SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   NYGM 3 Super-mod (Current: 3.6 F, January 13th 2015) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139231)

ReallyDedPoet 01-18-15 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 2279435)
NYGM is neither tough nor easy. It is accurate.

That sums up everything that I understand this mod to be :yep::up:

BigWalleye 01-18-15 08:37 PM

Stiebler, I believe I have ironed out the compatibility issues. All features of NYGM3.F/Stiebler4C_SubFlags/Stiebler4C are working properly. MEP5 Visual Sensors and Rubini's Hydrophone Layers integrate into the sensors.dat from 3.6F without causing any interference. NYGM HiRes Subs integrates by merging the NSS_Uboatxx.eqp files. I let SubFlags overwrite the Turmxx_x_hd.dat files, so I may be losing functionality from HiRes Subs, although I did not observe any effect. At the very least, the graphics of HiRes Subs are still accessible. (Won't have to begin patrols in a rust bucket!) It will be nice to leave/enter port with antennas stowed and the ensign flying!

BTW, I cleaned up some schmutz from NSS_Uboat7c_hull.tga and fixed the Turm7b_x_hd.dat. I'd be happy to send them and the merged files, if you want them.

Stiebler 01-19-15 04:33 AM

For those who asked, NYGM 3.6D is still available on the NYGM site:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/NYGM3_6D.7z
It is no longer listed in the available list of mods on the SubSim-NYGM page.

@Walleye:
Nice work, and I'd be very glad to receive your amended files if you can post them somewhere.
Can you just clarify, please, what you mean when you say:
"NYGM HiRes Subs integrates by merging the NSS_Uboatxx.eqp files."
Are you overlaying the eqp files from HiRes subs onto the NYGM3.6F eqp files, or vice-versa?

Stiebler.

BigWalleye 01-19-15 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 2279787)
Can you just clarify, please, what you mean when you say:
"NYGM HiRes Subs integrates by merging the NSS_Uboatxx.eqp files."
Are you overlaying the eqp files from HiRes subs onto the NYGM3.6F eqp files, or vice-versa?

Stiebler.

Neither. I merged the contents of the .eqp files from 3.6F with the contents of the files from HiREs Subs. (There was only one additional entry needed in each file.) I put the merged file in with JSGME after both 3.6F and HiRes Subs were activated, so it overwrites them both. I think you could include the merged files in HiRes Subs, and the additional entry wouldn't cause harm for someone using an older version of NYGM. Needs to be checked. Also, someone who uses external cams should check and see if all the animations from HiRes Subs are still functioning.

I'll package up everything and PM you with a drop location - later. Right now, I'm taking my morning drugs. In the morning, I suffer from hypocaffeinemia (low blood caffeine) and am not functional until I get a couple of cups in me!

Thanks again for all the goodies! Now I may have to abort that patrol so I can upgrade to 3.6F. Never going to make it to '41! What was it Churchill said? "Better" is the enemy of "good enough.":)

-BW

Faquarl 01-19-15 09:14 AM

Is it poosible to install the frog's fabulous destroyers into Nygm Campaign?
And if yes, how can I do it?

MfG Faquarl

álvaro 01-19-15 12:55 PM

@ Stiebler

Thanks for to put NYGM 3.6D again. It was a nice touch. :up:

@ Bigwalleeye

Great work trying to insert Hres Submarines in V3.6F. I look forward to seeing because besides this great mod is the most historic, my pc only has power to run properly NYGM and worst GWXV3.0 :up:

hauangua 01-19-15 01:30 PM

Hi BigWalleye :salute:

can you give me your mod list with nygm? thank you

BigWalleye 01-19-15 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2279919)
Hi BigWalleye :salute:

can you give me your mod list with nygm? thank you

Please check post #1059 in this thread.

hauangua 01-20-15 11:48 AM

Thanks BigWalleye :) .... but your list has the "secrets" ...
so I can not use it ...:hmmm:

BigWalleye 01-20-15 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2280194)
Thanks BigWalleye :) .... but your list has the "secrets" ...
so I can not use it ...:hmmm:

Not secrets really, but I have done a lot of tweaking to get rid of incompatibilities between mods that were not ever intended to work together. (A couple are specifically for GWX3, so they shouldn't be used with NYGM.) I regret that I don't have anything that I can easily share. My big "On Top" mod, which resolves all the incompatibilities, also has a lot of personal tweaks in it, all built around a setup that I use exclusively with SH3Speech voice command. Everything was just cobbled together as I kept adding mods, and now it would be a huge undertaking to pull out just the incompatibility fixes.

But what I did is not rocket science. As Dick Feynman used to say: "What one fool can figure out, another fool can figure out better." Maybe you can try some of the mods on my list and get them to play nice for your setup.

Good luck and good hunting!

ReallyDedPoet 01-20-15 02:07 PM

Welcome to SUBSIM Faquarl :sunny:

Jimbuna 01-21-15 06:38 AM

Welcome back Faquarl :sunny:

Stiebler 01-21-15 12:25 PM

HiRes Submarines restored for NYGM 3.6F

By popular request (and the labours of BigWalleye):

Mikhayl's HiRes submarines for NYGM is now updated to be compatible with NYGM 3.6F, and can be downloaded here:

http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/NYG...arines_3_6F.7z

Please note that this is a very large download (ca. 104 MBytes), owing to the need to provide corrected turms.

Original work by Mikhayl in 2009; recent updates with work created by Anvart and adapted by Tycho; further updates for compatibility with NYGM 3.6F by BigWalleye.

My (our?) thanks to all.

Stiebler.

BigWalleye 01-21-15 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 2280538)
By popular request (and the labours of BigWalleye):

Mikhayl's HiRes submarines for NYGM is now updated to be compatible with NYGM 3.6F, and can be downloaded here:

http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/NYG...arines_3_6F.7z

Please note that this is a very large download (ca. 104 MBytes), owing to the need to provide corrected turms.

Original work by Mikhayl in 2009; recent updates with work created by Anvart and adapted by Tycho; further updates for compatibility with NYGM 3.6F by BigWalleye.

My (our?) thanks to all.

Stiebler.

Just to verify what may be obvious: Is Stiebler4C_SubFlags no longer needed if HiRes_Subs3.6F is used?

Stiebler 01-21-15 02:17 PM

@BigWalleye:
Quote:

Is Stiebler4C_SubFlags no longer needed if HiRes_Subs3.6F is used?
Correct, no longer needed.

Stiebler.