SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 10-16-10 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1515803)
Zee one question of general interest are we supposed to uninstall all your previous releases prior to installing the October beta release or can we simply overwrite?

You mention default TsvT which I am not sure you mean a clean instal of the game or what?

Cheers and thanks:yeah:

I will change that, but you can overwrite :up: This new update will make all
previous releases obsolete.

Here is some help provided by a new Project ZeeWolf member for those how
have Win7:

You need to disable user access control.
This is done by typing UAC in the search programs and files boxes
That will bring up the UAC window and bring the slider to the minimum which is
equivalent to disabling UAC. The system has to be rebooted.
It installs fine then.
Presumably you can put the UAC back where it was after installing to protect the PC.

Cheers :salute:
ZW

frinik 10-17-10 12:51 AM

October Release Preliminary Report

Hi Zee and fellow ZW members.

I have finally managed to successfully test the October beta release.

i'll sum up my findings with a three letter word; WOW! Fellow ZW an friends brace yourselves you are going to love it!

After an unsuccessful instllation on my laptop last night .I installed successfuly but it did nto overwrite the original files s I looked for new chnages scratching my head all along I decided to give a night sleep.

|I did the installation on my pc with Windows 7 and it worked very well. I played the first new Soviet mission.Wow!Lots of T34s and SU85s attacking a great sight to see compared to the paltry Soviet missions in the original games with a dozen tanks or so.Great atmosphere, wide open spaces, artillery and guns pounding.Within 5 minutes I received no less then 6 hits and my tank was disabled.I looked on as my fellow Red tankers surged forward.I took quite a beating.....

I played the new German number 2 mission as well and with nice changes.I almost succeeded but I was so taken by the new gorgeous Tiger looking at it from the outside ) that I got killed by a SU while staring.There were barely 2 Sov tanks left.I finished the mission with 8 tanks and 3 AT destroyed.

One bug I can report.When tabbing the missions at the end the T34/76 are not displayed nor counted in the final tally.I killed 3 T34/76 on the road and they were not counted nor could I see them displayed amongst the kills.

Otherwise, great new Tiger although I hope that in the final alpha release they'll have camo colours?They're nice in Tan but they need to get dressed:D.

The new Tiger works very well and the speeds have been adjusted realistically so no more speeding Tiger.This is great.I also like the new display panel with the word "brake" on it.Very clear.

I also like the Panzer IV G in the new camo.I'd like that camo for our new Tigers.:yeah:

FPS-wise, very good fps from 33 to 60 in the German 2 mission and 11 to 15 in the new first Soviet mission heavy and replete with tanks and artillery. It's normal that the fps would go down but even then it played smoothly.

Great accomplishment Zee.I also like your new intro when the game starts very nice .Unfortunately I have been unable to test more as I have chores to do.But I will continue my testing later today.

Thus very positive first impression I'll give it a 9.5/10.Only one minor bug reported.Otherwise very stable and very spectacular.

Excellent work Zee your members are going to be delighted.Thanks and tanks

It's Tanksgiving early this year...:woot:

Cheers and much to rejoice:salute:

Hitman 10-17-10 03:07 AM

Looks like this will indeed be a ver merry Xmas :yeah:

Looking forward to the final version :rock:

LcSummers 10-17-10 03:49 AM

Beta Test

Hello ZW and Beta testers,

my first impression is WOOOUUUWW!!! Great. Commodore Frinic said the most important things but i have some discoveries made too. Some are of my point of view others are not.
The Panther is not displayed this time, am i right?

The first thing i tried was the Kursk Mission #2. There i saw my new Tiger one (without cammo as Frinic mentioned). If its possible, i would later prefer some more mud cause a 69 Ton beast tears up everything, maybe some spare tracks and some towing cable as seen in many pictures. This is only a suggestinon for the future. BUT wait the antenna is still there.:yeah:
ZW, you mentioned to make the turret with the high cupola, so i dont want to go deeper.
Kill marks on the gun, Panzerabteilung markings too:D
The interface is great, with brakes on, stations wich are not controlled by me or AI are blue. COOL.

