SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [TEC] help moving Magui 1360x768 hydrophone notepad? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=251936)

divemonkie 02-18-22 12:28 PM

help moving Magui 1360x768 hydrophone notepad?

I've been using Magui for a long time added a few things to make it easier on my poor eyesight.

The last thing I need is how to move the notepad in the upper right hand corner of the hydrophone screen? I just need to move it to the right.

I'm pretty sure it's position is kept in the 1024 ini but I don't know what it's called. Have done searches for notepad and sonar/hydrophone but no clue witch of the values there are for the pad.

John Pancoast 02-18-22 12:55 PM

I use the 1366 version of that gui and what you're looking for is at g33 I9 in that file. Shouldn't be a different location for the 1360 version. The exact graphic for the notepad at the hydrophone is called notes.tga.

Also, some menu.ini search tips. Most of the .tga files for the screens are in the menu\gui path and it's subfolders.
By looking at the .tga files there it is usually easy to find the one you're looking for.
Then, simply do a search for it in the .ini file.

The top of the .ini file also has a general listing of what is where.
Hope this helps.

divemonkie 02-18-22 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2793951)
I use the 1366 version of that gui and what you're looking for is at g33 I9 in that file. Shouldn't be a different location for the 1360 version. The exact graphic for the notepad at the hydrophone is called notes.tga.

Also, some menu.ini search tips. Most of the .tga files for the screens are in the menu\gui path and it's subfolders.
By looking at the .tga files there it is usually easy to find the one you're looking for.
Then, simply do a search for it in the .ini file.

The top of the .ini file also has a general listing of what is where.
Hope this helps.

Thank you
That's what I was looking for. mine the notepads almost centerscreen when scanning for contacts making it a bit annoying.
Now I'll be able to hunt more efficient.

Thanks for the tips too!
That will make any future changes easier :up:

John Pancoast 02-18-22 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divemonkie (Post 2793955)
Thank you
That's what I was looking for. mine the notepads almost centerscreen when scanning for contacts making it a bit annoying.
Now I'll be able to hunt more efficient.

Thanks for the tips too!
That will make any future changes easier :up:

Great ! The "Position" line in the g33 block entry is what controls where it will appear on the screen.
Changing the number(s) will move it around.

divemonkie 02-18-22 04:21 PM

I thought I'd have to move each text and send to tdc check mark, but it was just one line. I bumped it over till I got it where I liked.

Now I can have course. speed and depth open while searching
very nice.
:ping:

John Pancoast 02-18-22 04:22 PM

Well done ! :up: