SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   IL-2 loading issues (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171259)

Sledgehammer427 06-19-10 12:55 PM

IL-2 loading issues

(I know some mods aren't allowed to be talked about...
>_>
<_<
but I can't remember them...so if I mention one of these blacklisted mods I do apologize...I didn't mean it!;))

but let me run you through what has been going on.
I finally got around to playing IL-2 again, and I got CanonUK's final Channel map
to play the Fighterboys 1940 campaign
and it wouldn't save my progress, I would exit out and it would just reset. you know, the missing map peices bug where if you are missing a house or a hangar it won't save?
so I went through and got all the mods Canon said you needed for his channel map
((it's LAL_HANGAR, LAL_Fortifications, and Brantoc_Objets_ToW))
I now have all the mods Canon said you needed for the map to be complete.

I added all of these to the static.ini as requested by the modders, and I added them BEHIND canon's addition to the static, like the mods were installed before the Channel map.
now, the last one I installed was the HANGAR addon. before then I was usually able to play, but the campaign wouldn't save, once I discovered I didn't have HANGAR, I downloaded it and added it in. now I have the loading bug where it reaches 90% and it says
"Mesh 3do/humans/Paratroopers/Russia/mono.sim not created."
I did a little looking and tried setting the texture compression to 2 under [RenderOpenGL] in config.ini and still I got it.
the only other option the campaign creator said to try was to get a video card with more RAM, I have a 512 card and I deffo don't have the cash to get a 1024.

has anyone else had this problem?

Dowly 06-19-10 12:58 PM

You got the backwards. It's allowed to talk about mods, not link them. :03:

Task Force 06-19-10 12:58 PM

Hmm appears the Mesh for the russian paratroppers is missing... Never had this issue, and if I did, Il2 never told me.:hmmm:

Sledgehammer427 06-19-10 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1423157)
You got the backwards. It's allowed to talk about mods, not link them. :03:

heh. WHOOP!
O_O
removing links

Quote:

Hmm appears the Mesh for the russian paratroppers is missing... Never had this issue, and if I did, Il2 never told me.
well, it's a battle of britain campaign, what russian paratroopers would be doing there is beyond me.
OH WAIT
I tried a different set of the Hangar mod (it gives you hangar 1.0 and hangar 2.0, I installed both 1.0 and 2.0 then I tried just 2.0
with just 2.0 it says the German paratroopers are missing.

EDIT!
fixed it. I just slipped the modified files that gave me trouble at the end instead of in front of the channel additions. it's loaded but I have yet to see if it will save, but at least I'm flying again. it's a start

last edit
no beans on the saves. too bad.