SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 10-11-10 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1512910)
Hi ZW,

there was a fourth one in Kassel, Henschel und Sohn

the fifth was Demag (Deutsche Maschienen AG) in Hannover

and last but not least Wegman in Kassel but they built only the tuurets wich were sent to Henschel.

So my friend, do you know what this mean for you?

Hundreds of Panthers to be build:haha:

Have a nice day

LC

I should have known you knew all that LC :DL And yes hundreds :up:

Also I want you to know, just took out allot of the shake when you look
the the Gun scope and Binoculars while hunting. :yep: As well as the hard
to turn problem. Now you can steer with much greater ease. And no longer
have to be concerned with using the reverse gear it responds the way it
was designed to. :up: There is more improvements too, but you will find
out soon.

Vorwärts Kamerad! :salute:

ZW

Priscalan 10-11-10 09:40 PM

Beta Test

Hi ZW,

When do you think we can test the beta, Grand Master? :know:

I am excited to see this,to feel the thrill of these wonderful machines, to hear them purr :D

вперед товарищей!

frinik 10-11-10 10:21 PM

Summer's is back? Hi Lc!

Hi LC, in my last post I was granted the title of Commodore.Technically this makes me your superior since you are a mere frogman. My first order to you will be to take your Panther into a dive test into the Dnieper river in order to prepare for submarine operations against the Bolscheviks.By keeping our Panthers underwater we will avoid being pounded by their artillery and imagine their surprise when they reach the Dniepr and start erecting pontoon bridges when they see our zug emerging.....Lc diving suit on and prepare for diving ( not driving)!

Wegmann still makes turrets I believe either for the Leopard II or for some other armoured vehicle for the Bundeswehr.MAN - in addition to civilian trucks - makes military trucks including for theGerman, British , Belgian, Dutch and other NATO armies.Pretty much all the same manufacturers who were involved in the manufacture of tanks during WWII are still making parts, ZF in Friedrichshafen, Diehl(tanks tracks and wheels), Rheinmetall makes those famous 120 mm guns that equip the Leopard II, the Abrams , the Challenger and the Merkava, Zeiss makes optics systems.As for Demag and Henschel they're out of the military business but very successful in their respective specialties.Likewise Porsche and BMW

Unfortunately Zee, as much as I would love to, because of my family obligations I won't have enough time to dedicate to beta testing.However I don't discard the idea of doing it in the near future.This being said very exciting times with a gorgeous Panther, new Tigers, Panzer IVs and new Soviet tanks for target practice.I would love to play with the mission editor and I am eagerly awaiting instructions/tutorials from you on how to do it.

Great work Mr. Da VinZee!:yeah:

Cheers to All Comrades.Let's furbish our weapons!:shucks:

ZeeWolf 10-11-10 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1513158)
Hi ZW,

When do you think we can test the beta, Grand Master? :know:

I am excited to see this,to feel the thrill of these wonderful machines, to hear them purr :D

вперед товарищей!

Hi Priscalan,
Every time I think it's ready something else will pop-up. I had to remove the
Hanomag 251 and the new Panzer II from the Kursk mission three. Although
I will set aside any further delays if no problem arises in any other mission
with these two units. But I will have to get to the bottom of the cause concerning them.
However Kursk Three is very heavy with action and vehicles so any small
imperfection will be intensified. I do have plans on replacing the stock
Hanomag as well as the Panzer IV and that would be next after this update.
The new Panther and Tiger AI and playable works beautifully, the flying
Tigers are truly history and almost entirely gone is the swamp effect.
The swamp effect has been greatly reduced to the point where it no longer
slows you down at high speed and just causes a little shake and lower
speeds and will only rarely occur on the mega-maps.
So, to answer your question it really looks like this week for sure. :yep:

Vorwärts Kamerad! :salute:

ZW

ZeeWolf 10-12-10 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1513170)
Hi LC, in my last post I was granted the title of Commodore.Technically this makes me your superior since you are a mere frogman. My first order to you will be to take your Panther into a dive test into the Dnieper river in order to prepare for submarine operations against the Bolscheviks.By keeping our Panthers underwater we will avoid being pounded by their artillery and imagine their surprise when they reach the Dniepr and start erecting pontoon bridges when they see our zug emerging.....Lc diving suit on and prepare for diving ( not driving)!

Wegmann still makes turrets I believe either for the Leopard II or for some other armoured vehicle for the Bundeswehr.MAN - in addition to civilian trucks - makes military trucks including for theGerman, British , Belgian, Dutch and other NATO armies.Pretty much all the same manufacturers who were involved in the manufacture of tanks during WWII are still making parts, ZF in Friedrichshafen, Diehl(tanks tracks and wheels), Rheinmetall makes those famous 120 mm guns that equip the Leopard II, the Abrams , the Challenger and the Merkava, Zeiss makes optics systems.As for Demag and Henschel they're out of the military business but very successful in their respective specialties.Likewise Porsche and BMW

Unfortunately Zee, as much as I would love to, because of my family obligations I won't have enough time to dedicate to beta testing.However I don't discard the idea of doing it in the near future.This being said very exciting times with a gorgeous Panther, new Tigers, Panzer IVs and new Soviet tanks for target practice.I would love to play with the mission editor and I am eagerly awaiting instructions/tutorials from you on how to do it.

Great work Mr. Da VinZee!:yeah:

Cheers to All Comrades.Let's furbish our weapons!:shucks:

Hey frink :DL
How you been man? Don't worry about the beta testing we'll get it. :yep:
You know that putting something like this together there is bound to be
gremlins. As for the editor tutorial I have not forgotten and will definitely
get that together too. :up:
Oh, and BTW I was able to program the flag selection, so you can turn on
to display the flag and select to hide the flag. But until I get a tutorial up
I will leave it hidden if you want.;)

Cheers Kamerad!

ZW

Priscalan 10-12-10 01:27 AM

:salute: Zee,
we are very pleased to read that we will have the mission 3 of Kursk in a week.:yeah:

Wunderbar.:rock:

вперед товарищи!

LcSummers 10-13-10 09:24 AM

Nice improvements

Also I want you to know, just took out allot of the shake when you look
the the Gun scope and Binoculars while hunting. :yep: As well as the hard
to turn problem. Now you can steer with much greater ease. And no longer
have to be concerned with using the reverse gear it responds the way it
was designed to. :up: There is more improvements too, but you will find
out soon.

Hi ZW,

great news. No more loosing engine when pulling back. Thatt s anreal advantage. Now i can do that what i supposed to do in a tank attack to show my front and not the rear where its been easily hit:yeah: FANTASTIC!!!!

I am very eager to see sorry, to feel those improvments. Weiter so!!!!

LC

LcSummers 10-13-10 09:40 AM

Aye Sir, Commodere Sir

[QUOTE=frinik;1513170]Hi LC, in my last post I was granted the title of Commodore.Technically this makes me your superior since you are a mere frogman. My first order to you will be to take your Panther into a dive test into the Dnieper river in order to prepare for submarine operations against the Bolscheviks.By keeping our Panthers underwater we will avoid being pounded by their artillery and imagine their surprise when they reach the Dniepr and start erecting pontoon bridges when they see our zug emerging.....Lc diving suit on and prepare for diving ( not driving)!

Aye Sir Herr Commodore. Making a depht test. Diving test Jawohl!!!
Alle Mann auf Gefechtsstationen AAALLAARRMMM!!!! FLUUUTEN!! ALLE MANN VORAUS!!!

BUT SIR, as you know, high ranking officers in the American Civil War fought in the first line to encourage their man. I think last time we have spoken you were downgraded to drive a Panzer II and please Herr Commodore or Korvettenkapitän, encourage me too, show me with your Panzer II how to submerge :D

It s really nice to have you back and to laugh on such nonsense, i mean such important tactics sir:salute:

Frinic you are suprising me with your whole knowledge. WOW :06: Its great to have so much informations.

Never mind, Frinic, you have not much time for now but its for sure that we will test the beta version and inform you in every aspect. Good luck

Froschmann LC :arrgh!:

LcSummers 10-13-10 09:45 AM

Hi Priscalan

Hi Priscalan,

if you dont mind i do not like your pictures. There is something strange about it. I see you paragliding but without a Tiger Tank:D Lets ask ZW for help, maybe next time you show us a pix when you are flying around with a Tiger or Panther :hmmm:

I am sure that would not be strange :know:

Cheers LC

ZeeWolf 10-13-10 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LcSummers (Post 1514048)
Hi Priscalan,

if you dont mind i do not like your pictures. There is something strange about it. I see you paragliding but without a Tiger Tank:D Lets ask ZW for help, maybe next time you show us a pix when you are flying around with a Tiger or Panther :hmmm:

I am sure that would not be strange :know:

Cheers LC

:haha: sorry LC no more flying Tigers - of course you'll be convinced during the
beta testing. I really did fix it (this time) :up:

Vorwärts Frogman! :har:

ZW

ZeeWolf 10-13-10 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1513258)
:salute: Zee,
we are very pleased to read that we will have the mission 3 of Kursk in a week.:yeah:

Wunderbar.:rock:

вперед товарищи!

Good news: Friday for sure! :yep: All looks good and plays well the remainder is
stuff I have done before and just requires updating to the new standards.

