SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Indie Subsims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Virtual Sailor!? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=161898)

chrysanthos 02-03-12 03:37 PM

well i did that my friend but the 3d is not selectable its black....you better send me a readme about it....when you have time...oh and what type of 3d program you use so i can find one?

Kapitan 02-08-12 11:16 AM

had the game but doesnt work on windows 7, had many exploits with it and some ancient posts will shop especially when i tried to take jahre viking through the english channel and ran aground.

Takeda Shingen 02-09-12 09:42 PM

I think it is safe to say that, unfortunately, Virtual Sailor has been abandoned. For my part, it was a sim that I truly loved.

chrysanthos 03-18-12 05:27 AM

i cant do it:( hey spook when you have enough time send me a readme ok?

chrysanthos 03-22-12 12:34 PM

spook what program should i use? wings 3d or blender? i managed to import a Admiral Scheer well some parts of it as obj files....so now i have to import the guns and i dont know how or what program to used....and after that i have to convert it to vehicle sim:/

chrysanthos 03-30-12 05:21 PM

maybe if i give some money for example 20usd per ship? then you are going to make them for vehicle simulator for me then??

chrysanthos 04-23-12 04:59 AM

wow i never seen that before....try to convince people to pay them to build my hearts content....and they never reply back...its just like they say ignore this idiot....well done....thats it i give up...no more....YOU are going to lose the money not me....remember that....

spook 08-09-12 08:06 PM

chrysanthos, sorry for not replying to you but I dont come to this forum much (almost never really) so I didnt see you had posted. I dont want your money, I dont really model much and I just do it for the ships/subs I want because thats what motivates me, other peoples projects dont motivate me so no, I wont do it for you and I dont really want to do a step by step because it would be pretty involved.
I saw that you noticed some 3d files were grayed out, yes that does happen, you just need to dig for the parts, hope they are there, and then convert them. If the files arent there then you need to move on to something else.
As for programs, I used Silent Editor to get the parts from the SH files, then I used Deep Explorer to convert them to obj files, then I used GMAX as my 3d program, and then used Deep Explorer to convert them to X format and then put them all in VS/VSF.

I hope this helps some

Bartolomeus 08-13-12 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrysanthos (Post 1874090)
wow i never seen that before....try to convince people to pay them to build my hearts content....and they never reply back...its just like they say ignore this idiot....well done....thats it i give up...no more....YOU are going to lose the money not me....remember that....

Hi chrysanthos

here is my answer in another thread.

Regards
Marko

Madox58 10-02-12 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrysanthos (Post 1874090)

At $20.00 U.S. per ship?
I wouldn't even hit minimum wage for the time envolved!
:haha:

How bad do you REALLY want them?
:hmmm:

chrysanthos 10-30-12 12:20 PM

well look whos here....privateer...ok then how about 50usd...its enough for you then?

magicstix 10-30-12 04:06 PM

Turbosquid has plenty of 3d models for sale. A lot of them are a bit on the pricey side though...

chrysanthos 02-17-13 05:54 AM

hey guess what:D i found a lot of cfs 2 ships but they are in mdl format so the s3editor cannot convert them to obj.....any ideas about a program to do that? i try blender but it canot find anything...

chrysanthos 08-18-16 02:05 AM

its been a long time...heloo ^_^

nsomnia 08-21-16 12:46 PM

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...or-fsx.239368/

Short answer. No.