SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

Baifo 04-30-10 05:23 PM

Its embarrassing for me to say that I am not able to install the Mod.....I erased all the stuff and started again from 0. I have the sim correctly installed and the ZW mod directed to the right target , ending in T34vs Tiger. Once again I get the same message telling me that the mod was not completly installed and that I have to run the utility again..... I feel that I am starting to be a disturb for you. Maybe Id better give up and forget about the mod/money. I sadly simply dont know what else I can do.....
Baifo

indebin 04-30-10 05:37 PM

V6

Hi ZW
Same fps as LC, I agree suitable for release. Can't wait for next instalment.

ZeeWolf 04-30-10 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morttheslayer (Post 1378844)
Hi Zee and Tankers

Similar results to Eddie and Lc. To be honest I really didn't find any great difference in performance between v.5 and the latest v.6.
Might be peculiar to my PC system performance but I really put the Auto Driver "on the rack" and switched between Manual and Auto several times during heavy action (with the collision programme elements using processor resources in mind) and there really was no great difference (FPS) for me. Fair to say mine was never terrible, before but could slow sometimes to 5/6 but general average 7-9.

Anyway I feel bad seeing you put in a great effort but if others have improvements all is well. It runs fine - more FPS would be nice but I can see I need to "upgun" sometime to run this as we'd all like.

So far overall - brilliant , and comparison with original - can't compare.
You Delivered!! Our PC systems are your bottleneck and you'll never get it right for everyone but what you've done is the best compromise and you listened to what we said. - And you made me a loader!!!!

Best Regards - Mort :salute: (and Lc's loader)

Thanks mate,
I will have to upgun as well I want to play the High-end version as soon as
I can. Of course if and when I can afford to the AMD quad 4 black addition
sounds like it may be worth a try. :hmmm:

Thanks again morty you beta guys where a tremendous help in getting this
out with out the confusion of previous releases.:salute:

ZW

ZeeWolf 04-30-10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indebin (Post 1378857)
Hi ZW
Same fps as LC, I agree suitable for release. Can't wait for next instalment.

Thanks indebin, the next mission is in the works Kamerad!:up:

ZW

ZeeWolf 04-30-10 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baifo (Post 1378850)
Its embarrassing for me to say that I am not able to install the Mod.....I erased all the stuff and started again from 0. I have the sim correctly installed and the ZW mod directed to the right target , ending in T34vs Tiger. Once again I get the same message telling me that the mod was not completly installed and that I have to run the utility again..... I feel that I am starting to be a disturb for you. Maybe Id better give up and forget about the mod/money. I sadly simply dont know what else I can do.....
Baifo

Hey Baifo don't give up man!
Help me with more details about your system and we can start from there.
The more info the better.:yep:

ZW

Baifo 04-30-10 06:13 PM

Thank you, Zeewolf.

My PC: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz
Nvidia 275 GTX
RAM 4 GB
Windows 7, 32 bits
300 HD , 50% free.
Games running OK: WWII online:B.E. , Rise of Flight

T34 vs Tiger running also with no problems so far...
I cant install the ZW mod.
Maybe its a problem of the T34vsTiger? I bought the CD second hand and look old, but the sim seems to run properly.....
Thank you in advance.
Baifo

ZeeWolf 04-30-10 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baifo (Post 1378881)
Thank you, Zeewolf.

My PC: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz
Nvidia 275 GTX
RAM 4 GB
Windows 7, 32 bits
300 HD , 50% free.
Games running OK: WWII online:B.E. , Rise of Flight

T34 vs Tiger running also with no problems so far...
I cant install the ZW mod.
Maybe its a problem of the T34vsTiger? I bought the CD second hand and look old, but the sim seems to run properly.....
Thank you in advance.
Baifo

There is only one thing that immediately comes to mind and that is Win 7
is coming between the Mod install. Have you tried the method that frinik
suggested? and that is right mouse clicking the .exe and installing with
the administrator rights?:ping:
The second thing that comes to mind is the CD my install TvsT with write
protection "on" . Double check your default install for write protection.
Starting with the folders and then the folders contents.:ping:

ZW:up:

Baifo 04-30-10 06:53 PM

I used admin rights with the rightclick and now checked the rights. Nothing seems to be wrong. Rights for everything for administrator. Tried once again: Same message . Could not finish the install......Dont want to annoy you anymore. Thank you for everything. It has been my mistake.
Baifo

eddie 04-30-10 07:23 PM

Baifo, don't give up yet. I run Win7 64 bit, and sometimes it is hard to install something, especially older sims.