вперед товарищи! :DL

ZW :salute:

frinik 10-15-10 02:15 AM

Friday is going to be Fry Day.....(as in frying tanks)

Herrn Zee awaiting with trepidation the next release.No more flying Tigers but hopefully diving Panthers for froschmann Lc Summer( or is it Submmerged????). The last Kursk mission(June release)unfortunately took a heavy toll on my fps once again.I just hope this one plays smoothly.What is it exactly in Tvst that seems to take such a heavy toll on a GPU? Would reducing the scale/size of everything; tanks, vehicles, guns, buildings, vegetation etc help addressing that issue?After all I have seen RTS with lush graphics, tremendous FX and plenty of vehicles/tanks and AI running very smoothly at high resolutions with 256 mb ddr2 graphic cards.I realise this is a sim not an RTS and we cannot have TvsT reduced to the side of Company of Heroes , or Soldiers Heroes of WWII or Men of war etc but would reducing the size of the objects - while keeping it sim-like- result in higher FPS(this may be a dumb question....)?

Friday is Der Tag???

Cheers:D

ZeeWolf 10-15-10 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1515095)
Herrn Zee awaiting with trepidation the next release.No more flying Tigers but hopefully diving Panthers for froschmann Lc Summer( or is it Submmerged????). The last Kursk mission(June release)unfortunately took a heavy toll on my fps once again.I just hope this one plays smoothly.What is it exactly in Tvst that seems to take such a heavy toll on a GPU? Would reducing the scale/size of everything; tanks, vehicles, guns, buildings, vegetation etc help addressing that issue?After all I have seen RTS with lush graphics, tremendous FX and plenty of vehicles/tanks and AI running very smoothly at high resolutions with 256 mb ddr2 graphic cards.I realise this is a sim not an RTS and we cannot have TvsT reduced to the side of Company of Heroes , or Soldiers Heroes of WWII or Men of war etc but would reducing the size of the objects - while keeping it sim-like- result in higher FPS(this may be a dumb question....)?

Friday is Der Tag???

Cheers:D

:haha: No diving Panthers either frinik, It's crunch time today I will include the
reg file so you can hop around from mission to mission with out having to
complete the ZW missions :up: As for the FPS issue you will have to replay
the Kursk missions to see. :salute:
Now it's back to work,
ZW

Oh, BTW frinik did you want to beta test with your new PC :D

ZeeWolf 10-15-10 08:40 PM

Finally, the October Update Beta v1A is complete and uploaded :DL
I will be send out links to all current Beta volunteers. If you do not receive
your link, e-mail me ASAP so we can get that to you. I will also take this
week end to post some tutorials on my web site that will help with learning
some new changes. :salute:

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW

frinik 10-15-10 09:39 PM

OK for beta testing

Why not Zee my new pc is still giving me grief but at least I can play sims.I am going to order a new graphic card a real bargain an ATI Radeon 5570 1 gb ddr5 at less than a $ 90 according to all reviews the best GC for the money under $ 100. As fast as some of the gcs worth twice the price.

Ok Zee put me on the list of beta testers.

Best of lucks ZW Members and friends!:salute:

ZeeWolf 10-15-10 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1515669)
Why not Zee my new pc is still giving me grief but at least I can play sims.I am going to order a new graphic card a real bargain an ATI Radeon 5570 1 gb ddr5 at less than a $ 90 according to all reviews the best GC for the money under $ 100. As fast as some of the gcs worth twice the price.

Ok Zee put me on the list of beta testers.

Best of lucks ZW Members and friends!:salute:

STILL! Good God frinik I feel your pain man :cry:
I think this update might cheer you up though :up: So if you do not receive
my e-mail in the next few minutes just e-mail me.

Cheers
ZW

PS: It's on the way frinik

Priscalan 10-15-10 11:02 PM

Hi Zee,

I downloading and I am HAPPY, HAPPY, :D

ZeeWolf 10-15-10 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1515690)
Hi Zee,

I downloading and I am HAPPY, HAPPY, :D

That's great Priscalan :up:

ZW

frinik 10-16-10 06:51 AM

Beta Testing

Zee I had no access to the internet( my wife and kids monopolising it and me begging for a few minutes ) then it crashed on me.No worries I will doanload it no matter what the cost and report Herrn ZugFuehrer.

Thanks and impatient to test it!:salute:

I want to see Lc take a dive in the Dnieper and Priscalan sky dive with his new Tiger......:D

frinik 10-16-10 07:04 AM

October Release Auestion

Zee one question of general interest are we supposed to uninstall all your previous releases prior to installing the October beta release or can we simply overwrite?

You mention default TsvT which I am not sure you mean a clean instal of the game or what?

Cheers and thanks:yeah: