SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod from Onealex (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248010)

Onealex 09-14-21 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoiga (Post 2768325)
YES. Like this.

Is there no plobrem for UZO?

As you can see on the video there is no problem (1940)

shoiga 09-14-21 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2768326)
As you can see on the video there is no problem (1940)

Mmmm…

OK. Thank you.
I will try .

shoiga 09-14-21 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoiga (Post 2768328)
Mmmm…

OK. Thank you.
I will try .

UZO fixed!
I don't know why…

But Thank you very much!

Boche 09-14-21 10:58 AM

Hello ONEALEX! have to say I started with your mod yesterday and the time I played I really enjoyed it. It looks like the mod ive been looking for for a long time.

Bad thing is, I saved on my return trip but I cant load the save :( it gets to the black loading screen and crashes there. Ive tried reloading previous saves (I saved a couple of times before) but same thing happens...any advice?

Thank you.

Onealex 09-14-21 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boche (Post 2768368)
Hello ONEALEX! have to say I started with your mod yesterday and the time I played I really enjoyed it. It looks like the mod ive been looking for for a long time.

Bad thing is, I saved on my return trip but I cant load the save :( it gets to the black loading screen and crashes there. Ive tried reloading previous saves (I saved a couple of times before) but same thing happens...any advice?

Thank you.

Hello.
All advices regarding to saves are dedcribed in GWX 3.0 manual (documentation folder).
My practice says:
1 Make saves only when your boat is surfaced.
2 There should not be any ship/airplane arround your boat (20-50 km).
3 Make saves from a distance of 150 km from ship which was sunk.
4 During a patrol make 10-15 saves.
5 Do not use Alt + TAB during a patrol.
But sometimes these advices are not work and the game makes CTD. Just live with those rules )

Doolar 09-14-21 01:40 PM

re

I use a few more:

1.Stop music on Gramophone
2. Let game run at 1x for at least 5-10 minutes before saving ( kinda let the
game and computer "settle down" a bit )
3. Exit game in the Command Room or on the NAV Map view

just my opinion. With These suggestions and ONEALEX'S suggestions above, SAVE GAME issues are mostly non-existent. I myself have never had an issue. Hope this helps. Jerry from CA45

Onealex 09-14-21 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doolar (Post 2768418)
I use a few more:

1.Stop music on Gramophone
2. Let game run at 1x for at least 5-10 minutes before saving ( kinda let the
game "settle down" a bit )
3. Exit game in the Command Room or on the NAV Map view

just my opinion. With These suggestions and ONEALEX'S suggestions above, SAVE GAME issues are mostly non-existent. I myself have never had an issue. Hope this helps. Jerry from CA45

Yes good advices Jerry.

Dieselglock 09-14-21 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2768369)
Hello.
All advices regarding to saves are dedcribed in GWX 3.0 manual (documentation folder).
My practice says:
1 Make saves only when your boat is surfaced.
2 There should not be any ship/airplane arround your boat (20-50 km).
3 Make saves from a distance of 150 km from ship which was sunk.
4 During a patrol make 10-15 saves.
5 Do not use Alt + TAB during a patrol.
But sometimes these advices are not work and the game makes CTD. Just live with those rules )

This along with Doolar's advice is good advice. May I also add do not save if in the middle of a function like torpedo loading and such.

I have found the GWX ONEALEX edition to be one of the most stable mods I have played including SH3,SH4 and SH5.

Onealex 09-15-21 05:34 AM

SH Commander update for GWX Onealex Edition 1.50. The main link has been updated:
1 Correction of maximum depths for all u-boats. Now using the SH Commander "Randomize u-boat crash depth" function will be correct relative to the maximum depths of u-boats in the game.
2 Added the ability to enable the "Set wave height: Seasonal" function, which makes the waves in the game dependent on the season.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaV...ew?usp=sharing

dex 09-15-21 08:37 AM

About first mission in base Bergen

greetings OneAlex,just little thing about Bergen,maybe bug .... time of transfer nov.1942
I move to Bergen from 10th flotilla Lorient and first mission is still Caribbean area (Ed47) ...I was fight a lot in this area(Caribbean patrol planes,american warships...) and I want some different location for example cold north,north Norway,attack on convoys to Russia maybe
Is there a chance to see maybe some iceberg in the water...
I got message from Bdu about some action in area Novaya Zemlya,german warships against allies

Onealex 09-15-21 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dex (Post 2768580)
greetings OneAlex,just little thing about Bergen,maybe bug .... time of transfer nov.1942
I move to Bergen from 10th flotilla Lorient and first mission is still Caribbean area (Ed47) ...I was fight a lot in this area(Caribbean patrol planes,american warships...) and I want some different location for example cold north,north Norway,attack on convoys to Russia maybe
Is there a chance to see maybe some iceberg in the water...
I got message from Bdu about some action in area Novaya Zemlya,german warships against allies

Hi.