A little bug in the Kursk mission: When i fired up my, sorry the Tigers engine it stalled at 800 RPM, so i had to give a little bit more gas to avoid it.
I set the clutches and saw black smoke from the exhaust.:rock: Thats really nice. Wait wait wait. The envirionment , grass too fantastic.

Many tanks on either side i had about 5.5 to 4.5 FPS in Kursk mission.

ZW why is there a big difference in FPS between Single missions and Campaign? I tried the new russian mission with many tanks (SU 152 were there too) i had about 11-15 FPS. This was really great.

Another thing is thats its hard to make a difference between destroyed tanks. I saw sme P III and SU 122 wich seemed in perfect condition but they weredestroyed. So from a distance i shot them many times untill i realized they are out of action.
Is in the future a possibility to have a damage model for the new tanks, maybe black motor and gun pointing downward. I know this is beta and we are a long way from a finished sim. I only wanted to mention this too.

One thing thats disapointing me is the AI. There is alot of woods out there, the russian tanks are fireing from 1200m through the forrest an i take some hits. I really cant see them and to be fair it would be the other way around. The AI is much superior to me but considering the fact that a tank would fire though woods, it should hit trees and not tanks. Even when i am 200 meters away from a tank in the woods i cant see it but they are knocking me out.

I liked that mission when the Tigers had to occupy a village and te russian tanks were shooting at you from its outscirts where they saw the enemy.

So i said this is my point of view i never want to critisize anybody because i cant make a sim like ZW did.

All in all a great improvement in everything, the only thing that annoyed me was the superior AI with a to dense forret to fight th enemy.
Its areal improvement and thats for sure that you are making a great job ZW, not mention the new tanks. Step by step its getting a real sim.

Thanx ZW, weiter so Kamerad.

LC :D

Priscalan 10-17-10 04:30 AM

Hi Zee,

As Frinik, I am very impressed by the work done in recent months..:up:

Details of the new Tigers are beautiful (the tow rope is raised, the tower lost its launching smoke, new map transparent ...) :salute:
a bug for IL2 with a very strange flight, like the following view
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...9-32-11-70.jpg
... or tanks floating in the air :har:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...8-32-40-28.jpg
The multiplayer menu, returns automatically singleplayer:damn:
The first note for this beta is for me to 9.999/10:know:

Cheers, I continue:D

LcSummers 10-17-10 07:58 AM

German Mission 2

WOW!!!!

ZW, you made a fantastic job. This mission i really enjoyed to the fullest. The Tiger tank is marvelous. With tow cable in the previous blog i meant that if its possible to attach them to the hooks like in real life. THIS IS ONLY A SUGESTION. ITS NOT A MUST!!!! like the spare tracks.

Is the flag available in Beta? Great job. I had about 25 FPS, minor bugs but really great. This is for me 10 out of 10 points.:yeah:

The trees, grass, new bushes. Wow. Sorry ZW, i have to finish right now, must go back to try it again.

Thanx

Lets go on like this.

LC

Priscalan 10-17-10 09:59 AM

T34.bat

Hi Zee,

I made a batch file to start with your TVSt "DeleteCache.bat" and thus clear the cache on every boot of T34.
This file is put in the root directory of the T34.
The DelteCache.bat file put in directory T34/cache /

open the windows notepad and copy and paste the lines below:

::
:: Execute DeleteCache.bat
:: And
:: Run T34
@ ECHO OFF

START "C: \ Program Files \ Anuman Interactive \ T34 \ Cache \ DeleteCache.bat"
"Tsv.exe"
exit

replace Anuman Interactive (french version) by Lighthouse Interactive (english version)

save this file and rename it : T34.bat , and put a shortcut on the desktop or the Quick Launch toolbar replace icon of the shortcut with icone tvst... Voilā!

cheers

frinik 10-17-10 11:37 AM

Second Report

Hi Zee and fellow Beta testers and ZW members. I played some more including Mission 1 Tigers Shake Kurtenki which ZW has modified slightly.I finally saw the Panthers thye really look great and I was coveting them.I would gladly trade my tiger for one:yep:ī

