SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

Kpt. Lehmann 02-04-20 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2647828)
I currently run Windows 10 and have no problems whatever with any Silent Hunter version starting with SH3.

I should correct myself.... I can get SH3 to run, as long as I choose to be happy with 2x Anti-Aliasing.

Have read graphics tweak threads until my eyes bleed and have carefully followed the minutia of various corrections without success.

italianmarine 02-06-20 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoopaTroopa7 (Post 2647601)
I keep trying to install the grey wolves mod but it saids I have a modified version of SH3 yet I don't have anything else installed and have deleted and re-downloaded SH3 a couple of times

do you have also the patch 1.4b installed?
I have downloaded the game from Ubi and just followed the GWX instructions.

Ran my first two missions yesterday.

It runs perfectly. My Geforce GTX2080 TI with 11GB RAM is sleeping and my 5K widescreen monitor is a waste for this game, since the graphics are really old. :-) I wish there would be a mod to boost the resolution. Unfortunately in the options there is not an option to choose the resolution.

KL-alfman 02-06-20 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italianmarine (Post 2648027)
Unfortunately in the options there is not an option to choose the resolution.

Have you tried to activate ARB 1920x1080?
It really makes a difference!

svataru 03-08-20 04:21 AM

Hi.
I'm docked in lerwick before the war starts. Just a curiousity, ya know :)
And what i see after undocking? https://i.imgur.com/iiuavAb.png

Aktungbby 03-08-20 10:09 AM

welcome aboard!

svataru!:Kaleun_Salute: after a 5 year silent run!:arrgh!:

Olamagato 03-08-20 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svataru (Post 2653122)
Hi.
I'm docked in lerwick before the war starts. Just a curiousity, ya know :)
And what i see after undocking? [...]

1. GWX3 has (still some) errors because start position is in old place for another port plan probably from vanilla SH3. Then your U-boat in GWX is on land - or in land. :)
2. These messages show because there is common error in SH3/GWX in devices upgrade plan written in basic.cfg.
This error is common for type XXI bug in years of war too.
Simply radio and hydrophones mounted in your U-boat not exist before September 1, 1939. Then game go to CTD or destroy/full damage these devices and crew fast repairs it after launch simulator.
Default Radio antenna, radar, sonar and hydrophone cannot be destroy then must be repaired. But in type XXI can destroy because these devices are not default.
---

These errors (and many many others) are fixed in my GWX3+ fixpack 1.0 release soon.

Tricky 03-08-20 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olamagato (Post 2653179)
These errors (and many many others) are fixed in my GWX3+ fixpack 1.0 release soon.

I like the sound of this! :yep:

FUBAR295 03-08-20 03:48 PM

Looking forward to seeing this. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Pants 03-26-20 11:26 AM

Been a way for a bit....got lost mid Atlantic what have i missed? lol :Kaleun_Cheers:

Jimbuna 03-26-20 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 2657445)
Been a way for a bit....got lost mid Atlantic what have i missed? lol :Kaleun_Cheers:

WOW! :o

Long time no see Jim. Good to see you surface.

IIRC you missed the last round of ales and it was your turn :Kaleun_Cheers:

Kpt. Lehmann 03-26-20 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 2657445)

PANTS!!!!! GREAT TO SEE YOU MATEY!!! :D:Kaleun_Salute:

I've been away too for ten years more or less now too since a little after we released GWX 3.0 . Just coming back and drinking from the firehose catching up on things myself. How have you been? Shoot me a PM if you like!:arrgh!:

Pants 03-26-20 12:54 PM

i hope everyone is well and staying safe in this crazy world....just come back from an unintended extended patrol only to make dock and told to bugger off back to sea lol.
Sorry jim for missing my round i'll buy you a chaser next time:Kaleun_Cheers:
hiya Kpt my good sir hope you have washed said firehose :p
great to be back :Kaleun_Salute:

Jeff-Groves 03-26-20 01:10 PM

Welcome back Mate!
:salute:

Fifi 03-28-20 01:44 PM

For those playing GWX with the TKSS18 German U-Boat Compilation part 1 & 2, plus the German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE), be aware that the visual values of their sensor.dat DOES NOT correspond at all with GWX values.
You’ll have to open the last sensor.dat activated in your mod list, and give stock GWX values :yep:
Otherwise your watch crew will be blind and detect ships only very close.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Noobicum4Ever 03-29-20 03:53 AM

:Kaleun_Salute: