SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

GrenSo 10-25-21 04:58 AM

Hi Alex,

I'm not 100% sure, but is this mod actually legal if you don't need an installed SH3 for it and you can just play it without a license key? :hmmm:

Onealex 10-25-21 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2775860)
Hi Alex,

I'm not 100% sure, but is this mod actually legal if you don't need an installed SH3 for it and you can just play it without a license key? :hmmm:

Hi. As I know the patching of exe file removes Starforce protection etc. That's why I always tell to everyone that user must have license copy of Silent Hunter 3 to be honest with devs.

Dieselglock 10-26-21 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2775802)
New version has been uploaded.

GWX Onealex Edition v1.51 - changelog:
1. Added a new effect - engine explosion (sound taken from KSD II).
2. Added the sound of a fire alarm on the ship when there is a fire.
3. Added sonar sounds that are randomly selected by the game.
4. Added new keyboard shortcuts:
Shift + M-follow nearest sound contact
Shift + W-follow nearest warship sound contact
Shift + H - normal sweep.
5. Changed the campaign in the Atlantic Ocean. Reworked some convoys to make the game more stable.
Changed the speed of convoys and single ships. Added traffic.
6. Correction of the thermo layer settings.
7. The sound bug of the signal flare has been fixed. Now the sound is different under water and over water.
8. Fixed a bug when some destroyers did not have aft bomb throwers.
9. Minor fixes.

Alex you have really out done yourself on this one. This is awesome. June 21 1941 near DT26 sunk 4 ships in a convoy the effects are fantastic. Thank you for your work.

SnipersHunter 10-26-21 01:25 AM

Hey Alex thanks for the great new update. Would it be possible for future updates to additonally provide the updated files only that we can replace so we dont have to download the full folder all the time?

Onealex 10-26-21 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2775953)
Hey Alex thanks for the great new update. Would it be possible for future updates to additonally provide the updated files only that we can replace so we dont have to download the full folder all the time?

Hi. No. Update process will not change.

kyle9154 10-26-21 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2775953)

I'd just wait and finish your current career/campaign with 1.50 and then update to 1.51 if you don't want to have to restart.

dex 10-26-21 06:40 AM

about downloading new updates

Greetings Onealex,what is wrong with download link...or my ad blocker ad for google chrome causing problems
https://i.ibb.co/PcPLfCt/Screenshot-2.jpg

Onealex 10-26-21 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dex (Post 2775971)
Greetings Onealex,what is wrong with download link...or my ad blocker ad for google chrome causing problems
https://i.ibb.co/PcPLfCt/Screenshot-2.jpg

I have no any trouble

dex 10-26-21 07:18 AM

about downloading

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2775972)
I have no any trouble

Hi Onealex,i managed to realize what is problem,google chrome...
I download your update 1.51 with Microsoft Edge without any problem
Greet you

Onealex 10-26-21 08:02 AM

Additional information for all. Please make your saves away from sunk ships (more than 150 km) Yesterday I had a good patrol and all saves after convoy attack were broken. Today I have made a new attack on a single ship and then made a save in a distance of 150-200 km and it was ok. Hope it will help you to avoid loss of tonnage )

John Pancoast 10-26-21 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2775976)
Additional information for all. Please make your saves away from sunk ships (more than 150 km) Yesterday I had a good patrol and all saves after convoy attack were broken. Today I have made a new attack on a single ship and then make a save in a distance of 150-200 km and it was ok. Hope it will help you to avoid loss of tonnage )

Used to be 50km would work; has that changed ?

Onealex 10-26-21 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2775977)
Used to be 50km would work; has that changed ?

Maybe not. But this game has some magic )))

John Pancoast 10-26-21 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2775978)
Maybe not. But this game has some magic )))

:up:

CapZap1970 10-27-21 01:52 PM

Alex, in the version 1.51, inside the MODS folder we have 2 separate mods, the "New Water (Arctic)" and the "New Water (Atlantic)".
What is the difference between those 2 mods and the water that comes as default?

Thanks for your reply! :up:

Onealex 10-27-21 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapZap1970 (Post 2776150)
Alex, in the version 1.51, inside the MODS folder we have 2 separate mods, the "New Water (Arctic)" and the "New Water (Atlantic)".
What is the difference between those 2 mods and the water that comes as default?

Thanks for your reply! :up:

New Water (Arctic) it is my environment for North area (Norway). New Water (Atlantic) - it is my environment for Atlantic area and it is different from my default environment. All these mods have different colors of water.