SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   BUG REPORT: Tutorial Mode Target Speed not updating (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=241427)

gumbeauregard 06-06-19 02:43 PM

BUG REPORT: Tutorial Mode Target Speed not updating

It appears to me that in tutorial mode the solution target speed is not updating. It appears the target speed is changing but the solution speed does not.

I had a target displaying 3.4 knots

My first speed estimates were 3.7 knots and two hours later I was estimating 2 knots.

Torpedoes fired also showed that a probable speed error existed

A spread of 4 fired at 650 meters had the first 2 miss ahead, indicating the 3.4 knots was faster than actual target speed.

Reported to Wolfpack email today.

derstosstrupp 06-06-19 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumbeauregard (Post 2613149)
It appears to me that in tutorial mode the solution target speed is not updating. It appears the target speed is changing but the solution speed does not.

I had a target displaying 3.4 knots

My first speed estimates were 3.7 knots and two hours later I was estimating 2 knots.

Torpedoes fired also showed that a probable speed error existed

A spread of 4 fired at 650 meters had the first 2 miss ahead, indicating the 3.4 knots was faster than actual target speed.

Reported to Wolfpack email today.

I thought tutorial was set up so that targets did not change speed. Are you saying the target actually slowed down? How were you measuring the 2kt speed?

gumbeauregard 06-07-19 08:31 AM

The devs confirmed there are bugs and fixes are in next update.

My plot process is to determine target course and speed and plot that out ahead with 10 minute estimated target positions for at least an hour.

In this case I was confirming some trigonometry and learning Gutted’s Solver so I plotted the tutorial solution out ahead an hour and started my end around.

10 minute looks for the first 30 minutes were precisely on the estimated positions in bearing and range, confirming the original speed.

I then fired a long range torpedo (4000 meters) and scored a hit.

Subsequent 10 minute looks were wrong in bearing and my close range speed checks using time to pass the wire (124 meter Type 44 HF) and time to go 10 degrees indicated the ship had slowed after the torpedo hit but the show solution still indicated 3.4 knots.

A 90 AOB/ 3.4 knot zero gyro angle TDC salvo sent two fish ahead of the target, indicating 3.4 was fast.

derstosstrupp 06-07-19 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumbeauregard (Post 2613222)
The devs confirmed there are bugs and fixes are in next update.

My plot process is to determine target course and speed and plot that out ahead with 10 minute estimated target positions for at least an hour.

In this case I was confirming some trigonometry and learning Gutted’s Solver so I plotted the tutorial solution out ahead an hour and started my end around.

10 minute looks for the first 30 minutes were precisely on the estimated positions in bearing and range, confirming the original speed.

I then fired a long range torpedo (4000 meters) and scored a hit.

Subsequent 10 minute looks were wrong in bearing and my close range speed checks using time to pass the wire (124 meter Type 44 HF) and time to go 10 degrees indicated the ship had slowed after the torpedo hit but the show solution still indicated 3.4 knots.

A 90 AOB/ 3.4 knot zero gyro angle TDC salvo sent two fish ahead of the target, indicating 3.4 was fast.

Very good catch!