SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   T34 vs Tiger- Kursk 1943 coming soon! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158301)

ZeeWolf 06-20-10 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1423621)
Fantastic news Zee! 2 new missions is worth celebrating!:woot:

FPS -wise what can you tell us? How many did youg et testing them?Hopefully by next weekend my new rig will be up and running but meanwhile I am interested in your feedback.

Cheers Herr Kaleu:salute:

Wow frinik I didn't know your new PC was still not up and running!
Sure hope you get that resolved Asap. As for FPS, 8-10 when you
start out from Village C. Then after the first kill-zone then they go
up to 11-15+. So the FPS will be more than enough needed to play.
But of course not up to a level we all want - yet.:up:

Cheers! :salute:

ZW

morttheslayer 06-20-10 04:40 PM

Art and stuff for "Zee Team" - play on words here

Zee (and the rest!)
Fantastic visuals for a dawn pre battle scenario; Zee you are indeed the master of disaster.:woot:
You will of course know I have been drafted to the labour battalion and my art consists of painting many walls whilst avoiding the "paintbrush retrofit". It's art Jim - but not as we know it.
Some people enjoy house painting but I'd as soon stick pins in my eyes.

Good to hear Lc will now be able to get some welly (boot to you Lc :haha:!!!) into that tricky accelerator in the Tiger soon, coupled with his excellent night vision - Ivan - be afraid.

Very much looking forward to the next Kursk updates especially if the FPS can be enhanced there's some involved stuff going on. Interested to hear what your performance is like Frinic when you can get your new PC up and running must be frustrating to say the least. I get hammered at night BTW due to my poor night vision :wah: I have to cheat and act as commander letting the gunner do the hard work (well spotting some of the difficult targets that is).
Cheers all Morty Over and out :salute:

ZeeWolf 06-20-10 10:14 PM

Thanks Morty,
Hope your hard labor sentence will end soon. Good to hear all is well, started
thinking maybe your wife read your e-mails :haha:
Don't worry about cheating, I designed these Kursk missions with the abillity
for the other Tigers to complete the mission if you let them.

Cheers Mate!:salute:

ZW

frinik 06-20-10 11:47 PM

Slave labour????

Hi Morty!

I wasn't aware that you had been forcibly drafted by the Todt Organisation?Excellent! Next there are about 2 dozen Tigersin our Zug awaiting fresh coats of paint and of course I am sure we can find work for you applying camo paint on our AT gun emplacements.Actually, I am co9ntemplating having the whole surrounding forest repainted in Tiger camo colour just to confuse the Bolschevicks when they attack us; T34 versus 34 Trees....

Yes I am definitely looking forward to having my new machine up and running. I bought it 7 weeks ago and thanks to Acer's incompetence and poor client service I am still waiting to get a shot (pun intended) at using it...Based on my experience running tentatively a copy of my main SF game on it I expect to get at least twice to 2 1/2 the fps I was getting on my Toshiba laptop.Which means I can play the stock game at 40 to 50 fps and ZeeWolf's missions at anywhere between 10 to 30 fps all set at maximum resolution 1920 x 1080.

Welcome back Morty and tell your Tank Commander to give you a couple of days of furlough so you play a little bit!Tell her a secret; Slavery has been officially abolished since 1830....:arrgh!:

Cheers

ZeeWolf 06-21-10 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frinik (Post 1424259)
Hi Morty!

I wasn't aware that you had been forcibly drafted by the Todt Organisation?Excellent! Next there are about 2 dozen Tigersin our Zug awaiting fresh coats of paint and of course I am sure we can find work for you applying camo paint on our AT gun emplacements.Actually, I am co9ntemplating having the whole surrounding forest repainted in Tiger camo colour just to confuse the Bolschevicks when they attack us; T34 versus 34 Trees....

Yes I am definitely looking forward to having my new machine up and running. I bought it 7 weeks ago and thanks to Acer's incompetence and poor client service I am still waiting to get a shot (pun intended) at using it...Based on my experience running tentatively a copy of my main SF game on it I expect to get at least twice to 2 1/2 the fps I was getting on my Toshiba laptop.Which means I can play the stock game at 40 to 50 fps and ZeeWolf's missions at anywhere between 10 to 30 fps all set at maximum resolution 1920 x 1080.