Indeed Zee the new vegetation is very pleasant and varied and definitely eye candy that will be appreicated it enhances the atmosphere.I liked the new prairie grass with flowers so much <i felt like stopping my tiger and taking a nap in it or just plain look at the clouds.But I know LC would report me to the Kommandant and I would end up in a strafkommando washing and dusting Panzer IIs....:shifty:

One little bit of criticism. the in game map of the new Soviet mission is not helpful.I ended up lost in the woods not knowing which way to go.Witghout shooting a single thing I got a mission successful!!!!!The new transparent ones in other missions are a solid improvement but I would definitely opt for the mission briefing maps being incorporated in the missions once you start playing.With those big maps you have the feeling of being lost especially with those new missions where the enemy is invisible and you wonder where to go without being shot to pieces.

The atmosphere is much improved with artillery duels, katyushas-nebelwerfer rockets and more tanks fighting it out.

I second Lc; the AI is either too good at tracking your tank and shooting you through woods or from incredible distances like they can see only you or too dumb with tanks just shooting at nothing or standing by while you are getting shredded or the infantry casually walking n by while tanks are n brunig n aroun d them or they are being mowed down by machine guns...The Ai has been improved compared to the stock game but work still remains to be done to make it more reactive.

All in all extremeņly impressive work done with so many improvements, better fps(25 in Kurtenki mission better than before), newand better tanks, better maps and vegetation,new exciting missions.My finasl vote 9.5/10.No significan bugs to report other than small details that need fixing.

Kudos Zee mission accomplished!( Hem I know,somebody said that before and it turned out to be premature but not me I swear:88)

Best regards

Priscalan, ZeeWolfīs landscape are almost as nice as you holiday pics...

Zee any chance you can use Priscalanīs pics of the French Riviera as the next set for a mission?:D

ZeeWolf 10-17-10 12:59 PM

Beta Fixes

WOW! 9.5 and 9.999 :o I am delighted! :woot:

I love you guys :shucks:

Ok, I've got some things fixed. I have two new Fix files, one that shows
the flag (in the Kursk Missions) and one that does not show the flag. But
both have the fixes. I will e-mail you guys the links to both. :up:

Frinik

1.Fixed - T34-76 and Panther not displayed when on tour at end of mission

2.Fixed - T34-76 not counted in kill tally.

3.Mission briefing maps - I have an idea frinik that maybe an easy project.
You know how you can hit the escape key at any time
during the mission and see how many tanks you nailed, well I was
thinking about putting the mission briefing map on that page too :know:

LC

1.Fixed - Show flag on Tigers.

2.Not yet - Destroyed Tank model. Still need to create the models for each new tank

3.Not yet - Early Tiger copula on playable. I need to create a new tank
interior with the early copula.

4.Not yet - Difference in FPS between Single missions and Campaign.

5.Not yet - Tigers engine it stalled at 800 RPM. You can use the work-around until
I fix this.

Priscalan

1.Fixed - Bug for IL2 with a very strange flight. The aircraft still fly
like flying saucers but at least this is a little better then what
it was. Of course I intend to devote more time here because
aircraft in a tank sim is a must.

2.Not yet - Distant(Mile-plus) Tanks floating in the air while looking through
binoculars and Gun site. This is definitely a terrain LOD issue :damn:

ZW

frinik 10-17-10 10:53 PM

Final Cheer and Thoughts about Future Improvements

Zee I love your idea of being able to refer back to the mission briefing map during a mission very helpful but if that map would indicate your tanks and all other tanks positions( both foes and friends) so you can get your bearings.

I havenīt been able to test Kursk mission 3 yet because my TvsT on my pc is a copy of my game on the laptop with the result that I have to play each mission successfully in order to get to the next one.I only have Kursk mission 1 which by the way is great because itīs lighter in artillery at least at the beginning and itīs going to help those with less performing specs and GPUs.This is why I believe all ZW members are going to be pleased served by your October release as clearly the missions will not take such a heavy toll on fps.Still, solid specs are required and frankly how can you play and enjoy a game with all the eye candy and improvements you are adding when your pc can barely plod ahead.

