SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Frusturating AI Gunners (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=184658)

Pacificmaelstrom 06-17-11 12:11 AM

Frusturating AI Gunners

I downloaded a battleship and I tried to take it into a enemy task force and engage enemy battleships. As I moved closer to the task force, the battleships in the task force started to engage me, however, my gunners did not engage the battleships and instead engaged one of the small cruisers, even when the cruiser was farther away from me than the battleships.

Is there a way to change the target my gunners are engaging?

Thrair 06-17-11 01:07 AM

Well, normally you can direct the fire of your deckgun through either the periscope or the TBT by first locking onto the target ship and then hitting the button that focuses fire (next to various deckgun buttons, not sure which).

Periscope is out with most battleship mods, tho.

raoul01 06-17-11 01:19 AM

look trought your binocolour (srry for my bad english, dont know how to wright it.)than you can press ATTACK TARGET.

greeting raoul

Rockin Robbins 06-17-11 02:21 PM

Whatever you do will be a workaround and a punishment for mistaking a submarine simulator for something quite different. For shame! You took on a boat so crippled you can't even submerge! You DESERVE to die.

And you wonder why you can't hit anything? You have inferior equipment. There are only two kinds of ships: submarines (yay!) and targets (that would be you:D).

raoul01 06-17-11 11:32 PM

who care what you say i know it is game for sub's but some times you need to have some fun.

Rockin Robbins 06-18-11 01:47 AM

Fun? Nawwwwwwww! That would ruin the whole game!:D

G2B 06-20-11 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 1686004)
And you wonder why you can't hit anything? You have inferior equipment. There are only two kinds of ships: submarines (yay!) and targets (that would be you:D).

:har:

Daniel Prates 06-20-11 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacificmaelstrom (Post 1685692)
I downloaded a battleship and I tried to take it into a enemy task force and engage enemy battleships. As I moved closer to the task force, the battleships in the task force started to engage me, however, my gunners did not engage the battleships and instead engaged one of the small cruisers, even when the cruiser was farther away from me than the battleships. Is there a way to change the target my gunners are engaging?

I am going to borrow Jackie Fischer's invention and use it: OMG!

I can only imagine a submarine dashing gallantly in the midst of a task force, firing it's single, puny little deck gun, being shelled from all directions. I figure it's admiral farragut there in the conning tower, saying "damm the hundreds of 15-inches shells flying all around us! Full speed ahead!"