1 You have SH Commander and you can choose new grid for patrolling manually or randomly
2 Icebergs you can find here...
https://d.radikal.ru/d10/2109/5b/6df9728a8600.jpg

dex 09-15-21 08:57 AM

about base Bergen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2768584)
Hi.

1 You have SH Commander and you can choose new grid for patroling manually or randomly
2 Icebergs you can find here...
https://d.radikal.ru/d10/2109/5b/6df9728a8600.jpg

Really...Interesting..I must try,thanks

Boche 09-15-21 11:16 AM

Thank you for the replies :) seems to be working if I follow those rules. Never had any issue saving with other mods so was never used to using them.

thanks again.

PS: One quick question. What is the state of allied surface radar equipment per year? Im in Jan 1942 and im trying to stalk a convoy but it seems im getting derected when im far off and they come and charge me.

Maybe it is how its supposed to be but AFAIK its a bit early for that in the war. Thank you! Having fun so far.

Onealex 09-15-21 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boche (Post 2768626)
Thank you for the replies :) seems to be working if I follow those rules. Never had any issue saving with other mods so was never used to using them.

thanks again.

PS: One quick question. What is the state of allied surface radar equipment per year? Im in Jan 1942 and im trying to stalk a convoy but it seems im getting derected when im far off and they come and charge me.

Maybe it is how its supposed to be but AFAIK its a bit early for that in the war. Thank you! Having fun so far.

Different ships have different radars in different war periods )
Try to be submerged during attack or take a good position and wait. You can also be detected when u-boat has high speed and surfaced. Probably from 8-10 km but it depends on u-boat's speed/u-boat's type/waves/fog/sunlight/crew rating on the enemy ship etc. In my mod there are a lot of changes related to detection skills so you should pay attention on everything

Boche 09-15-21 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2768641)
Different ships have different radars in different war periods )
Try to be submerged during attack or take a good position and wait. You can also be detected when u-boat has high speed and surfaced. Probably from 8-10 km but it depends on u-boat's speed/u-boat's type/waves/fog/sunlight/crew rating on the enemy ship etc. In my mod there are a lot of changes related to detection skills so you should pay attention on everything

It was a flower class corvette. Weather was not good but not that bad either. And I was totally surfaced. Maybe I should go decks awash? jeje.

Thanks for the information :)

Onealex 09-15-21 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boche (Post 2768656)
It was a flower class corvette. Weather was not good but not that bad either. And I was totally surfaced. Maybe I should go decks awash? jeje.

Thanks for the information :)

Flower class has Type286 radar in 1942 which has detection range of 6 km

Onealex 09-15-21 01:42 PM

The campaign in the Mediterranean sea has been fixed + fixed the pointer on the attack disk for GWX Onealex Edition 1.50. The main link has been updated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oi1...ew?usp=sharing

Randomizer 09-15-21 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onealex (Post 2768672)
The campaign in the Mediterranean sea has been fixed + fixed the pointer on the attack disk for GWX Onealex Edition 1.50. The main link has been updated.

Just to be clear, this fix applies only if the Mediterranean Only campaign has been activated? Thanks in advance.

-C

Dieselglock 09-15-21 02:19 PM

Scapa Flow

Hello Alex,

Have you tried the 1939 Scapa Flow mission with your mod? I have done it in single mission mode but not yet in career mode. Would the asw behavior be different in career mode vs single mission?

Onealex 09-15-21 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randomizer (Post 2768682)
Just to be clear, this fix applies only if the Mediterranean Only campaign has been activated? Thanks in advance.

-C

If you don't play Mediterranean campaign and don't use attack disk this fix is not needed for you