One thing I hope can be improved in the future are the explosions.The HE shells seem to have no punch.They lift a lot of dust or soil up in the air and thatīs it! Trying to kill infantry with it is hopeless.A shell will explose next to a group of soldiers and more often than not nobody is hurt!!!In the end youīre better off using your Mg.Zee please donīt take that as criticism of you as I know perfectly well that this is the work of those who created the game and did not do their work properly( Hello G5 hope you read my post?????:down:)

Likewise the tank damage model in the stock missions is hopelessly flawed.I played the 2nd Soviet mission(Defending Krinovichi) which you havenīt yet modified and I was taking on a Panzer IVG at 600 metres.I pumped no less than 7 85 mm shells and it still wouldnīt die instead taking me out with 4 shots!!!!!Considering that the 85 mm AP shells of the T34-85 are fired with a muzzle velocity of 800 metres per second (faster than the Tigerīs own Kwk Pzgr 39) that tank should have been killed in max 2 shots.At that range even a Tiger I or II and a Panther are vulnerable to a T34-85 or 76 depending on the angle.

One last small detail the tracing of the machine gun fire viewed from inside the tank seems to be too curving? I am not sure itīs a real problem or perhaps itīs accurate ...

Anyway I am ranting as usual those are only issues I wanted to raise as Master Zee you are taking this sim into a bright sunshine no doubt about it.

3 Cheers to ZEE!:yeah:

ZeeWolf 10-17-10 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1516825)
Zee I love your idea of being able to refer back to the mission briefing map during a mission very helpful but if that map would indicate your tanks and all other tanks positions( both foes and friends) so you can get your bearings.

I havenīt been able to test Kursk mission 3 yet because my TvsT on my pc is a copy of my game on the laptop with the result that I have to play each mission successfully in order to get to the next one.I only have Kursk mission 1 which by the way is great because itīs lighter in artillery at least at the beginning and itīs going to help those with less performing specs and GPUs.This is why I believe all ZW members are going to be pleased served by your October release as clearly the missions will not take such a heavy toll on fps.Still, solid specs are required and frankly how can you play and enjoy a game with all the eye candy and improvements you are adding when your pc can barely plod ahead.

One thing I hope can be improved in the future are the explosions.The HE shells seem to have no punch.They lift a lot of dust or soil up in the air and thatīs it! Trying to kill infantry with it is hopeless.A shell will explose next to a group of soldiers and more often than not nobody is hurt!!!In the end youīre better off using your Mg.Zee please donīt take that as criticism of you as I know perfectly well that this is the work of those who created the game and did not do their work properly( Hello G5 hope you read my post?????:down:)

Likewise the tank damage model in the stock missions is hopelessly flawed.I played the 2nd Soviet mission(Defending Krinovichi) which you havenīt yet modified and I was taking on a Panzer IVG at 600 metres.I pumped no less than 7 85 mm shells and it still wouldnīt die instead taking me out with 4 shots!!!!!Considering that the 85 mm AP shells of the T34-85 are fired with a muzzle velocity of 800 metres per second (faster than the Tigerīs own Kwk Pzgr 39) that tank should have been killed in max 2 shots.At that range even a Tiger I or II and a Panther are vulnerable to a T34-85 or 76 depending on the angle.

One last small detail the tracing of the machine gun fire viewed from inside the tank seems to be too curving? I am not sure itīs a real problem or perhaps itīs accurate ...

Anyway I am ranting as usual those are only issues I wanted to raise as Master Zee you are taking this sim into a bright sunshine no doubt about it.

3 Cheers to ZEE!:yeah:

Thanks frinik,
But you do now have all the Kursk missions and the reg file "Zitadelle_.reg"
You will find it in the T34vsTiger folder. When you find it just double mouse
click on it one time and that will let you see all of your missions. Also I did
adjust the MG bullet trajectory with less falloff so now you can easily shoot
at tagets a 1000meters with out the huge off set.
As for the map being "live" you really don't need that. The situation
awareness
must include your skill at determining a successful plan of attack. Therefore
you must learn to judge quickly what direction you are going in relation to the enemy.
The map is a quick way to do that by remembering the top of the map is always north.
And remember before starting the mission get a good look at that map, it will always
show the position of the enemy and the direction of attack. As a tip check
the direction of shadows before you go in to battle,this is helpful etc..