Welcome back Morty and tell your Tank Commander to give you a couple of days of furlough so you play a little bit!Tell her a secret; Slavery has been officially abolished since 1830....:arrgh!:

Cheers

GOOD GOD! 7 weeks? I feel your pain man. :cry:

ZW

frinik 06-21-10 10:25 PM

Zee Pain ist Derripel!

Thanks Zee!Actually it wasn't so much pain as frustration and feeling like driving a Tiger to Acer HQ and giving them at 88mm gun-point 10 minutes to fix their screw-up:arrgh!:.

Anyway, it's water under the bridge I've got all 6( Yup six) recovery cds yesterday now I'll have to task my Panzer Kommandantin with doing the necessary( I ain't good with that stuff just playin' and shootin':shucks:.She's the brain I am the brawn)

Hopefully wityh 5 days I'll have everything installed.

Cheers:up:

ZeeWolf 06-21-10 11:36 PM

All 5 CDs! That's great news frink. :woot: I am very interested in hearing all the
improvements in performance. TvT will that on a new life compared to your
laptop :DL

Cheers! :salute:

ZW

Jose Luis Lourenco 06-23-10 09:55 AM

New conscript

Hi Guys

Just made my donation, waiting now for my orders to march to the Eastern Front.

Thank you Zeewolf for your work that allowed us to bring back from storage the TvT cd.

Cheers

José Luís lourenço

ZeeWolf 06-23-10 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Luis Lourenco (Post 1426286)
Hi Guys

Just made my donation, waiting now for my orders to march to the Eastern Front.

Thank you Zeewolf for your work that allowed us to bring back from storage the TvT cd.

Cheers

José Luís lourenço

Welcome aboard Kamerad! :salute:
Check your e-mail :up:

ZW

frinik 06-23-10 10:18 PM

Nach Ost!

Bemvindo a bordo Jose Luis!

We may have a freshly painted Tiger ( courtesy of MortSlayer better known as Morty) just for you.

Welcome aboard your captain ZeeWolf and his merry crew wish you a most pleasant trip to the desolate steppes of Russia.

:salute:

morttheslayer 06-24-10 04:27 PM

I shouldn't have retired!

I sense a lot of itchy trigger fingers out there!!!

I can paint your tanks for you but only Dulux Weathershield Sandstone colour external and Barley white interior this might not be the best camo choice. My Todt Organisation stores depot only has this in stock. :haha: Very restful though! I'm working harder now than when I was fully employed; although I confess to previously being a malingerer. Only 9 years house maintenance to catch up on. Sorry I'm right off topic here just saying why I'm low profile at present. :wah:

I'm building up to a reward when I've finished (if - that is) and maybe treat myself to a new monitor and graphics card (we'll see).

Frinic hope you get sorted soon, my recovery discs were 4xDVDs!! Win7 although excellent so far, carries some bloat. There is also no natural e-mail client (Outlook) btw, (at least on my home premium version) unless you unlock the Win7 integral MS office application by purchasing the code as an additional app. Pity as I had both the ISP & Outlook set up on WinXP previously.
Please let us know your FPS score when you are able, I am really impressed with this notebook i5 processor and I thought my desk PC E8500 was pretty good!! now beginning to wonder??

I had to log in again to see those screen shots Zee posted - lovely:yeah:

All the best Zee and batallion Over and Out - Morty :salute:

frinik 06-25-10 02:35 AM

Paint Job

Nice try Morty! However since ZeeWolf is planning new missions that will take place in the winter and perhaps autumn the sandstone and barley white interior colours will come in handy as we need to upgrade our Tigers camo.

The recovery has been done( needed 2 tries though).Installed the graphic drivers but the sound is not working.This needs to be fixed. Otherwise pc is working fine.But I ma not overly impressed by Nvidia GT330 .While the fps are not bad I don't find the quality of the graphics to be overwhelming.I like the quality of the image better on my ATI 3850.

Cheers to All!

