SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

boonie 05-06-22 09:11 AM

continuing on the 2 weird c3 kills:

- i think it actually might be the 2 c3 i killed earlier on, i kept patrolling around the vicinity, like kind of never exceeding 60km away from the sinking spots so the wreck never really despawns so maybe the pc went wonky after i did some time compression and it got back up and started on its merry way again therefore when i sink it again it was not counted and no 'she's going down' confirmation. :hmmm:

- how far away do i have to go before a wreck actually despawn?

jorca2 05-16-22 06:14 PM

I've tried the mod and it's spectacular. There are no bugs and it works great.
I have only observed that tools such as the ruler, the protractor, the compass... do not face north and it is uncomfortable for me to do target tracking calculations.
Also the disk of two spheres that is in the upper part of the navigation map when I go to use it I have seen that one of its spheres does not rotate, which is not useful to me at all. I have already reported all this on the discord channel, I am telling it here to see if anyone uses a mod that solves this problem. Thanks for this cool mod!!

boonie 05-17-22 12:04 AM

question:

-on my last patrol (patrol 9, april'40), met a french freighter, it has lights shinning on its flag (neutral?) but on my nav map french cities are red. can i attack it? i remember reading one radio message stating all french merchant ships are to be left alone except french military boat. so it that a legit target or not?

Cattro 05-18-22 04:52 AM

Ships not spawning?

Weird one, I'm on Onealex 1.52, but no ships seem to be spawning in. I haven't seen a single other boat or plane in any port, friendly, or in the ocean. Feels empty. I've followed the installation to the letter and done as I normally would - anyone else had this issue crop up? 1.46 was working fine for me. :ping:

blackswan40 05-18-22 06:10 AM

Hi Cattro A warm welcome to Subsim Salute Sir sounds like a corupted install have you run the SCR Sripted Leyer and RND Random leyer through the mission editor to see ships and convoys spawning

check this have you ticked no map contacts updates on difficulty settings just a thought

post a screenie of your mod list in Jsgme and order they are actived then the Mod Gurus have something to go on you could try disabling other mods just have the OneAlex mod active if all is fine add other mods individualy to find the culprit thats causing the issue.

Cattro 05-18-22 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackswan40 (Post 2809162)
Hi Cattro A warm welcome to Subsim Salute Sir sounds like a corupted install have you run the SCR Sripted Leyer and RND Random leyer through the mission editor to see ships and convoys spawning

check this have you ticked no map contacts updates on difficulty settings just a thought

post a screenie of your mod list in Jsgme and order they are actived then the Mod Gurus have something to go on you could try disabling other mods just have the OneAlex mod active if all is fine add other mods individualy to find the culprit thats causing the issue.

Hello Blackswan, Thanks for a quick reply I'll give it all a go. Cheers

jorca2 05-18-22 01:52 PM

in august 1939 we are not only supposed to be at war only against poland? I say this because I receive messages from headquarters ordering me to attack and sink ships. I understand that the first missions are patrols in the ordered quadrants.

kyle9154 06-24-22 03:53 PM

Feel free to join Onealex and the rest of the community that plays his mod on his discord :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

:Kaleun_Wink:https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

Sangamon Taylor 07-15-22 12:21 PM

Weather limitations on use of the snorkel

Are there any modeled in this mod?

Sangamon Taylor 08-04-22 04:31 PM

April 11, 1945, 07:20 - Game crashes every time.

The game has been stable for the entire war. I've managed to survive into 1945. I'm trying to get back to Trondheim from Grid AK before the war ends. When the game gets to this date and time (April 11, 1945, 07:20) it crashes, every time, no matter what I do. Is this a known bug?

propbeanie 08-04-22 04:37 PM

Two culprits come to my mind: 1. there is either something trying to spawn near your current position at that time, OR - 2. if you are listening to a radio station in the game, there is an event that is causing the crash. Could be something else, but you have an exact time and date...

Mad Mardigan 08-04-22 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2821546)
Two culprits come to my mind: 1. there is either something trying to spawn near your current position at that time, OR - 2. if you are listening to a radio station in the game, there is an event that is causing the crash. Could be something else, but you have an exact time and date...

Sh3, unlike SH4... does NOT have radio available.

There is NO radio to listen to, as there is in 4.

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

FUBAR295 08-04-22 05:37 PM

Could be a date conflict in a mod, that usually causes a CTD.

List your mods if you are using any.

Sangamon Taylor 08-05-22 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR295 (Post 2821563)
Could be a date conflict in a mod, that usually causes a CTD.

List your mods if you are using any.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\GWXOnealex\SH3\MODS]

Negative buoyancy
New Water (Atlantic)
Units without ponytails
Higher Air Strike Probability
U-Boat IXB OS Spikes Green
Late Sensors Compilation
Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas

Mad Mardigan 08-05-22 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangamon Taylor (Post 2821663)
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\GWXOnealex\SH3\MODS]

Negative buoyancy
New Water (Atlantic)
Units without ponytails
Higher Air Strike Probability
U-Boat IXB OS Spikes Green
Late Sensors Compilation
Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas

Only mod, that I'm not recognizing, is that "U-Boat IXB OS Spikes Green" one... :hmmm:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.