Do me a favor, look inside your TvT folder, then look in the missions folder.

You should see a file called Custom Missions, look in there next. In there should be a folder called KurskMission, spelled just like that. Do you have that folder?

ZeeWolf 04-30-10 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baifo (Post 1378913)
I used admin rights with the rightclick and now checked the rights. Nothing seems to be wrong. Rights for everything for administrator. Tried once again: Same message . Could not finish the install......Dont want to annoy you anymore. Thank you for everything. It has been my mistake.
Baifo

Double check your default install for Read Only protection.

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...ReadOnly_1.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...ReadOnly_2.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...ReadOnly_3.jpg

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...ReadOnly_4.jpg

ZW

frinik 04-30-10 10:06 PM

Instal Steps

BAIFO DON´T GIVE UP MAN! ZEE´S FULL MODS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED AND ARE BEING PLAYED BY MORE THAN 3 DOZEN MEMBERS WITHOUT PROBLEMS.THRE¨S NO REASON YOU¨D BE THE ONLY ONE:up:

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY MY VISTA SYSTEM.OK my suggestion download the Pre Kursk Alpha v1 release and save it into your game main folder so you can see it there in your game folder.Then use the right click to extract it there.Once the application folder has been extracted successfully you need to execute that file using Admin rights if needed.Do the same wiht mission v3 and Kursk misison v1 or whatever version you have.But Alpha v1 comes first as it´s needed as a base for all subsequent missions.

If needed do a fresh instal of TvsT and follow the procedure I indicated.

The reason you cannot finish the install is because your OS does not let you put the install into the Programmes files proabbly.In which folder is your game installed?The way around it that I found is to either download the mod directly into your game folder or at least copying( right click copy ) and pasting the application folder after the extract into the game folder.Then you can execute the file using admin rights or not (try both ways.Then you should see Zw´s mods in youe game main folder.MAKE SURE YOU DID NOT PUT THE MODS INTO YOUR GAME¨S SUBFOLDER which is why it does not work.

Report and let´us know where your game or games if you have more than one instal of TvsT are located.

PS a couple of important things:The Pre Kursk Alpha does not bring major visual changes to your game menu.The only visible difference you'll see is that the stock mission n 4 Intercepting the Enemy has been chnage dby BReaking Red Army Pinchers and you'll see at the end of the single player menu ZeeWolf Enterprises and underneath just text.This means Pre Kursk Alpha v1 has been successfully installed.
Mission Kursk v1 successfully installed opens up with a nice new screen with a Tiger head( the animal)in the background and ZeeWolf's first in series of tigers in Russia missions.

Lastly, make sure that when you extract or execute the mods/missions you enter the proper path because the game is defaulted automatically to C/lighthouse Interactive/T34 versus Tiger and if your game is in a different folder then ZW's mods will noy go there unless you enter the proper path.I think I have covered everything.Hang on Kamerad!

Cheers:rock:

LcSummers 05-01-10 10:20 AM

Hi Mr. Morty

Hi Morty,

sure i have v6 and tested it. But something was wrong. I didnt know what it was but then i remembered.

Hope "twocrutchesthreecpus" (like StarWars) Lc gets his mission to test also:haha:

You were missing. So i decided to take you as my new "R2D2 unit" in my Tiger tank. Lets fight this war beyoned the stars.:yeah:

LC

LcSummers 05-01-10 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1378497)
Thanks LC I agree, it is time to say beta testing complete on the Low-end
Kursk Mission 1.
Now, there is still the High-end Kursk Mission 1. And I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can run it. :06:
So, if you are getting 30 plus FPS with this latest Kursk Mission 1 you will love the High-end version.
I just finished updating it with all the new changes that you and all the beta testers found plus some of the coding
stuff that was lacking and it is ready to go.:yep:

Onwards Kamerad! :salute:

ZW

Hi ZW,

30 FPS? I think this would be or is a dream. Have you found somebody? I just having a low end pc. No 30 FPS only 7-9 FPS.

