the next patch!

Will there be an option to save a game in the future? My friends and I have limited playing time, and often it feels like we are rushing the missions, instead of taking it cautiously. If you had been able to save a game, the gaming experience would have been completely different, when you know you can take it easy and continue another evening.

Just a humble suggestion from a 4 child father with limited time :D

Hello! We've gotten this request from others as well. Unfortunately this won't be an option in the near future, but we are aware of it.

Fanders 10-14-23 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usurpator (Post 2888023)
Hello! We've gotten this request from others as well. Unfortunately this won't be an option in the near future, but we are aware of it.

Great! I totaly respect that you have more important features of the game to work with in this state. It's good to know that you are aware of the request though :up:

Kör hårt!

Fidd 10-17-23 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usurpator (Post 2888022)

This week....He will spend the next week fixing latency issues in the real time radio/morse code. Einar has been working on further detailing the U-boat interior.

That is SUPERB news for the radio operators out there using morse, I know it's driven a few around the bend...

Usurpator 10-20-23 10:15 AM

weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week Oscar has been working on finishing the new radioman bot UI. Einar is working on various details for the U-boat interior. Axel has fixed the torpedo reloading interface, as well as some minor issues reported with the mission editor. He has also added some features for the localisation, which should now be feature complete and almost bug-free. The localisation package will be included in the next update, allowing you to play Wolfpack with your custom-made language packs (see below for example in Swedish). We also plan to make language packs publishable to the Steam workshop.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...a6b63d612b165&

Usurpator 10-27-23 03:40 PM

weekly update

Hello everyone!

This week Axel has given the recognition manual / "C-menu" a passthrough, adding quality of life features. It has been reworked to better adapt to different monitor configurations, and it uses available screen real estate more efficiently. This is a first-pass, and we have more plans for this menu in the future. Einar is modeling new assets for the U-boat. Oscar has been working on the radio room making the real time Morse protocol more stable under high latency conditions.