SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Essential Steam Friendly SH5 Mods? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210732)

Brodie9666 01-21-14 03:09 PM

Essential Steam Friendly SH5 Mods?

Hiya,

So after recently listening to the AMAZING "Thunder Below!" audiobook, I felt an over-powering urge to fire up my copy of Silent Hunter 5, which I must admit I neglected to play very much the first time around (I think I didn't get much further than the first few missions!). This, I would like to point out is not through any fault of SH5, but because of other, more immediate concerns cropping up, as they often do!
Anyway after tearing through my PC Desk and cupboards and failing to find my DVD copy anywhere, I jumped onto Steam and was happy to find that they had it on sale and so snapped it up!
Now I know that it has its issues and I know from previous SH games (much like past Egosoft games) one of the best aspects of them is the amazing Modding Commuinity.

So i'm here to ask that which has probably been asked a dozen times already, what (in your experienced) opinion are the most essential "Steam Friendly" SH5 Mods?

I'm after something which would expand the variety of ships and missions.
Something to to make the already amazing graphics more photo realistic and the weather more dynamic.
In a previous Silent Hunter there was a mod which had historic radio broadcasts and music playing at the correct times, that if its still available is something i'd love.

Thanks in advance.

Brodie

Raven_2012 01-21-14 09:36 PM

All the mods are Steam friendly so its up to you to decide which ones to use. The only thing you can't use in Steam version is the TDW Patcher, which fixes a lot of bugs off the bat, mainly the hydrophone fix is worth it.

The main mods most people have are:

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober

FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith_Patch_1

R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2

OPEN HORIZONS II v2.4

Those really are the core mods to make SH5 function right. The other mods are for personal preference.

The equipment mods allow for you as a player to get access to all the equipment throughout a campaign, of course you have to purchase them with renown.

FX adds better effects to the game. IRAI adds much better and harder AI.

R.E.M. fixes some broken antenna and periscopes. Without this mod, periscope always stick outs of uboat and round antenna doesn't retract or come out of sub.

Open Horizons II adds a longer and better campaign, with traffic in ports.

:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie9666 (Post 2166133)
Hiya,

So after recently listening to the AMAZING "Thunder Below!" audiobook, I felt an over-powering urge to fire up my copy of Silent Hunter 5, which I must admit I neglected to play very much the first time around (I think I didn't get much further than the first few missions!). This, I would like to point out is not through any fault of SH5, but because of other, more immediate concerns cropping up, as they often do!
Anyway after tearing through my PC Desk and cupboards and failing to find my DVD copy anywhere, I jumped onto Steam and was happy to find that they had it on sale and so snapped it up!
Now I know that it has its issues and I know from previous SH games (much like past Egosoft games) one of the best aspects of them is the amazing Modding Commuinity.

So i'm here to ask that which has probably been asked a dozen times already, what (in your experienced) opinion are the most essential "Steam Friendly" SH5 Mods?

I'm after something which would expand the variety of ships and missions.
Something to to make the already amazing graphics more photo realistic and the weather more dynamic.
In a previous Silent Hunter there was a mod which had historic radio broadcasts and music playing at the correct times, that if its still available is something i'd love.

Thanks in advance.

Brodie

GT182 01-25-14 06:14 PM

Where do you find Serge65 and gap's compatibility patch + fixes v2?

SH5 is finally reinstalled and I'm just starting to reinstall mods. I haven't heard of this mod, but it sounds important.

volodya61 01-25-14 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182 (Post 2168022)
Where do you find Serge65 and gap's compatibility patch + fixes v2?

SH5 is finally reinstalled and I'm just starting to reinstall mods. I haven't heard of this mod, but it sounds important.

all these patches and fixes are already included in the latest OHII v2.4..

Brodie9666 01-26-14 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 2168023)
all these patches and fixes are already included in the latest OHII v2.4..

Ah so by just installing OHII v2.4 alone I will overcome many if not all of the bugs and glitches that where left in the base game, and on top of that supplementing my SH5 gameplay by extending the campaign?

I guess with just installing this mod by its self I need not worry about Steam compatibility?

volodya61 01-26-14 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie9666 (Post 2168399)
Ah so by just installing OHII v2.4 alone I will overcome many if not all of the bugs and glitches that where left in the base game, and on top of that supplementing my SH5 gameplay by extending the campaign?

No.. OHII v2.4 just contains all the fixes that were made for the OHII v2.3.. it doesn't contain fixes for the whole game and all the stock game bugs..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie9666 (Post 2168399)
I guess with just installing this mod by its self I need not worry about Steam compatibility?

All the mods are compatible with the Steam copy of the game except those mods which were made for the compatibility with the patches of the Generic Patcher by TDW and you can't use Generic Patcher itself with the Steam exe as well..

DrReaper 08-25-15 05:38 PM

IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith is missing off the internet. The patch for it is still available.