SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

K-61 11-08-23 05:20 PM

Hi everyone.

I wish to report that after a day spent fiddling around and much labour I have been able to get OneAlex to load and run. I have not yet tried a career patrol as I need to read through the documentation and relearn some of the keyboard commands. I can't get the UZO to load up but I did read something about that earlier today. I will spend some time with the manual and I am sure I will find there what I need to know.

I took the boat out for a quick spin in the naval academy navigation trial, not exam. I think it might help me to master the controls by doing the tutorials and then the exams before starting a career.

As for loading time, it took less than one minute to load the navigation tutorial. I am hoping this is a sign of good things to come. The mod looks gorgeous and I am looking forward to such new experiences as thermoclines.

Thank you, everyone, for your help and encouragment. Much appreciated.

Hellmark 12-01-23 09:40 AM

Hey everyone,
I'm new here but i've got the game since 2005.
Thanks to you guys and your supermods i dug out this nice game for a new start.

@K-61 you get the UZO with SHIFT+U removing with STRG+U , i hope this will help.:salute:

Aktungbby 12-03-23 09:56 PM

Welcome aboard!

Hellmark!:Kaleun_Salute:

Pelle71 12-18-23 10:18 AM

I have try everything! Can't start a new campaign. Works only in naval accademy.

drowssapma 12-31-23 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle71 (Post 2896059)
I have try everything! Can't start a new campaign. Works only in naval accademy.

Same deal here. I can look through this tread but we are now talking 114 pages.

My Steam version works fine, so I'm thankful that I can still play.

fitzcarraldo 12-31-23 01:00 PM

OneAlex is a "supermod" all-in-one- You donīt need steam SH3, or other version. Copy-paste the SH3 folder of OneAlex as it is, and you have the game. Run Hsie app and check you have enabled the 4GB patch. This is a must have condition, without 4GB patch the mod doesnīt work. You need a medium-power PC to run it, laptops with integrated GC and/or low memory or low CPU power cause problems...It is a heavy mod. Really, all the actual supermods for SH3 are heavy; for low end computers you can play SH3 with GWX in his original version (and it is not so easy).

Good luck and Happy New Year! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

drowssapma 01-01-24 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2897687)
OneAlex is a "supermod" all-in-one- You donīt need steam SH3, or other version. Copy-paste the SH3 folder of OneAlex as it is, and you have the game. Run Hsie app and check you have enabled the 4GB patch. This is a must have condition, without 4GB patch the mod doesnīt work. You need a medium-power PC to run it, laptops with integrated GC and/or low memory or low CPU power cause problems...It is a heavy mod. Really, all the actual supermods for SH3 are heavy; for low end computers you can play SH3 with GWX in his original version (and it is not so easy).

Good luck and Happy New Year! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Oh, I know. I'm saying I'm glad I have a Steam version so I can actually play because I cannot get this one to. I did do the 4GB patch, but it still won't run. I can get it to not crash during the training, but nothing to start a new career. Tried to start off at sea ad it simply blows up.

Aktungbby 01-01-24 11:18 AM

Welcome back!

...and Happy New Year, drowssapma!:Kaleun_Salute:

Low and Slow 01-03-24 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle71 (Post 2896059)

Try this, follow step by step. I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4UGgl1_MF4

Tabris 01-03-24 01:03 AM

I've been playing NYGM rather than this mod as of late, but I was just poking around the files and noticed there are sounds for the raising and lowering of the snorkel. I think this is fantastic feature, I had never played Onealex during the late war so I hadn't noticed. Would someone please direct me to the relevant files to get this to work in other mods, if possible?

NiKuTa 01-04-24 08:11 AM

Hi. Any DL link for this mod? No link in first post :(

Plissken_04 01-04-24 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiKuTa (Post 2898081)
Hi. Any DL link for this mod? No link in first post :(

https://gofile.me/2YNK2/8StrLa1aF :Kaleun_Salute:

les green01 01-09-24 07:24 PM

I can get it to fire up crashes as soon you press start on the map only thing works is acamdy single and campaign don't

junkman 01-12-24 11:07 AM

WoW On my 13 patrol in VIIC boat 1941. This is a great MOD, quite enjoy it and recommend it to all boat Kapitns. Happy hunting.

Aktungbby 01-12-24 09:48 PM

Welcome back!

Low and Slow! :Kaleun_Salute: back on the surface after 9 years' 'silent running'!:up: