SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Helo & Flightsim Screenshot Thread! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102648)

CCIP 03-26-14 06:57 PM

Yeah, great plane no matter how you look at it. And still counts as the loudest plane that I've had the pleasure of hearing :D

Meanwhile, some more normal pics of my recent flying:

http://i.imgur.com/dRppFau.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2zxhEQo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sX1rpiv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Dm61GTi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2DTSe25.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EJDteMm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RgJbYyd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1niyoyM.jpg

Herr-Berbunch 03-26-14 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 2190838)
And still counts as the loudest plane that I've had the pleasure of hearing :D

Yep, makes for a fantastic alarm call at 0615 every morning as they set off to bomb the crap out of Tora Bora.

Honestly, 0615-0625, without fail. If OBL was there then he'd know exactly when to duck, and live another day.

CCIP 03-28-14 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 2190856)
Yep, makes for a fantastic alarm call at 0615 every morning as they set off to bomb the crap out of Tora Bora.

Honestly, 0615-0625, without fail. If OBL was there then he'd know exactly when to duck, and live another day.

So this might be a more appropirate picture for you then :D

http://i.imgur.com/8ly4Sux.jpg

Herr-Berbunch 03-28-14 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 2191510)
So this might be a more appropriate picture for you then :D

Nearly, take away the houses and the lush greenery, and make it a bit sandy... :03:

Oberon 04-13-14 07:10 PM

http://i.imgur.com/rf1jHjm.jpg?1
Good day, sir!

Oberon 04-14-14 08:38 AM

A little tribute flight for my next door neighbour, a big Spitfire and aircraft fan, whose funeral it is today.

RIP Guy

http://i.imgur.com/BOuJXsq.jpg

Jimbuna 04-14-14 08:49 AM

Blue Skies Guy

:salute:

Kptlt. Neuerburg 04-25-14 10:53 AM

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...0/841/xmum.jpg

Biggles 04-26-14 09:55 AM

Patrol in early 1915.
http://i.imgur.com/UDVlzVW.png

CCIP 05-10-14 12:27 PM

Falcon 4.0 forever! :rock:

Hard to believe it's been around for 16 years already, and is still being worked on and improved - and is still unmatched at many of the things it does.

http://i.imgur.com/l1EfMfw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AhcJaJ8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/i46j9yo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xEfCt9Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jfa5nTN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gOss4HV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FPmVFjG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EnQz4ym.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TcbAWfA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5LGMfsY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ID7McOJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xSG8DSb.jpg

Oberon 05-10-14 12:35 PM

I really must get back to BMS, DCS is good but the campaign is rubbish compared to Falcon, and even EECH for that matter.

CCIP 05-10-14 12:39 PM

Yeah, there's really nothing that touches F4's campaign - EECH/EEAH is 2nd best if you like modern-era mud moving on a smaller scale, and also still well-supported. But the scale of what Falcon does is pretty breathtaking.

Took me forever to get back into BMS and I dreaded having to re-learn the ropes, but within a couple of days I brushed up on it enough that I'm now flying campaign missions again and it feels like I'd never been away. I've been playing F4 since a few months after it was first released, and I don't think it ever left my HD since then.

Oberon 05-10-14 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 2205738)
Yeah, there's really nothing that touches F4's campaign - EECH/EEAH is 2nd best if you like modern-era mud moving on a smaller scale, and also still well-supported. But the scale of what Falcon does is pretty breathtaking.

Took me forever to get back into BMS and I dreaded having to re-learn the ropes, but within a couple of days I brushed up on it enough that I'm now flying campaign missions again and it feels like I'd never been away. I've been playing F4 since a few months after it was first released, and I don't think it ever left my HD since then.

I must admit, I never ramp start, I got most of the hang of the F16 in AF but BMS is a whole different kettle of fish.

CCIP 05-10-14 02:18 PM

Haha, it's a habit thing :) I managed to get it down to a 21-item checklist that I keep in front of me - works pretty clean and I'm usually ready to roll in only 5 minutes (though the INS takes about 8 to align fully). The data cartridge system (especially if you use WDP to configure it outside of Falcon) really takes a lot of work out of the initial config. I always actually found the DCS A-10 to be more work in startup.

Oberon 05-10-14 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 2205772)
Haha, it's a habit thing :) I managed to get it down to a 21-item checklist that I keep in front of me - works pretty clean and I'm usually ready to roll in only 5 minutes (though the INS takes about 8 to align fully). The data cartridge system (especially if you use WDP to configure it outside of Falcon) really takes a lot of work out of the initial config. I always actually found the DCS A-10 to be more work in startup.

Windows for Warthog is a pain in the arse, I agree, although I think I've managed to get it down to a rough start without using the checklist, the error board helps, sometimes it's a case of working until the board is empty. I always forget the EAC switch though and Arclight or Raptor has to remind me where it is. :haha:

The data cartridge is an awesome piece of kit, but yeah, a bit of work to set up, but handy for putting in additional steerpoints for quick target location. :up:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.