Lets see what is going on.

Waiting for your orders

LC :03:

morttheslayer 05-01-10 10:48 AM

Hello Tankers

Good to see you're running OK Frinic and I am indeed Lc's R2D2 (with whistle) and ZW made me a loader so get those tungsten (sorry it was 'wolfram' in 1943) rounds ready!!!

Baifo seems to be having problems and you're all giving him great support, although I'm not qualified to comment on Window 7 I had an early problem (graphics glitch) that was entirely unusual and unexplainable!

If you remember I said it was so bad I had my luger ready to shoot the PC or me!!:wah:
Finally resolved it by starting from scratch (again!) and reinstalling the initial problematic update (twice) after a fresh download (in case of corruption) and rebooting after each install.
Amazingly all was well and it must be said (Luger aside) that I didn't give up and Baifo shouldn't either, there is always hope.

All the Best - Mort :salute:

Wilcke 05-01-10 01:07 PM

Currently running TvT, Kursk Mis1 v6 on the Win 7 Pro 64bit OS, with no issues.

I do empty the cache with the bat utility. thanks Zee!
I do default my controls and save each time I run the game since I have joysticks USB connected up.
I did install to C:\Games2 this is old from Vista.
I run AVG virus which is benign.
I have turned off UAC competely to avoid the admin issues which started with Vista and continue.
Stock TvT installs and runs consistently.
Zee's foundation and Kursk Mission1 also.

Hope this helps any other assistance needed just ask.

Good luck!

JHS 05-01-10 08:31 PM

Hi ZeeWolf. I've been waiting for this, and I became a member today. Installed right into the TVT folder. When I run the game for offline play, I see your intro screen, and I see the ZeeWolf mission "button" under the standard game "buttons". There is nothing in the ZeeWolf mission section, and only the standard single missions, one each, of the original game. What am I missing? I am running the game on Vista with a monster computer which meets your requirements. Game runs fine, but it isn't Kursk!

eddie 05-01-10 09:02 PM

JHS, just a few of us are beta testing the Kursk mission at the moment. ZW is reworking the Kursk mission for high-end pc's like yours. I imagine he'll be in touch with you soon.

Try the other missions, they have been rewritten by ZW, and these are a lot better then the originals.

ZeeWolf 05-01-10 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHS (Post 1379694)
Hi ZeeWolf. I've been waiting for this, and I became a member today. Installed right into the TVT folder. When I run the game for offline play, I see your intro screen, and I see the ZeeWolf mission "button" under the standard game "buttons". There is nothing in the ZeeWolf mission section, and only the standard single missions, one each, of the original game. What am I missing? I am running the game on Vista with a monster computer which meets your requirements. Game runs fine, but it isn't Kursk!

Don't worry JHS you just didn't read my e-mail I sent you with the Pre-Kursk foundation file. :o

I needed to know you where able to install the first file before I sent the
Kursk Mission 1 (second file).:yep:

BTW do you think your system can handle the High-End version of Kursk
Mission 1?:03:

Onwards Kamerad!

ZW

ZeeWolf 05-01-10 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 1379707)
JHS, just a few of us are beta testing the Kursk mission at the moment. ZW is reworking the Kursk mission for high-end pc's like yours. I imagine he'll be in touch with you soon.

Try the other missions, they have been rewritten by ZW, and these are a lot better then the originals.

Hi eddie,
I thought you needed to know that every member receives Kusk mission 1 v6
now
ATB
ZW:salute:

JHS 05-01-10 10:41 PM

Hello guys---I just got the mission. It is installed and I am ready to roll out to meet the Sovs---wish me luck!

Yes, ZW, I am sure my computer can handle the best you can throw at it. I can't wait for the more demanding version!