As for the explosion FX that will come as you know when the other more
pressing things are finally complete.
As far as the Panzer IV goes it to will very soon be totally replaced.
The new model is just days from completion and testing. And once a
good Panzer IV chassis, the BrumBar as well as other models can begin
that uses the Pnz IV stuff.
Don't forget the Panther. Now the work on other Panther versions will be in
the works too. Finish my new Flak 88 very soon as well.
So, frinik as you can see there still is an enormous amont of work left that
I want done by Christmas.:yep:

ZW

frinik 10-18-10 01:45 AM

Absolutely Zee I know there are more pressing issues that you have to deal with.I was merely stating my own bugs or rants so-to-speak.A new Panzer IV???I am all ears as I love those little buggers almost as much as the Panthers.Will it be the Ausf. G ,H or J??With or without the side skirts( canīttremember the real name).

Will clicking on Zitadelle_reg give me all Kursk missions only or the regular German and Soviet ones as well?If not isthere any way I can get all the 12 missions to appear in my game menu without having to play each successfully?

Great news about the mg.

BTW whatīs that flag fix???? I did not download nor install it as I have no problems having or not having a flag as itīs not an issue for me.

Tremendous work Zee Hercules would be proud of you:D

Cheers

Ranting, rambling, Frinik

frinik 10-18-10 02:19 AM

Further Testing

Zee youīre a Zeenious! I clicked on Zitadelle_reg and indeed all the missions - both campaign and Kursk ones - appeared in my game menu! This is a small innovation but important in making the game more appealing.

Very good news I played German mission 3 Defending Simashkovo with fps minimum 17.4 to 33.4 while in the middle of the artillery barage.Indeed very low fps and choppy play seem to be a thing of the past.This is very good news as another problem has Zee been ironed out!:DL

Next Kursk mission number 3 is on the menu although I also want to play the other Zee made missions including the Soviet moonlight one( please keep the moonlight when you remake the Soviet ones!!!), and the last German one.

Hey other testers say something Guys this is turning into a Frinik one-man show!:06:

Cheers

Knightspel 10-18-10 06:40 AM

Hello Frinik, what are your system specs? I am not a tester but i'm just curious :) Can't wait to test final version, updates sounds very good!

LcSummers 10-18-10 09:12 AM

Kursk Mission #3 Revision

So ZW,

first of all i must apologize, cause playing the new mission a second time it was different in any kind.

The first time i was following the other tannks, wich were taken a shortcut through the forrest. Teh second time they didi it again. Following the tanks leads you in that position wich i didnt want to be. So speaking clearly i saw only trees, a shot from left, a shot from right and so on. This way its impossible to see even to fight. :wah:

I decided to make my on route and following the road. This way it was another feeling and now i liked it very much ZW, It is realy hard but great.:D

ZW is it posiible to make a red star (as in the single player mode) for the mission goal? Otherwise its hard to find that village and the mission goal. After the second attempt i was aware where to go.
Mission ends a little bit before that village. Is it possible to go inside it, killing the rest and then have a shopping?:hmmm:

I think Frinic mentioned it. After finishing the mission i can go ahead with TAB key to see the status. It didnt show me the new Panther. I had to go near a target or tanother tank to zoom in or out to see that cool Panther.

BTW, the FLAG is great to, viewing my tank in outside view with the flag on it. :yeah: I love it.

Really great.

ZW, sorry for thatearly statement, but i have learned to test the game twice.

Thank you buddy :salute:

LC

LcSummers 10-18-10 09:16 AM

LC

1.Fixed - Show flag on Tigers.

2.Not yet - Destroyed Tank model. Still need to create the models for each new tank

3.Not yet - Early Tiger copula on playable. I need to create a new tank
interior with the early copula.

4.Not yet - Difference in FPS between Single missions and Campaign.

5.Not yet - Tigers engine it stalled at 800 RPM. You can use the work-around until
I fix this.

Hello Panzergeneral ZW,

i knew that you are making this sim the best, but i wanted to know if its possible to make these changes.

There is no open question for me, anything answered.

Jawohl Herr GENERAL ZW :salute:

LC

LcSummers 10-18-10 09:30 AM

[QUOTE=frinik;1516866]Absolutely Zee I know there are more pressing issues that you have to deal with.I was merely stating my own bugs or rants so-to-speak.A new Panzer IV???I am all ears as I love those little buggers almost as much as the Panthers.Will it be the Ausf. G ,H or J??With or without the side skirts( canīttremember the real name).

Hi Frinic,

it is called Schürzen in German. Panzer IV. What about a STUG IV?

Cheers

LC

LcSummers 10-18-10 09:33 AM

Yes it is

Hello Herr Commodore!!!

Quote:Hey other testers say something Guys this is turning into a Frinik one-man show!:06:

No, no only a frinik one man night show in a Panzer II :D

Have a nice day :up:

LC

ZeeWolf 10-18-10 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1516866)
Absolutely Zee I know there are more pressing issues that you have to deal with.I was merely stating my own bugs or rants so-to-speak.A new Panzer IV???I am all ears as I love those little buggers almost as much as the Panthers.Will it be the Ausf. G ,H or J??With or without the side skirts( canīttremember the real name).

Will clicking on Zitadelle_reg give me all Kursk missions only or the regular German and Soviet ones as well?If not isthere any way I can get all the 12 missions to appear in my game menu without having to play each successfully?

Great news about the mg.

BTW whatīs that flag fix???? I did not download nor install it as I have no problems having or not having a flag as itīs not an issue for me.

Tremendous work Zee Hercules would be proud of you:D

Cheers

Ranting, rambling, Frinik

Frinik you need to install at least one "flag fix" updates because they have
some other fixes too :up:

Cheers

ZW

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZW_Flag_off.jpg

http://www.tanksimzw.com/images/ZW_Flag_ON.jpg

frinik 10-19-10 07:07 AM

Testing Beta Release Completed.

Hi Zee;

My very last report. I played Kursk mission 3 and is it ever harrowing!!!!!! But it's worth it.Lots of tanks, ideal landscape for ambushes, great fun but 2 issues to report.

1) Superhuman AI which took me out through thick wood with 200 metres of my starting point with accurate marksmanship!!!! My Tiger disabled I started the mission again this time going through the woods to flank the Sovs. No matter again I was shot at through dense forest....They can still see you while you can't see them!I wonder if turning off the AI accuracy scaler that you have in the game menu really makes a difference?

Finally I had enough and decided to cheat a little...I became invulnerable and had the pleasure of blasting away at enemy armour and AT guns with total impunity.My Tiger had 59 shell impacts at the end of the successful mission and looked like a perfect Swiss Emmenthaler cheese.....

2) minor issue in the after game tabbing only the SU122s and T34s are shown; the Soviet 122 mm guns and SU152s are left out.

The 3 Kursk missions, and the new first Soviet missions are excellent.Action oriented, lots of action however my fps took a dive(5.8 to 10.1) with Kursk/Dubovna due to large number of units present on the map.You'll need strong specs to play it smooothly.I also replayed Escaping Red Army Pincers which I also enjoyed taking out 5 Soviet tanks at between 3400 to 3800 metres before rushing up and finishing another 11 at 1600 metres and less. My tank was disabled but I destroyed 16 enemy tanks...

Zee; do you have any [plans to introduce T34/76 (Beutepanzer T34/7r) booty tanks captured by the Germans in the Kursk missions? I think quite a few were used during Zitadelle...

Another question; where in the game folders do you find the technical files dealing with muzzle velocity, ammo complement, speed, armour and gun specs of each tank?

Mission accomplished; very interesting experience to be a tester....

Cheers
:salute:

Dear LC submerged,

I''ll gladly accept Panzer II duty as I saw the cute Panzer IIs created by ZeeWolf in the new missions zipping by nimbly while the lumbering Tigers were straining to go to the battlefield. I saw plenty of Tigers destroyed but no Panzer II....

I saw the radio antennas on the tanks and thought of you.:D