SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Alberich IX Skin (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139927)

Friction150 07-27-08 12:28 AM

[REL] Alberich IX Skin

Hello everyone, I have a "new" skin. This one was requested by a few people, so I made a type IX with my "Black Panther" scheme. I changed the conning tower a bit, because the previous scheme got bent going around the back. So, I ended the weathering halfway back the tower, so now it kinda resembles salt caked to her. I worked on her today while I was sick, so I hope you don't think it's too bad. :doh: I also wasn't able to test it out on the IXB, but the files are included. They are copies of the IXC files, so they should work fine.

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/980...ixcsideel4.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/710...conningsg2.jpg

You may download it here
*Fixed Link- Everything should work for you now StarLion*

Let me know what you think.

Paul Riley 08-16-08 02:00 PM

Friction,I love this mod mate,in fact I am dling it right now.Just one thing though,is it advisable to install before my next patrol?,as I cant imagine it would help matters doing it mid patrol.
In the meantime i'll let you know more if and when I have it running :|\\

Wolfehunter 08-16-08 02:57 PM

Very slick sub.:rock:

StarLion45 08-16-08 04:49 PM

Alberich IX skin

:) That is a nice skin:yep:
Friction150 has done a proper job on that one.
I have it in my collection:smug: and there's been a lot over the last months:o :dead:
and it is very easy to install also:lol:

Paul Riley 08-16-08 06:02 PM

Starlion,

I managed to get it installed earlier tonight,its a lovely skin.As I have recently installed Alberich on my IXC I thought it only right to at least be able to see it on the hull.Makes me think of what a nuclear submarine might have looked like back then :cool:
Just one thing,I dont know if it is me or if it is meant to be like this,but,if you look on the fore deck,is it normal to have a line of grey/steel plates running down the portside,and an absence of plates on the starboard side?.I was thinking maybe it was a conflict somewhere as it looked a little odd,but everything else looks normal,so I think its meant to be like that.

Goodnight mate.

Friction150 08-16-08 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Riley
Starlion,

I managed to get it installed earlier tonight,its a lovely skin.As I have recently installed Alberich on my IXC I thought it only right to at least be able to see it on the hull.Makes me think of what a nuclear submarine might have looked like back then :cool:
Just one thing,I dont know if it is me or if it is meant to be like this,but,if you look on the fore deck,is it normal to have a line of grey/steel plates running down the portside,and an absence of plates on the starboard side?.I was thinking maybe it was a conflict somewhere as it looked a little odd,but everything else looks normal,so I think its meant to be like that.

Goodnight mate.

You mean where the schnorkel is right? If so, that's normal.

Paul Riley 08-17-08 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friction150
Quote:

Starlion,

Actually,I am just this minute looking at some pics of a schnorkel on the web,and it looks like it is installed somewhere to the side,somewhere near these plates?,maybe the game also installs the device in that area?.

Goodnight mate.

You mean where the schnorkel is right? If so, that's normal.

I have no schnorkel fitted on my boat,too early in the war for that yet.I am guessing the schnorkel is fitted somewhere to the rear just over the diesels?,I may be wrong.No,this is observed on the fore section of the deck,the part where you hit F10 to go to the deck gun,just look to the left and then on the deck and see the plates,and then to the right and there is none.Alternatively,hit F9 and get a bird's eye view of the boat,then pause.Pan to the fore deck and observe the line of grey/steel plates running up the left side almost to the bow,and on the right there is a section of plates missing.This may in fact be part of the IX's design,I am just curious thats all,as to why they would miss a small section of those plates on that side.I am also thinking the schnorkel may be fitted somewhere on these plates.Is the schnorkel fitted on the port or the starboard side?,if its the SB then that may explain my question.

:shifty: :hmm:

Cheers mate.

Friction150 08-17-08 12:02 PM

The schnorkel is on the starboard side, it's base is anchored to the SB side and just forward of the conning tower. The snorkel runs about 40 feet (@13 meters) forward of the conning tower, on SB. I looked at it in game, and from what you were explaining, I think the schnorkel cover is what you are speaking of. When you do get the schnorkel, that cover will be removed. You can always go into single player and use a late war u-boat and find a quiet spot to check it out. :up:

Paul Riley 08-18-08 06:12 AM

That explains it then,cheers for that :up:
As for entering later into the war or choosing uboats freely,I have never done that yet,even after all this time,I want all that to be a surprise,and most of the time I even prevent myself from looking at certain images in here too,'spoilers' in other words.I'm sure you know what I mean.
Just one last thing (there always is with me hehe) about the skin.I am curious about the lower sections of both the PS and the OS,mainly the colour.What inspired you to change the colour to yellow?,and also on the screws?sort of looks like gold or bronze.And I also noticed on the PS there is a small red area just below the actual optical head itself :hmm:
Still looks good though!

Friction150 08-18-08 01:14 PM

Quote:

That explains it then,cheers for that :up:
As for entering later into the war or choosing uboats freely,I have never done that yet,even after all this time,I want all that to be a surprise,and most of the time I even prevent myself from looking at certain images in here too,'spoilers' in other words.I'm sure you know what I mean.
Just one last thing (there always is with me hehe) about the skin.I am curious about the lower sections of both the PS and the OS,mainly the colour.What inspired you to change the colour to yellow?,and also on the screws?sort of looks like gold or bronze.And I also noticed on the PS there is a small red area just below the actual optical head itself :hmm:
Still looks good though!

Just to make it different I guess, gold or bronze looks better with black, in my opinion. :D

PavelKirilovich 06-21-09 10:22 PM

Is there an up to date download link available for this? Filefront seems to have removed the file, sadly.

And, hate to ask a bone question but it's been years since I downloaded a reskin: This is workable with the IXD2, yes? I've noticed that skins listed as "IX" are workable with IXB, IXC, and IXD2, but just making sure that's the case here.

Plissken_04 06-22-09 01:00 PM

The Alberich IX Skin can be downloaded from here:

http://files.filefront.com/Frictions.../fileinfo.html

Enjoy

Greetings

Maik

PavelKirilovich 06-22-09 02:05 PM

Thanks muchly, Maik.

Plissken_04 06-22-09 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PavelKirilovich (Post 1121852)
Thanks muchly, Maik.

No Problem,Pavel

Darkseed 06-23-09 07:05 AM

How about a screenshot or two?