SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   LIVING SILENT HUNTER 3 - EDITION 2020 » Discussion and Support (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247796)

Aktungbby 09-22-21 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam.Willow (Post 2769978)

Thank you for your help.

I just received a support message from LSH3.com

They provided a link to their forum that covers this extensively.
https://roehrenfahrer.iphpbb3.com/fo...kkarte-t9.html

If you use Chrome browser it will translate the page on the fly.

I believe that I am now good to go.

Thanks again! OH! & That headache is gone now.
:subsim:
Sam

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!:D

Kal_Maximus_U669 09-22-21 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2769992)
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!:D

good evening Aktungbby how can we have a great RTX without knowing what is in the stomach without these tools is to ask a blind person if he sees clearly I am also astonished that our friends have been bothering for so little ...:D:D
I all just wanted to help it's all sarcasm of this kind very little for me besides it surprises me my friend :hmmm: ... to have such a negative attitude towards me have you had a bad day?:oops: ... I wonder who is imitating who here ...:har::har:
on these good words I wish you a better day and ..:up:

:Kaleun_Wink: "I welcome the flattery associated with that kind of distinction, although I must say, being consistent with what I said earlier about self-characterization of humility, that I cannot accept the compliment. "

Archive1 09-24-21 10:31 PM

A couple of questions - exiting and music

1) I recall that there was a warning that the user could not exit a mission before it was completed. And that was the result when I exited last night and the mission ended unfinished. Maybe there is no work around for this, but it is a major disappointment. I, and maybe many, cannot devote long hours to complete a complicated mission in a, let's face it, game that might be challenging and engaging, but still a relaxing game. If there is a way to avoid this I think lots of us would like to know. In SH3 one could enter and leave a mission as needed for real life.

2) While on patrol I tried to turn on the phonograph from the radio room. It displayed as 'turning' but no music was produced - at least none on my machine. What did I do wrong...or what did I not do? I have lots of 1940s SH3 formatted music that I played in the original Grey Wolves version of SH3 - Edith Piaf, much German music of the 1940s, 1940s English orchestral stuff, etc.. I can upload these, but it makes sense to do so only if they actually play. Any suggestions?
Archive1

Sam.Willow 09-26-21 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1 (Post 2770525)
1) I recall that there was a warning that the user could not exit a mission before it was completed. And that was the result when I exited last night and the mission ended unfinished.
Archive1

If you want to continue a Mission at a later time you must press ESC and then navigate to Save Mission. If you exit without saving the mission all will be lost.

To help you with your audio problem I doubt that is is caused by the game. Check your connections if you use them ie: headphones. Mute and volume levels etc.

Good Luck!

:Kaleun_Party:

Archive1 09-26-21 06:58 PM

Willow:
Thank you for the reply. I believe that I did the Save and Exit option when I tried to leave mid mission. That seemed to only let me choose Return to Base, with the warning that the mission would be ended. I'll try again and see if there is some other option although I believe you only have Save or Save and Exit, besides Return to Mission. Maybe selecting just Save and not Save and Exit is the secret.
Sound - all other sounds are just fine, it is only the 'silent' phonograph with the spinning record that produces no sound.
The significant music I have is in OGG format and seemed to play very well on the phonograph with the GW version of SH3. Maybe I should start another thread and just upload it for anyone to access.
Again, many thanks. I'll let you know how things turn out.
Archive1

Archive1 09-27-21 11:27 PM

Willow:
Ok, I have mastered the Esc/Save Exit/Game Saved Successfully/OK/Exit to Menu...And the patrol is saved. Thanks.

Query re: sound - I found that I had no gramaphone sound because I had dampened the Option/Sound to nothing. So with that changed I have old 1940 records. But, I dislike keeping the 'Mood music' too. How can I get rid of that but keep the gramaphone? If I clear the sound file, but leave the gramaphone file in Data, the program crashes. Maybe I leave one OGG sound file behind in Data/Sound?

Rain - the bridge crew has no auto-placed rain gear - had a long period of heavy weather, but the bridge crew was in dry day-gear throughout. I recall a MOD for heavy weather gear in the GW SH3. Available here?

Finally where is a current date in the patrol shown? Looked everywhere and did not find it. Inbound messages have time but no date. Huh?

Appreciate the assistance and sorry to be a pest.
Archive1

Athrosa 09-28-21 11:34 AM

New submarines in carrer still not available...? LSH3 2020 mod

1 Attachment(s)
[SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH]

Hi guys, I currently have a problem in my career about submarines...

It is July 2, 1940. I currently have a type VIIB since the start of the campaign in Stralsund (training flotilla), passing by the 2nd flotilla during my second patrol and finally, the 7th flotilla.

from 5 patrol, I got a message telling me that new submarines were available (IXB and VIIC). I went to the submarine management area to look and there were no submarines available (only the VIIB that I currently own).

I'm already on my 11th patrol and I'm starting to doubt there's a problem.

Why are there no submarines available, when they "should" be available since early 1940 like the VIIC (between February and June) ?

Do i have to do any manipulation of the game files ? Or is it an internal mod problem ? If it is necessary to make a modification of the files of the game, I am a real noob XD

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/att...1&d=1632846722

Aktungbby 09-29-21 12:38 AM

Welcome back!

Athrosa!:Kaleun_Salute: after a long silent run!:up:

U-190 09-29-21 04:59 AM

:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Arnd Stuke 09-29-21 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athrosa (Post 2771176)
[SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH]

Hi guys, I currently have a problem in my career about submarines...

It is July 2, 1940. I currently have a type VIIB since the start of the campaign in Stralsund (training flotilla), passing by the 2nd flotilla during my second patrol and finally, the 7th flotilla.

from 5 patrol, I got a message telling me that new submarines were available (IXB and VIIC). I went to the submarine management area to look and there were no submarines available (only the VIIB that I currently own).

I'm already on my 11th patrol and I'm starting to doubt there's a problem.

Why are there no submarines available, when they "should" be available since early 1940 like the VIIC (between February and June) ?

Do i have to do any manipulation of the game files ? Or is it an internal mod problem ? If it is necessary to make a modification of the files of the game, I am a real noob XD

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/att...1&d=1632846722

Salu Athrosa,

ericlea a traduit les instructions d'installation en français.

http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...=post&id=54887

Si tu veut changer le sous-marin, tu dois à chaque fois sur le "Erprobungsstelle".

Athrosa 09-29-21 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnd Stuke (Post 2771306)
Salu Athrosa,

ericlea a traduit les instructions d'installation en français.

http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...=post&id=54887

Si tu veut changer le sous-marin, tu dois à chaque fois sur le "Erprobungsstelle".

Salut Arnd Stuke !

Merci pour ta réponse, j'ai effectué le changement de port et miracle ! ça marche !

Merci beaucoup !

Arnd Stuke 09-30-21 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athrosa (Post 2771382)
Salut Arnd Stuke !

Merci pour ta réponse, j'ai effectué le changement de port et miracle ! ça marche !

Merci beaucoup !

:Kaleun_Salute: :Kaleun_Cheers:

Archive1 10-01-21 09:38 PM

A repost for an answer:

"Finally where is a current date in the patrol shown? Looked everywhere and did not find it. Inbound messages have time but no date."
Archive1

kaizerhund10 10-03-21 01:36 AM

SUPPLY SHIP

my first patrol and im in the be 39 grid. where is the supply ship located, in the middle of the grid?

blackswan40 10-03-21 04:53 AM

Hi Archive1 the date move your mouse cursor over the time and it show date as well sir :Kaleun_Salute:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pic...ictureid=12077