Jose Luis Lourenco 06-25-10 06:57 AM

Thank you Guys for your warm welcome.

Zee, I instaled the basic pack you sent me over a new install of TvsT and after a reboot instaled the mission 6, when I start the sim I have a new menu option "Project Zeewolf", but inside there´s only one link that just reads "Text" and if I click on that I get to the mission choose menu but the only "mission" in there is the "Text" word that loads nothing.

When I get home from work will try to send you screen shots of what I just tried to explain.

All the best Zee and Abteilung Kameraden

ZeeWolf 06-25-10 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Luis Lourenco (Post 1427803)
Thank you Guys for your warm welcome.

Zee, I instaled the basic pack you sent me over a new install of TvsT and after a reboot instaled the mission 6, when I start the sim I have a new menu option "Project Zeewolf", but inside there´s only one link that just reads "Text" and if I click on that I get to the mission choose menu but the only "mission" in there is the "Text" word that loads nothing.

When I get home from work will try to send you screen shots of what I just tried to explain.

All the best Zee and Abteilung Kameraden

No problem Jose, you just need to read the instructions I sent with the file.
And then install the second file. That's all. :up:

Cheers Kamerad :salute:

ZW

morttheslayer 06-25-10 03:39 PM

Yes you have to read the instructions!!

Hi Jose

Good to have another artilliary magnet in the batallion.

Good advice from Zeewolf, he will of course confirm, I always read the instructions ------

Afterwards!!!:haha:
All the Best
Morty :salute:

ZeeWolf 06-25-10 04:42 PM

Well Kameraden,:oops:

With my hat in my hand I have to tell you I screwed up. The mistake was mine.
I need you to download the file again. :yep: I fixed it and am sorry for all the hassle.

Humbled but not broken,:doh:

ZW

PS: Not this time Morty!

Priscalan 06-26-10 01:19 AM

hello everybody

I'm back after a journey in Rome :DL

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...02010/Rome.jpg

Frinik, j'ai repris mon apprentissage de l'éditeur, mais je perds beaucoup de temps :(
j'aurais aimé que Zeewolf me fasse un cours. Je suis entrain de recommencer ce qu'il a fait depuis un an. Avec la version originale en russe, j'arrive à me débrouiller et à comprendre pas mal de choses et du coup je suis moins présent sur le forum...:wah:
je pense mettre prochainement une visualisation de ce que je peux déjà faire:03:...

Priscalan 06-26-10 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeeWolf (Post 1428237)
Well Kameraden,:oops:

With my hat in my hand I have to tell you I screwed up. The mistake was mine.
I need you to download the file again. :yep: I fixed it and am sorry for all the hassle.

Humbled but not broken,:doh:

ZW

PS: Not this time Morty!

Hi Zee,
I did not understand what it was ... What file? What mistake?:-?

ZeeWolf 06-26-10 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priscalan (Post 1428483)
Hi Zee,
I did not understand what it was ... What file? What mistake?:-?

Glad your back Kamerad :up: That's a nice picture. As for the file in question
it is the one I sent out to very resent Project ZeeWolf members.

Although get ready for a new update file that will include all the stuff I've
been working on through June PLUS Kursk Mission 2 :salute:

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW

frinik 06-26-10 10:40 PM

Salut Priscalan!

Felicitations pour ce voyage a Rome Priscalan! Comme j' aimerais y etre!

Au sujet de l'editeur de mission il faut comprendre que ZeeWolf en a plein les bras et qu'il travaille, de son propre aveu, 14 heures par jour libre sur TvsT et tous ses temps hors du travail il les consacre a fignoler le jeu, creer de nouveaux modeles, nouvelles cartes et missionsIl doit bosser aussi pour ses 50 membres qui ont paye et attendent des resultats...S' il avait une equipe comme les moddeurs de Steel Fury alors il pourrait consacrer du temps a montrer des choses.Neanmoins envoie/lui un Pm pour lui demander s'il ne pourrait pas t'envoyer un petit cours de base sur les trucs qui t' interessent...

Montre nous ce que tu a appris ce serait interessant.

Salut :salute: